HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks sign Todd Marchant

Old
07-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Another great job by Murray

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 06:35 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Phew! I'm glad we resigned him. He's one of the players who I feel totally comfortable with in the post-season. I'm stoked he's coming back.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
regulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
Just shows there are still some guys not all about the money (I'm sure someone could have beat that, but he wanted to remain a Duck).
Not likely any other team was interested. He is 35 years old, scored 5 goals in 72 games, and is an average face off man (50%). Probably better than being unemployed.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Not likely any other team was interested. He is 35 years old, scored 5 goals in 72 games, and is an average face off man (50%). Probably better than being unemployed.
You didn't watch the Ducks in the playoffs, did you?

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
detredWINgs

Ahh, and finally that horrid contract disappears.

Good signing by the Ducks. He was nothing but trouble for the Wings in the post-season. And the neighborhood of 1-1.5 is precisely what hes worth.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
You didn't watch the Ducks in the playoffs, did you?
Obviously not. Marchant worked really hard in the post season and I bet everyone remembers that triple overtime GWG. Really nice signing though. I was really hoping he would come back home and play for the Sabres.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Varius

Quote:
Aside from his playoff resume (not just this past playoffs either; he steps it up every year), he's an excellent PKer, has speed and can fill in temporarily at any forward position when need be without looking too out of place. I'd say other teams would be interested in him.

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Not that you're really interested, but...

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...20in%20English

Quote:
"We had contacted the Ducks prior to July 1 to see if there was interest in re-signing me and they had shown interest in doing so, but the terms were a little bit of an issue for both sides. July 1 came and went and we were entertaining offers from other teams. We had several that were willing to offer two years and that’s when we went back to the Ducks and asked for the same thing. I had expressed that Anaheim was my first choice and where I wanted to be. Once we could agree on a two-year contract, it was a simple process and we got the deal done pretty quickly.

My wife and I are please to be a part of the Ducks family again for another two years. Hopefully I can be a part of helping this team to get back to where it wants to be.

We certainly had discussed leaving, my wife and I and my agent. It was pretty close, to be honest. I maintained all along that Anaheim was my first choice."

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote