HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
  #26
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 875
Why would Ottawa do this?

- Giguere lost his job to Hiller and Elliot is a cheap cap hit prospect not worth trading, IMO.
- Anaheim doesn't own Philly's 3rd.
- 10M on goalies, both with some question marks.


This proposal really stinks.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
  #27
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
no - because we are over the cap; otherwise yes. it is all about the cap.
This answer tell me all I need to know and that there's no point debating with you.

For the record, Ottawa is also over the cap. Meaning that 4.5M we "free up" is really only 2.5-3.5M. Hello Tanguay? More like hello Brendan Morrison.

PS - I like how it's all about the cap, so we trade a potential future starting goalie making under 1M. Brilliant.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:21 PM
  #28
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
This answer tell me all I need to know and that there's no point debating with you.

For the record, Ottawa is also over the cap. Meaning that 4.5M we "free up" is really only 2.5-3.5M. Hello Tanguay? More like hello Brendan Morrison.

PS - I like how it's all about the cap, so we trade a potential future starting goalie making under 1M. Brilliant.
and unload Jason Smith`s contract.....this is selective reasoning. Look at the entire picture.

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
  #29
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
and unload Jason Smith`s contract.....this is selective reasoning. Look at the entire picture.
Ok, ignore EVERYTHING ELSE.

Explain to me how Ottawa paying 10M for goalies, when they have two potential starters for under 5M is in any way efficient use of cap space?

Cap space is everything after all... even if by having it, your hockey team has gaping holes in it.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
  #30
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 13,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
and unload Jason Smith`s contract.....this is selective reasoning. Look at the entire picture
The entire picture is that the Ducks would not be interested for various very definite reasons I explained earlier in the thread. No need to even argue about the pros and cons from the Senators' point of view. (Although as a Sens fan I would probably agree that this is not the kind of deal they should be looking at.)

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:24 PM
  #31
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
The entire picture is that the Ducks would not be interested for various very definite reasons I explained earlier in the thread. No need to even argue about the pros and cons from the Senators' point of view. (Although as a Sens fan I would probably agree that this is not the kind of deal they should be looking at.)
The guy said he would trade Getzlaf+Hiller for Leclaire+prospect/picks if it freed up cap space... He can't be reasoned with.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
  #32
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Ok, ignore EVERYTHING ELSE.

Explain to me how Ottawa paying 10M for goalies, when they have two potential starters for under 5M is in any way efficient use of cap space?

Cap space is everything after all... even if by having it, your hockey team has gaping holes in it.
it is efficient if it allows us to get rid of Heatley for 1. dumping the salary of Smith 2. Getting a high end D prospect 3. getting speedster Ebbet at .5 Million per year (talk about efficient) and 4. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. and 5. improve our goaltending and 6 - sign a free agent for 4.5 million and 7......

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
  #33
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 13,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
The guy said he would trade Getzlaf+Hiller for Leclaire+prospect/picks if it freed up cap space... He can't be reasoned with.
Oh, okay.
Thanks for putting me on the same page so that I will know everything I need before wasting my nighttime on further replies.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
  #34
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
it is efficient if it allows us to get rid of Heatley for 1. dumping the salary of Smith 2. Getting a high end D prospect 3. getting speedster Ebbet at .5 Million per year (talk about efficient) and 4. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. and 5. improve our goaltending and 6 - sign a free agent for 4.5 million and 7......
You're a Senators fan!?

I should have known from your username I guess, but wow.

Then, as a Sens fan you should understand that we don't need our cash tied up in goalies and we don't need to increase the logjam at D.

I know they just traded for him, but I'd rather take Lupul+Ebbett because it addresses our needs way more. Wow.

1. Can be done other ways, I don't like the trade off of 2.6M for 1 year for 6M for 2 years for a backup goalie.

2. We have many already. Let's find a team with a nice forward prospect like Columbus.

3. Yeah, that's nice... I wouldn't pay my backup goalie 6M to make it happen though. And it certainly isn't worth trading Heatley for.

4. Picks would be nicer if we were rebuilding (and they all belonged to the Ducks)

5. Improving our goaltending at the cost of 6M while potential getting rid of an equal or near-equal improvement at 1M is ridiculous.

6. That's all well and nice but if we just traded Heatley for forwards (read: even Penner) we would be better off than we would be after this trade.

I'd seriously rather acquire Smid+Cogs+Penner+2M cap space than this package.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
  #35
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Oh, okay.
Thanks for putting me on the same page so that I will know everything I need before wasting my nighttime on further replies.
no - the point is that cap space (spending wisely) is more important than these 10 dimes for 4 quarters trades.

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:41 PM
  #36
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
no - the point is that cap space (spending wisely) is more important than these 10 dimes for 4 quarters trades.
Yet you refuse to answer my question of how wasting 10M on goalies is "spending wisely".

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
  #37
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 13,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
The guy said he would trade Getzlaf+Hiller for Leclaire+prospect/picks if it freed up cap space... He can't be reasoned with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
no - the point is that cap space (spending wisely) is more important than these 10 dimes for 4 quarters trades.
Well, did or didn't you say you would do that alleged deal...?

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
  #38
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Yet you refuse to answer my question of how wasting 10M on goalies is "spending wisely".
When you have a chance to have rhyming goalies, you take it.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
  #39
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
You're a Senators fan!?

I should have known from your username I guess, but wow.

Then, as a Sens fan you should understand that we don't need our cash tied up in goalies and we don't need to increase the logjam at D.

I know they just traded for him, but I'd rather take Lupul+Ebbett because it addresses our needs way more. Wow.

1. Can be done other ways, I don't like the trade off of 2.6M for 1 year for 6M for 2 years for a backup goalie.

2. We have many already. Let's find a team with a nice forward prospect like Columbus.

3. Yeah, that's nice... I wouldn't pay my backup goalie 6M to make it happen though. And it certainly isn't worth trading Heatley for.

4. Picks would be nicer if we were rebuilding (and they all belonged to the Ducks)

5. Improving our goaltending at the cost of 6M while potential getting rid of an equal or near-equal improvement at 1M is ridiculous.

6. That's all well and nice but if we just traded Heatley for forwards (read: even Penner) we would be better off than we would be after this trade.

I'd seriously rather acquire Smid+Cogs+Penner+2M cap space than this package.
these are all valid points - good fun - have a good night

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
  #40
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
When you have a chance to have rhyming goalies, you take it.
I guess I'm just not one to appreciate this sort of wondrous harmony.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
  #41
Sulayman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
As I've said before on this poster's previous proposals: this man does not represent us.

Sulayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
  #42
Vincent_TheGreat
Registered User
 
Vincent_TheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,128
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
To Anaheim
LW Dany Heatley ($7.5 Mill cap hit)
D Jason Smith ($2.6 Mill)
G Brian Elliot (.942 cap hit in 08-09)

To Ottawa
G J.S. Giguere ($6 Mill)
C Andrew Ebbett ($.487 Mill)
D Jake Gardiner (Hockey`s Future 38th top prospect in NHL)
- Flyers 1st round pick 2010 (via Pronger trade)
- Anaheim`s 2nd round pick 2010
- Flyers 3rd round pick 2010 (via Pronger trade)

Note: I Know that the Sens have Pascal Leclaire but what is wrong with having a 1a and 1b goalie tandem. Yes Ottawa ends up spending a little less than $10 Million on goalies but after this trade their overall cap number would actually fall by about $4.5 million.
No good for Anaheim

Vincent_TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 01:21 AM
  #43
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Monaco
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 1000
If i was Bryan Murray, you'd have to put a gun to my head for me to make that deal...

I wouldn't even trade Elliott and Smith for Giguere (too expensive)... It would be a major help for Anaheim and how do they help us back?

Heatley for Ebbett + 1st + 2nd + 3rd ? No thx

Give me the Edmonton deal anytime before this

PS : we already have Shannon, don't need another midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat View Post
No good for Anaheim
Ok i have to leave this board. I don't get the rationale around here (well the lack of)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.