HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn bust???

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Bud The Spud*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
this thread reminds me why we have the worst and best fans in the world.
Yeah, same here. I think people need to give the guy a chance.

Old
10-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Its inevitable to have people talk this way. Habs fans are notoriously fickle. If a player does well then he's expected to do better if he goes in a slump real or imagine then he sucks and must be traded for some player that will do so much better. Personally I think its stupid to always bash players. Theo, Koivu, Kovy, Zednik & Ribero have all been bashed ad-nauseum blamed for everything and have had calls to trade them. I could just imagine if Montreal ever got crosby he'd be bashed if he didn't get fifty goals in fifty game in his first season. Personally I try to avoid even listening to those guys. They'll never be happy and always will find something wrong with a player no matter what his skill or position within the team.

Old
10-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Habs4ever

Well I wouldn't even care if he was just expected to be NHL'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Habs4ever.. it looks to me that you're trying to prove that he IS a bust. Now, why would you do that just 1 year after he was drafted, and why would you do that if you're a habs fan? Maybe if he would've had the time to prove himself I'd understand.. but not right now. It's beyond me.

Sure, he could be a bust in a few years.. but right now he didn't show any signs of being a possible bust.
but that he is not, from all the things I read on him and seen his progress so far, from all fan base he is pegged as future flashy franchise player or bust, and I know everyone is high on him and everything, but now is the time for him to showcase his dominance or I don't see him more then top six forward calibre!!

If you want go back to my previous post I don't post often but when I do its after very long though, two years ago lot of people wanted to get rid of Markov but I stuck by him, and i've also defended Bulis on several occasions before fans started to respect his game!!

I know we are not supposed to judge before five years, but this is boom or bust pick, and if AK doesn't pickup soon, other prospects will take over on depth chart.

It isn't Russia anymore where he had excuse of getting mistreated, and no other prospect to compare to here he is competing against his peer prospects, where he'll have to climb depth chart. Fans assume he is already better then many of Hamilton prospects but he'll have to start from beggining getting better performance then Milroy, Locke first and then going on to compete with big boys like higgins, Plekanec, Ward, and if he doesn't then it will be repeat of last year, where he couldn't play in big league and then sent down to lower league to improve his game!!

Old
10-23-2004, 08:09 AM
goalchenyuk

who said he will be a franchise player or a bust ?

from what i 've read , he's a really skilled player with a health issue.The russian scout of the team said about him ,that he was kind of Perezhogin player with a little bit more talent but less fire .He also said that he was one of the best player of this year draft ...

Pierre Gauthier who saw him this year in the juniors tournement , said that he was having the most weapon arsenal of shots he have seen from a junior player...

i think that the '' franchise ''word came here by the way fans have interpreted the comments they 've read about him, especially from the Red Line general scout who said that for for him , Kasts was the first choice of that draft ...

the words '' franchise player '' were use a lot of time in the past ,not to say each season , to described the expectation about a draftee .But at the end , how many in the entire league could receive this name ? from me , i considere that may be 15-20 players are franchise players.A lot of players are really good and skilled but don't possess the little extra that need a player to be a star franchise player ...

So , may be you have to put your expectation a little bit lower and just expect a first or a really good second liner...

sorry for my bad english !

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 10-23-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old
10-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
but that he is not, from all the things I read on him and seen his progress so far, from all fan base he is pegged as future flashy franchise player or bust, and I know everyone is high on him and everything, but now is the time for him to showcase his dominance or I don't see him more then top six forward calibre!!

If you want go back to my previous post I don't post often but when I do its after very long though, two years ago lot of people wanted to get rid of Markov but I stuck by him, and i've also defended Bulis on several occasions before fans started to respect his game!!

I know we are not supposed to judge before five years, but this is boom or bust pick, and if AK doesn't pickup soon, other prospects will take over on depth chart.

It isn't Russia anymore where he had excuse of getting mistreated, and no other prospect to compare to here he is competing against his peer prospects, where he'll have to climb depth chart. Fans assume he is already better then many of Hamilton prospects but he'll have to start from beggining getting better performance then Milroy, Locke first and then going on to compete with big boys like higgins, Plekanec, Ward, and if he doesn't then it will be repeat of last year, where he couldn't play in big league and then sent down to lower league to improve his game!!
Agreed, this isn't Russia. This is the AHL which is an instructional league to a certain extent. From what I understand, Jarvis is teaching him one on one to play a two-way game properly and the young man is, no doubt, going through massive culture shock. It can't be easy for him right now. Aren't you being little impatient?

Let him play half a season before getting on his case. Have you seen him play btw?

Closed Thread