HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The RRs win again and Greenville loses

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2004, 02:11 AM
aspin

vCash: 500
The RRs win again and Greenville loses

A former teammate in Columbus (Kenton Smith) kills them.

http://www.grrrowl.com/press_releases.php?pr_id=632

Old
10-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Holly Gunning

Kenton Smith didn't kill them, they killed themselves with defensive breakdowns. The game felt a lot closer than the score, or shot totals actually. Up and down action, a great game.

Caron played with Cullen and Hessler. Smith with Metcalfe. Smith had a really rough go of it. On just one shift, he was the main guy back and fell turning around, then when the puck dropped again what should have been his guy (Kenton Smith) scored from about 5 feet right in front of Morrison. Ouch. Later he was standing still and gave up a breakaway (again to Kenton). The rest of his night was no better.

On another of the goals, either Gusev or Balan's man scored in the slot as well. The good news is that their problem (defensive lapses in front) is easily pinpointed, so they should be able to correct it quickly. I got there a little late and didn't catch the first Charlotte goal. The Grrrowl went with only 16 skaters so they had a short bench (indeed no Plourde, St. Pierre or Micka).

The release says Kojevnikov's shot sailed wide of the net. Wide my ass, that was a pass not a shot, and a great one at that. Speaking of great passes, Kojevnikov had one he made in the neutral zone to which I literally exclaimed "oh my god". It was through traffic to a covered guy, a pass that most people wouldn't even attempt, much less execute to precision. He's a magician with the puck and a treat to watch. I don't think he'll be in Greenville long so I'll try to enjoy watching him while I can.

Crowd of 5418 (average) and one of the funniest intermission entertainments I've ever seen, right up there with sumo hockey. Their website doesn't do them justice, but you can check them out at ZOOperstars.com.

Last edited by Holly Gunning: 10-23-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old
10-23-2004, 09:37 AM
oilersboy

The RR are in first place in the league!

Here is a little game recap on yesterday RR game
http://www.moosehockey.com/2004-05/041022/recap.php

Last edited by oilersboy: 10-23-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old
10-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Boozers

I hope the RR keep it up

Closed Thread