HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville - Boston

Old
07-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Heaters not lazt*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
number 3 on the Predators does not = number 3 on most teams. Dan Hamhuis is a number 2 defenseman on most teams. A Chara\Hamhuis pairing would be very, very good.

And for crying out loud, he's UFA in a year. He makes 2.5 now, he'll likely make 4 or 4.5 on his next contract. It's not like you can't sign him long-term between now and then.
He's #3 in Boston as well.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:33 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If I'm Nashville, I'd offer Hamhuis + 1st in 2010.

Gives Boston the Dman they're searching for, plus at least 2.5 million in cap relief. Preds 1st in 2010 could be anywhere from #1-20.

BOS could probably sign Hamhuis to an extension ~4 million. His increase could be funded by the departure of Ward in 2010.

Preds would be very hesitant to add Kessel's price tag. They'd almost certainly have to move Erat, Legwand, or Dumont (although all three have NTC). Wilson-Kessel could be a nice pairing.
Is it really that hard to understand? BOSTON DOESN'T HAVE THE CAP ROOM TO EXTEND HAMHUIS UNLESS HE SIGNS AT THE SAME PRICE AS NOW. Which isn't going to happen. They have to sign Savard, Wheeler, Lucic and Rash next year with the first 3 due for large raises and Rask probably due for a smaller raise. With the cap already coming down.

A year of Hamhuis + a pick isn't enough for Kessel

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
He's #3 in Boston as well.
I don't agree that he'd be behind Wideman, but that's me.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Is it really that hard to understand? BOSTON DOESN'T HAVE THE CAP ROOM TO EXTEND HAMHUIS UNLESS HE SIGNS AT THE SAME PRICE AS NOW. Which isn't going to happen. They have to sign Savard, Wheeler, Lucic and Rash next year with the first 3 due for large raises and Rask probably due for a smaller raise. With the cap already coming down.

then what's all this "let's trade Kessel for Kaberle" talk?

Kaberle is ALREADY making more than what Hamhuis will likely get.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
dulzhok

Quote:

Yes, it is hard to understand.

Why were they trading for Kaberele with a cap hit of 4.25? Was he going to take a paycut of 2 million in 2010?

TYPING IN BIG WORDS MAKES MY POINT SEEM BETTER THAN IT IS.

Edit: Looks like barrytrotzneck already made the kaberle point. MAYBE DUPLICATE POSTS WILL EQUATE TO ALL CAP POSTS

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
then what's all this "let's trade Kessel for Kaberle" talk?

Kaberle is ALREADY making more than what Hamhuis will likely get.
1. Because Kaberle is better than Hamhuis, no matter how much Toronto fans overrate him.

2. He is locked up for 2 more years.

3. That trade would have only gone through if Boston got another HUGE asset in the 7th overall pick.

Old
07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
1. Because Kaberle is better than Hamhuis, no matter how much Toronto fans overrate him.

3. That trade would have only gone through if Boston got another HUGE asset in the 7th overall pick.
But you said Boston wouldn't do it because they didn't have the cap space for Hamhuis. Where did the cap space come from to accommodate Kaberele?

Boston has a ton of assets. They have already made it known they are willing to move Kessel for a defensive upgrade. They are going to have to make some decisions on how to make more cap room down the road, which may mean moving name(s) like Sturm, Rask, Bergeron, etc.

Old
07-07-2009, 05:14 PM
team_alex

Quote:

As someone who has watched a ton of Leafs games in the past few years, I have to disagree. I would take Hamhuis over Kabs. Kaberle may be a bigger name, but Hamhuis has that better breakout pass-type mentality which the Bruins need right now... for ~2 mil less. Albeit for one year less on the contract, which in my opinion is a big problem. If he can be extended in any way, I think Chia would be all over this.

team_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_alex View Post
As someone who has watched a ton of Leafs games in the past few years, I have to disagree. I would take Hamhuis over Kabs. Kaberle may be a bigger name, but Hamhuis has that better breakout pass-type mentality which the Bruins need right now... for ~2 mil less. Albeit for one year less on the contract, which in my opinion is a big problem. If he can be extended in any way, I think Chia would be all over this.
Perhaps more important is that Hamhuis is 6 years younger, just entering his prime. Kaberle's not old per say, but players become unpredictable in their 30's. But yeah, I think Boston only does it if they feel confident they can get Hamhuis signed to a reasonable extension (~4 million). Chara-Wideman-Hamhuis would be a solid core for the forseable future.

Last edited by dulzhok: 07-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_alex View Post
If we're talking value as a player, I believe Hamhuis has more value because he is cheaper and nearly as good. But I would take Kaberle's play over Hamhuis 7 times out of 10.

Old
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
switch Hamhuis and picks we dont need for Weber and we have a deal.
so you dont need alot of 1st's i assume?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 08:30 PM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:

Wait, I'm confused. Who is being rash?

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote