HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-st.louis

Old
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
MisterT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
At the end of the day, Kessel's value is higher than Pietrangelo's. Petro's past year in junior was just 'ok'.

Well, in the cap world a stud defenseman prospect on an entry level contract is worth more than an RFA winger that has 126 points in 222 games.

I'm not a fan of either team, but in order for St. Louis to even consider this, then McCrae is out of the deal and Boston would have to add a prospect or a pick.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Well, in the cap world a stud defenseman prospect on an entry level contract is worth more than an RFA winger that has 126 points in 222 games.

I'm not a fan of either team, but in order for St. Louis to even consider this, then McCrae is out of the deal and Boston would have to add a prospect or a pick.
LMAO that is ridiculous.
1. We have absolutely no idea what Kessel's cap hit is going to be.

2. How the hell can a guy who has played all of 8 freaking games in the NHL have more value then a guy coming off 36 goals and his best season yet as a 21 year old? I don't care what his cap hit is.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:42 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
LMAO that is ridiculous.
1. We have absolutely no idea what Kessel's cap hit is going to be.

2. How the hell can a guy who has played all of 8 freaking games in the NHL have more value then a guy coming off 36 goals and his best season yet as a 21 year old? I don't care what his cap hit is.
It's pretty simple. The Blues biggest issue is high end puck moving talent from the defense. Pietrangelo fits that need perfectly Kessel does not. Value to a team is not always indicative to open market trade value.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
It's pretty simple. The Blues biggest issue is high end puck moving talent from the defense. Pietrangelo fits that need perfectly Kessel does not. Value to a team is not always indicative to open market trade value.
I love how people just read the last post in a thread and comment. I don't know how many times I have concluded the EXACT same thing in this damn thread.

Old
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
I love how people just read the last post in a thread and comment. I don't know how many times I have concluded the EXACT same thing in this damn thread.
Why did you even ask the question if you knew the answer? Was I supposed to predict a post from the future and respond to that?

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Why did you even ask the question if you knew the answer? Was I supposed to predict a post from the future and respond to that?
I do know the answer to my question. Kessel has a bunch more value than Pietrangelo which is why the inclusion of McRae in the first post makes the value somewhat fair.

However the Blues like their prospect so they won't make the trade. Pretty simple.

Old
07-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Bluester

Quote:
I do know the answer to my question. Kessel has a bunch more value than Pietrangelo which is why the inclusion of McRae in the first post makes the value somewhat fair.

However the Blues like their prospect so they won't make the trade. Pretty simple.
I think Kessel gets minimum Boyes money. Which is 4M, however he might be looking for a lil more. I don't know. To solve the problem we could just give him a offer sheet. However I myself, not to mention alot of other blues fans, don't want to start handing out offer sheets because of the amount RFA we're going to have coming up.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote