HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

D Prospect's Beefing Up

Old
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanky View Post
Kuba's slow as molasses
Good thing he's not our only d-man

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
I was watching the Sens Development Town Hall video on Sens TV, they had Bass, O'Brien, Karlsson and Cowen on. Man, Cowen is 18 and he is already huge. He is going to be one strong, huge dude in a few years. Very scary!

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
We all knew that Murray likes big players. Well. he's stocking up on not only big players but skilled big players. He is doing exactly what he did with Anaheim. Building the foundation of an NHL contender. Whether or not he gets to see the fruits of his labor we will see. I predict that some team will start making inquiries for Tim Murray for their GM in a year or two. And that is when Bryan will retire or more likely Melnyk gives him a senior post and they make Tim the GM.

To rebuild a farm system the way they have, and to do it so quickly without finishing last for two or three years in a row is pretty darn good.
We are on the same page

Quote:
You have to be able to catch them to hit them. Most of those guys are too slow to keep up with the Habs speedy forwards.
Oh sorry, i almost forgot. There is always a dark side, and it should be bigger than the bright side when it comes to the Ottawa Senators. And that even if we are drafting big huge D-men with mobility and lot of skill. But anyway :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I really don't see that problem. Karlsson is a fantastic skater, Lee is a really good skater, Cowen is huge and also a good skater, Weirciotch is a decent skater, Campoli has no problems at all in the skating department, and Phillips and Volchenkov have both proven they can skate and defend as well as anyone.

Quote:
Kuba's slow as molasses
That's nice but at this point, Kuba is a "safe bet stop-gap". Not even sure he will stay with the Sens for the 3 remaining years of his contract

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote