HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I just don't see a point in discussing something that isn't going to come true.

We don't need a centre who can take faceoffs if we go by what the coach says (you know, reality?), our guys have to get better. Richards should be the guy we trust for big draws, so ideally he'll be better next year.

But yes, Holmgren has said he wants another offensive player, presumably to replace one of our lost RWs. Jones still needs to be waived in order to do that.

The team is not set in stone yet, I'm just saying get used to the idea that this mystery third line centre probably isn't coming. We don't need one since we have Carter, Richards, and Giroux at centre.
The reality is, this coach has not proven to be very smart with his personnel decisions so I have no faith in his decision making. If they want to continue to waste Richards as a primary shut down guy, or wait for Giroux and Carter to shut down the likes of Malkin, Crosby, Staal and Ovechkin, we are waiting a LONG TIME for this team to win a championship, Pronger or no Pronger.

I dont care if the mystery third line center is coming or not, I just dont see how they can possibly afford another scoring winger.....They should have moved Carle and kept Knuble if that was the case.....I have less and less faith in Stevens/Homer as the days, weeks, months, years continue....

Someone cheap like Shanahan/Recchi is fine, but these guys dont play in the top 6 anymore and that is what we need if the team is structured like the moron is saying...

Old
07-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
The reality is, this coach has not proven to be very smart with his personnel decisions so I have no faith in his decision making.

I dont care if the mystery third line center is coming or not, I just dont see how they can possibly afford another scoring winger.....They should have moved Carle and kept Knuble if that was the case.....I have less and less faith in Stevens/Homer as the days, weeks, months, years continue....
Yeah well like I said (either here or somewhere else...this discussion is going on in 8 different threads), Jones should've been waived and then we should've matched Washington's offer for Knuble. Then we're not talking about the need for a winger. It was dumb to lose our top two RWs in a few days time.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the decisions made by Homer or Stevens either, as you should know, but I'm getting myself prepared to see Giroux at centre. Whether we like it or not, they make the decisions.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Yeah well like I said (either here or somewhere else...this discussion is going on in 8 different threads), Jones should've been waived and then we should've matched Washington's offer for Knuble. Then we're not talking about the need for a winger. It was dumb to lose our top two RWs in a few days time.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the decisions made by Homer or Stevens either, as you should know, but I'm getting myself prepared to see Giroux at centre. Whether we like it or not, they make the decisions.
I dont disagree with you at all, stop taking out your frustrations on me *******!!!

I actually like the "Detroit theory" of going with 3 lines, I dont mind Giroux at center if he is paired with Briere, again, I just dont see how it is going to work but maybe Homer will surprise me....

Would be really nice to have a guy like Upshall right now that can play on any line

Old
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I dont disagree with you at all, stop taking out your frustrations on me *******!!!

I actually like the "Detroit theory" of going with 3 lines, I dont mind Giroux at center if he is paired with Briere, again, I just dont see how it is going to work but maybe Homer will surprise me....

Would be really nice to have a guy like Upshall right now that can play on any line
Agree on Upshall. Once again, another solid top 9 player we could have in the lineup if Jones was waived.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:42 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
dont even get me started on Upshall

Old
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
IrishSniper87

Even Strength
Gagne-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Carcillo-Richards-Asham
Powe-Matsumoto-Lappy
Ross
Kalinski

PP
Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Pronger-Carle

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Coburn-Timonen

PK
Gagne-Richards

Hartnell-Carter

Lappy worked into PK?

Ice time leader
Richards

Old
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Agree on Upshall. Once again, another solid top 9 player we could have in the lineup if Jones was waived.
Maybe we could trade them Nodl and Jones for Upshall.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Even Strength
Gagne-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Carcillo-Richards-Asham
Powe-Matsumoto-Lappy
Ross
Kalinski

PP
Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Pronger-Carle

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Coburn-Timonen

PK
Gagne-Richards

Hartnell-Carter

Lappy worked into PK?

Ice time leader
Richards
Not terrible....I rather Lappy with Richards than Asham though.....I dont think Carcillo or Powe wouldnt be bad with Richards. In fact, if Carcillo kept his head in the game he would probably get 20 easily. Richards points may come down 10-15 points or so, but if that is what it takes to win than so be it.

I also would switch Carle and Timonen on your powerplay units.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
HoverCarle*

Nodl Carcillo and Asham in the top 9 sucks

Carcillo and Lapperiere in the top 9 would be OK, but replace Nodl with a free agent

Old
07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
dr.rosenrosen

Quote:
Even Strength
Gagne-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Carcillo-Richards-Asham
Powe-Matsumoto-Lappy
Ross
Kalinski

PP
Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Pronger-Carle

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Coburn-Timonen

PK
Gagne-Richards

Hartnell-Carter

Lappy worked into PK?

Ice time leader
Richards
i mean this isn't bad i guess you could always have richie come out and take FO's when we need a sure win or when it's super important. gagne should have 80 goals with briere and giroux setting him up. i guess we'll/i'm going to have to get use to the fact that either briere or giroux is going to be centering a line at some point this year unless we can unload jones somehow??? maybe some will need an overpaid bottom pairing Dman closer to the season. fingers crossed.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:56 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nodl Carcillo and Asham in the top 9 sucks

Carcillo and Lapperiere in the top 9 would be OK, but replace Nodl with a free agent
Exactly why I want to put all my scorers in the top 6 and sign a 3rd line center.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
HoverCarle*

Yeah but I'd be fine with our 6 scorers spread out aswell, you just have to spread the crap out aswell.

Gagne-Richards-Poop/UFA
Hartnell-Carter-Poop/UFA
Lappy-Giroux-Briere
Poop-Poop-Poop

Old
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah but I'd be fine with our 6 scorers spread out aswell, you just have to spread the crap out aswell.

Gagne-Richards-Poop/UFA
Hartnell-Carter-Poop/UFA
Lappy-Giroux-Briere
Poop-Poop-Poop
We dont even have poop to put in those top 6 winger spots at this point

Old
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Upshall wouldn't be back if we wanted him to. He is a 2nd liner in Phoenix and his stats improved the second he left due to PP time. Something we just cant off him.

He is too good for us to stash as a 7th forward.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
What about something like this? I think the chances of getting the winger are a lot higher than a center, based on Stevens' comments.

A.) Gagne - Giroux - Briere
B.) Hartnell - Carter - <UFA>
C.) Carcillo - Richards - iLap (I refuse to call him Lappy!)
D.) Powe - Kalinski - Asham

Something like this would give us 2 scoring lines, a solid 3rd line checking line that it capable of putting up points...and a 4th line energy line.

I know line A is small, but that's some good fire power and speed. We all know that Hartnell and Carter work well, perhaps that missing link is coming from UFA, with cap room saved from one of Jones/Carle? Line C, I know a lot Richards fans here including myself don't want him playing 'down there', but the Flyers roll 3 lines fairly evenly...I don't see ice time being an issue. Also, Richards has the knack of playing with anybody...and I think Carcillo will be much better this year than what we saw last. Line D, heh...not bad.

Personally, I don't care what salary is on what line...playing with who..as long as they have chemistry.

Thoughts?

Old
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
supa scoop

iLap. That is awesome.

I'm not so sure we'll see Richards with Carcillo and Lap for any stretch of time, but I guess you never know who will click. I think Giroux will be money with Gagne or Briere. Not sure how I feel about all of them on a line; Giroux and Gagne are certainly defensively responsible enough to make up for lack of size though. Hartnell with Carter I think is a lock.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Champ Anderson*

I dont see why anyone would think Nodl should be on this team in any role other than part time/call up. He needs more AHL seasoning. Kalinski would be a suitable 3rd liner. he looked pretty solid in the dozen games he played. I think if the flyers can move jones or carle, they will sign another 3rd line fwd. if not, they will look and see who stands out in TC.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Upshall wouldn't be back if we wanted him to. He is a 2nd liner in Phoenix and his stats improved the second he left due to PP time. Something we just cant off him.

He would be on the top two lines right now after moving Knuble and Lupul....Gagne Richards Upshall would be sweet

Old
07-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Talbetts

I've been looking at all of the typical forward line combinations and felt like looking into some more "creative" idea's. What are the thoughts of totally switching it up and trying something like this (assuming we could sign Larose very cheap):

hartnell- briere - giroux
gagne - carter - powe
carcillo - richards - larose
nodl - lappy - asham

or (without larose)

hartnell - carter - richards (rotating faceoffs)
gagne - briere - giroux (same)
carcillo - lappy - powe
maroon - kalinski - asham

I dont know. Just trying to think of different line ideas. Hmm, with Bonk?

gagne - carter - giroux
hartnell - richards - briere
powe - bonk - lappy
carcillo - matsumoto - asham

Old
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
mikedifr

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27272727 View Post
I've been looking at all of the typical forward line combinations and felt like looking into some more "creative" idea's. What are the thoughts of totally switching it up and trying something like this (assuming we could sign Larose very cheap):

hartnell- briere - giroux
gagne - carter - powe
carcillo - richards - larose
nodl - lappy - asham

or (without larose)

hartnell - carter - richards (rotating faceoffs)
gagne - briere - giroux (same)
carcillo - lappy - powe
maroon - kalinski - asham

I dont know. Just trying to think of different line ideas. Hmm, with Bonk?

gagne - carter - giroux
hartnell - richards - briere
powe - bonk - lappy
carcillo - matsumoto - asham
Actually, your first set up isnt too bad, I would just tweak slightly.....If Nodl is going to be in that lineup I would put him with Carcillo and Richards, sign a cheap winger to play with Carter and Hartnell and make Asham-Powe-Lappy the 4th line!!

Old
07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Mota

gagne-giroux-briere
hartnell-carter-jvr
nodl-richards-lappy
carcillo-powe-asham

timonen-parent
pronger-coburn

carle-jones
syvret

Emery
Boucher

Id like to see them replace jones, but i dont see it happening...

PP 1 - more of a finesse PP...pass the puck into the net kinda PP

gagne-giroux-briere
timonen-richards

PP 2 - More of basic point shots with traffic, crash the net kinda PP

Hartnell-Carter-JVR
Pronger-Coburn

Obviously, JVR would have to make the team if any of this is possible, and I am hoping he does. If not, then just sign the FA face off guy everyone wants and move richards to the first line and giroux where i have JVR.

I really like that though. It gives you a top scoring line with a lot of speed and skill. It gives you a second line with a lot of size and speed. It gives you a solid checking 3rd line, along with a killer energy 4th line. Not to mention the defense is just awesome. You have a potentially strong goalie duo, a similar PK to last year, and 2 stong PP units with different styles. This is a well balanced line up with a lot of speed, grit, skill, youth, veteran leader ship...should do really well.

Old
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Maybs Ilap is here to tutor Carcillo? Show him the ins and outs of fighting and most importantly when, while still contributing at both ends. Carcillo has talent and i'm sure he evolves into a good player here. That said is it possible to see him on the opposite wing of hartnell (hartnell - carter - carcillo) or does hartnell graduate to the top line like he should. (He prolly won't be throwing gloves/taking bad penalties if he has to report to Ritchie/Pronger) that option looks like this: (wingers interchangable)
gagne - Richards - hartnell (solid while tough)
Maroon -carter - carcillo (the point is to get carter the puck. maroon to cause traffic?)
ILap - Briere - giroux (Tough as nails and finesse scoring...cmon that has to give you goosebumps)
asham - powe - kalinski/FA
Maybe swap carcillo with ILap as long as carcillo plays solid d. Maroon a big if, and
so long Cote we hardly knew ya (wish he would have panned out/won a fight)

Old
07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

As of now I think it might look something like, hopefully Homer adds a RW...we need one.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-Lappy
Nodl-Ross-Asham

Timmonen-Coburn
Pronger-Carle
Parent-Jones (dear god, waive him!)

Emery
Boucher

Old
07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
As of now I think it might look something like, hopefully Homer adds a RW...we need one.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-Lappy
Nodl-Ross-Asham

Timmonen-Coburn
Pronger-Carle
Parent-Jones (dear god, waive him!)

Emery
Boucher
With what we currently have that is what I would do....However, I would like to swap Carle for a better 3rd line center and move Parent up.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
What about something like this? I think the chances of getting the winger are a lot higher than a center, based on Stevens' comments.

A.) Gagne - Giroux - Briere
B.) Hartnell - Carter - <UFA>
C.) Carcillo - Richards - iLap (I refuse to call him Lappy!)
D.) Powe - Kalinski - Asham

Something like this would give us 2 scoring lines, a solid 3rd line checking line that it capable of putting up points...and a 4th line energy line.

I know line A is small, but that's some good fire power and speed. We all know that Hartnell and Carter work well, perhaps that missing link is coming from UFA, with cap room saved from one of Jones/Carle? Line C, I know a lot Richards fans here including myself don't want him playing 'down there', but the Flyers roll 3 lines fairly evenly...I don't see ice time being an issue. Also, Richards has the knack of playing with anybody...and I think Carcillo will be much better this year than what we saw last. Line D, heh...not bad.

Personally, I don't care what salary is on what line...playing with who..as long as they have chemistry.

Thoughts?
I would really hate those lines with exception Carter and Hartnell and some UFA RW. Those lines are pure garbage imo

You play Richards with garbage but Giroux gets to play with Gagne and Briere. Giroux is as outstanding prospect but lets not get ahead of our self’s.

Closed Thread