HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs-Devils

Old
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

vCash: 500
as a habs fan No unless they can work something better out

EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Since when has Travis Zajac become this eventual stud? He's a pretty good young player but his ceiling is around 65 pts. (at least thats what I've seen from watching so many Devil games). To put it in more understadable terms.....Zajac's ceiling is Gomez from last year.

The proposed trade seems rather lopsided towards the Devils. It would be a dumb trade for the Canadiens.
zajac would be the 3rd best player on your team if he played for the rangers

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
D'Agostini scored 14 goals and 25 points in 20 games in the AHL last season before being called up. When he was called up to the Habs, he scored 12 goals in 53 games, while playing at least 1/3 of those games with grinders as well as having very little PP time.

If you do that average for the season, he was on pace for 19-goals over a full year as a 22-year old rookie in the NHL.

I feel, on a scoring line all years, with some PP time that D'Ago has the potential to score 35+ a year. However, he needs tremendous work in the defensive zone. It's not that he's lazy, its just his positioning seems off, so hopefully Martin will help assist him.
We have a guy like that already, his name is David Clarkson, he also fights pretty well too. Guess what? he played on the 4th line with those said grinders.

It is true that the fan base of both teams like to overvalue their players, but in comparison, this trade would be in Montreal's favor. Hamrik would barely break into the lineup playing on the 3rd line. Most people underrate the Devils defense but they are the reason why Clemmenson looked so good last season.

As another poster has said, we don't need these players, we need a 1st line center in Zajac, and another 2nd line center to play with Elias and Rolston. Zubrus would make a good 3rd line center with Pandolfo and Shanahan, and we have Pelley, the new guy, and clarkson on the 4th line. So this trade wouldn't satisfy our needs at all.

MoonDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 08:42 PM
mj2sexay

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Yes giving up a 45-50 point per year guy in plec, and young kid in dags, and a solid stable defencemen in hammer (#2-3 guy) is really worth Zajac and his amazing 42, 34, and 62 point totals from the last 3 years. Am I really an idiot for thinking that trade would be a complete joke? Parise really would be the only thing close to a resonable trade and even still I would let you keep him. Our defence would be worse, our depth would be worse. We would be worse. Sadly I don't see how a guy averaging 46 points a year in zajac is better then even plek's who is averaging 52 points during the same time.
Is this guy serious? I'm hopefully assuming another devils fan got on him for this but...
A. I wouldn't do this for Zajac. Hamerlik is about 82 years old with a poo contract. I'd rather give Corrente a shot then pay ANYTHING for Hamerlik.
B. You then go on to say you wouldn't do this for Parise. So I guess you don't like 24 year old wingers coming off of a 94 point season. Get this straight pal. Aside from Ovie, there isn't a winger in the world I would rather have then Parise. Not only would you do this for Parise but Bob Gainey would go from idiot to genius in a matter of seconds.

mj2sexay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
travtrav sucks

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Since when has Travis Zajac become this eventual stud? He's a pretty good young player but his ceiling is around 65 pts. (at least thats what I've seen from watching so many Devil games). To put it in more understadable terms.....Zajac's ceiling is Gomez from last year.

The proposed trade seems rather lopsided towards the Devils. It would be a dumb trade for the Canadiens.
wait wait wait, so his ceiling is 65 pts.....you are saying he almost reached his ceiling last year in his 3rd year????

oooook, might want to think that one through

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
wait wait wait, so his ceiling is 65 pts.....you are saying he almost reached his ceiling last year in his 3rd year????

oooook, might want to think that one through
dood dont bother

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
canucks9314

I think Montreal will pass as he exceeds there height and weight maximum...

all jking aside

Devils do get killed in this trade

canucks9314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
canucks9314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2sexay View Post
Is this guy serious? I'm hopefully assuming another devils fan got on him for this but...
A. I wouldn't do this for Zajac. Hamerlik is about 82 years old with a poo contract. I'd rather give Corrente a shot then pay ANYTHING for Hamerlik.
B. You then go on to say you wouldn't do this for Parise. So I guess you don't like 24 year old wingers coming off of a 94 point season. Get this straight pal. Aside from Ovie, there isn't a winger in the world I would rather have then Parise. Not only would you do this for Parise but Bob Gainey would go from idiot to genius in a matter of seconds.
What he said is exactly true

canucks9314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Missionhockey

The most laughable part about this thread is that one poster said they wouldn't do that package for Parise. Parise is more valueable then anyone on that team and Lamoriello would laugh in Gainey's face if he presented that package for Zach.

However, Zajac is getting overrated. I don't believe he's peaked yet, but he probably isn't worth that package on talent alone. The only problem is that the Devils have no depth at center. Plekanec is coming off a down year and there is no guarantee he bounces back. Hamerlik was a good player, but I haven't watched him play consistently lately. Eitherway, the Devils are moving into a younger, cheaper direction. The direct opposite would be acquiring Hamerlik.

Simply put, this trade does not make the Devils better, and thats the bottom line.

Missionhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey View Post
The most laughable part about this thread is that one poster said they wouldn't do that package for Parise. Parise is more valueable then anyone on that team and Lamoriello would laugh in Gainey's face if he presented that package for Zach.

However, Zajac is getting overrated. I don't believe he's peaked yet, but he probably isn't worth that package on talent alone. The only problem is that the Devils have no depth at center. Plekanec is coming off a down year and there is no guarantee he bounces back. Hamerlik was a good player, but I haven't watched him play consistently lately. Eitherway, the Devils are moving into a younger, cheaper direction. The direct opposite would be acquiring Hamerlik.

Simply put, this trade does not make the Devils better, and thats the bottom line.
He's worth the package due to Hamrlik (and his atrosious salary) being included.

If Zajac really wants out of Jersey, I wouldn't mind making a trade with Montreal. I like Plekanec, and D'agostini seems promising enough. I wouldn't want to touch Hammer's salary though.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:11 PM
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils13 View Post
zajac would be the 3rd best player on your team if he played for the rangers
you mean 4th best right. you forgot to include dubinsky there

btw i can't think of the 2nd player on the rangers that's better than him. He would probably be the rangers 2nd best player.(goalie not included).

marty30brodeur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
emb24*

Quote:

Eitherway, the Devils are moving into a younger, cheaper direction. The direct opposite would be acquiring Hamerlik.
isn't 36 year old rolston signed for 4 more years at 5 mill+ per?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Rugs by Resch

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
isn't 36 year old rolston signed for 4 more years at 5 mill+ per?
Thanks for the dumb post, have a great day.

Rugs by Resch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 12:36 AM
marty30brodeur*

doesn't rolston only have a 3 yrs left not 4.

marty30brodeur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:23 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Zajac is the most untouchable Devil after Parise, I'd have to think.

No chance he gets moved for anything less than a king's ransom.
Actually, Paul Martin is the most important player on the team. More important even than Parise, despite not being as exceptional. Martin holds our defense together and when he's out, it gets ugly very quickly. He's a top 10-20 defenseman in the league despite not putting up sexy numbers (unless you look at the behindthenet numbers) or being incredibly noticeable. If Parise missed 40 games this year, we would've still made the playoffs. If Martin missed 40 games, it would've been close.

Anyways, Zajac is a player who is still developing his game and his confidence, and yet he is already a very good, borderline great two-way center, although right now the most impressive thing about him is his defensive ability at his age. I think it'd take a little more than the OP's offer, and it would definitely help if Hamrlik's contract was not the way it is.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Some serious homerism from both sides here... but I guess that's what you get when Pleks' actual value is up in the air after a poor season last year. It's probably why he's currently going to arbitration. If he had produced just as well as the year before this proposal would be laughed at. So, the Habs would definitely say no because he's young and the potential is obviously there. There is also the fact that this would cripple our already unappealing defense .

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Actually, Paul Martin is the most important player on the team. More important even than Parise, despite not being as exceptional. Martin holds our defense together and when he's out, it gets ugly very quickly. He's a top 10-20 defenseman in the league despite not putting up sexy numbers (unless you look at the behindthenet numbers) or being incredibly noticeable. If Parise missed 40 games this year, we would've still made the playoffs. If Martin missed 40 games, it would've been close.

Anyways, Zajac is a player who is still developing his game and his confidence, and yet he is already a very good, borderline great two-way center, although right now the most impressive thing about him is his defensive ability at his age. I think it'd take a little more than the OP's offer, and it would definitely help if Hamrlik's contract was not the way it is.
I don't know about that. We have depth offensively, but Parise was still the engine. With out Parise we miss the playoffs with out a doubt.

Missionhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:59 AM
FrankieDevils

id rather have zajac..are u serious? lol

FrankieDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

As a Devils fan I say no.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
I don't know about that. We have depth offensively, but Parise was still the engine. With out Parise we miss the playoffs with out a doubt.
Without Parise, we barely miss the playoffs. Without Martin, we never get close.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Rugs by Resch

This trade doesnt make sense. I wouldn't even do it from a value standpoint. How does this help our team at all?

Rugs by Resch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Am I really an idiot for thinking that trade would be a complete joke?
You really, really are.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Yitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKREDTHAKILLA View Post
ur an idiot

to get zach parise its gonna take ur whole team

so forget about it

and zajac is better than all 3 of those players combined
it's so hard to respect someone's opinion when they type like that, but you're right

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote