HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sign Scuderi to a 4 year, $3.4MM/Season Contract

Old
07-03-2009, 12:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
An upgrade over Gauthier for sure. Not the guy I wanted but at least I know Lombardi is still alive and he fits into Terry Murray's system which is very important.
Not difficult considering Gauthier was not even an NHL player.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
A defenseman should be in their prime around 30 years old.

I like the signing a lot, surprised it was 3.4 m/year but after Bouwmeester there really wasn't many good defenseman on the market.
Not really directed at you BringTheReign But I find it odd that when we trade away a 31 year old defenseman it is because he is "Past is Prime".....but when we sign a 30 year old defenseman he should be "In his prime"......just an observation.

Captain Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:41 AM
smallhands

Pens fan here. Off the ice with regard to the salary cap, I'm not sure the Scuds signing was bad, OK, or really good. However, Kings fans who appreciate solid, smart defensive play will love Scuderi on the ice. He's extremely enjoyable to watch in the defensive zone as he rarely makes a mistake. His turnover that resulted in the Helm goal in game 4 of the Cup SHOCKED me. He's that good. And with regard to the penalty kill, he may be one the best in the league. Smart, determined defense more so than offense helped the Pens "solve" Detroit and Scuds was a MAJOR part of that effort. You might not notice him on the ice at first because he has almost no offensive worth. But watch him make the simple poke check, the smart defensive zone pass, the chip to the corner when the puck is in front of the net, the blocked shot, etc. You'll start to appreciate his attention to detail in the defensive zone. Plus he really is a good teammate and family man from the stuff I've read/seen/heard.

Enjoy! I think the Kings are assembling a nice young squad that will be in the playoffs in 1-2 years and going deep in 3-4 years.

smallhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Free Willy

dont forget that scuderi played with hal gill who had the mobility of a log yet was passed off as decent with scuderi

Free Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 08:43 PM
bcking

Noticed they have Scuderi listed with the number 4 on the roster at the kings website, if true would he be the first to wear that number since Blake?

bcking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcking View Post
Noticed they have Scuderi listed with the number 4 on the roster at the kings website, if true would he be the first to wear that number since Blake?
Yep. Can't wait to see it stitched on an actual jersey.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcking View Post
God I hope so

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote