HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Juraj Mikus Signs with the Kings (See Post #31)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2009, 02:18 AM
  #1
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Juraj Mikus Signs with the Kings (See Post #31)

I didn´t seen it posted here anywhere, but appearently the Kings have invited unsigned former Habs draftee forward Juraj Mikus to their development camp although he´s not listed on the Kings website. But yeah anyway, he´s the guy who´s been ripping the Slovak league alongisde Ziggy Palffy this last two years. If he doesn´t make the Kings, Kings have recommended him to play in Finland next year for TPS Turkur as a former Kings scout works for this team.

Just some info on him:

DOB:22nd of February 1987
Age:22
Team: HK 36 Skalica
Height:187/6´2
Weight:91 kg/201 lbs
Shoots: right

Stats (PO´s are included) :
2007/2008:
67GP 29G 27A 56P +54 88PIM

2008/2009
73GP 38G 75A 113P +80 70PIM

Some video http://www.ta3.com/sk/reportaze/1151...an-skalica-6-8
He´s No. 71 in white jersey and yeah No.24 that really is Ziggy Palffy and he still is alive.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:50 AM
  #2
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,167
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sign Ziggy and put him on the third line instead.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:56 AM
  #3
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sign Ziggy and put him on the third line instead.
Nice try, but Ziggy isn´t going anywhere, even to Russia for the big money.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:58 AM
  #4
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
+80 ??? That's redonkulous!

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:59 AM
  #5
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
+80 ??? That's redonkulous!
Well, with 113 points.

Btw Palffy was +100.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:14 AM
  #6
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Looks like a very good pick-up!

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:57 AM
  #7
kynen
Registered User
 
kynen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Finland
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
TPS themselves are reporting that it's a done deal that Mikus is going to play for them.

[Finnish] http://hc.tps.fi/index.php?page=c383...4f8d0cf5a020e7

I hope he makes the Kings team just to annoy my TPS supporting friend!

kynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
  #8
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynen View Post
TPS themselves are reporting that it's a done deal that Mikus is going to play for them.

[Finnish] http://hc.tps.fi/index.php?page=c383...4f8d0cf5a020e7

I hope he makes the Kings team just to annoy my TPS supporting friend!
I hope he makes the team, seems like a solid dude.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
  #9
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
Juraj Mikus

I went to eliteprospects.com and found that a player named Juraj Mikus was rummored to be coming to the Kings. everything I have looked up seems to point to him being Toronto property. I dont speak the language of the link nor have I heard of the paper associated but I thought maybe someone else may know the story on this guy. I am attaching the link of the rumor of him coming to LA and the HF profile on him.

Rumor

Profile

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
  #10
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
I went to eliteprospects.com and found that a player named Juraj Mikus was rummored to be coming to the Kings. everything I have looked up seems to point to him being Toronto property. I dont speak the language of the link nor have I heard of the paper associated but I thought maybe someone else may know the story on this guy. I am attaching the link of the rumor of him coming to LA and the HF profile on him.

Rumor

Profile
Just to point something out before anybody gets confused:

There actually are two Juraj Mikus´.

The first one actually is an 88´ born D-man, who is Leafs property.

The other one, that was invited to Kings camp is the 87´ born foward who was drafted by Habs in 2005, but they never signed him.

Oh yeah, and yours Mikus is way better than the Toronto one.

Also it is not a rumour it is a fact as there are numeruos Slovak sources including the linked article that confirm this with quotes from Mikus himself.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM
  #11
kingscup
MBML
 
kingscup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kingscup
I am hoping for a pleasant surprise, I hope he has the goods to make the team, then we can have him as collateral to lure Palffy back!!!

kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
  #12
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post

Also it is not a rumour it is a fact as there are numeruos Slovak sources including the linked article that confirm this with quotes from Mikus himself.

It's official since it's on the HK 36 Skalica webpage:
http://www.hk36skalica.sk/index.php?...anok&cislo=739

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
  #13
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 500
Man Ziggy still has the moves!!!
Hopefully if he sees his bud coming to the kings he would follow him and play for us!!

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Palffy-Handzus-Mikus
Ivanans-Richardson-Simmonds

What position does Mikus play?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
  #14
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
I am hoping for a pleasant surprise, I hope he has the goods to make the team, then we can have him as collateral to lure Palffy back!!!
Sorry, buddy, but Zigo is done with the NHL. Even the big money didn´t lure him to (Bela)Russia, he´s not going anywhere.....

EDIT: And oh yeah, Mikus doesn´t even have Palffy´s cell phone number, so I don´t think he´d be the right guy to lure him

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
  #15
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
Man Ziggy still has the moves!!!
Hopefully if he sees his bud coming to the kings he would follow him and play for us!!

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Palffy-Handzus-Mikus
Ivanans-Richardson-Simmonds

What position does Mikus play?
He played center in Skalica, but I believe he was originally a winger and only changed to center because of Palffy.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
  #16
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,081
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
J
Oh yeah, and yours Mikus is way better than the Toronto one.
Suck it Toronto!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
  #17
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Just to point something out before anybody gets confused:

There actually are two Juraj Mikus´.

The first one actually is an 88´ born D-man, who is Leafs property.

The other one, that was invited to Kings camp is the 87´ born foward who was drafted by Habs in 2005, but they never signed him.

Oh yeah, and yours Mikus is way better than the Toronto one.

Also it is not a rumour it is a fact as there are numeruos Slovak sources including the linked article that confirm this with quotes from Mikus himself.
Is Juraj Mikus the Slovak version of Mike Smith?

Thanks for the clarrification slovakiaforever!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:16 PM
  #18
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
ISS seemed to love him. Maybe the Kings euro scouts have found a nugget.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...005_nhl_draft/

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
  #19
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
Here's hoping he can bring his game over to the NHL. Kings could use another scorer and it would be a huge plus to pick up a guy out of nowhere.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
  #20
Mike The Franchise
Registered User
 
Mike The Franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Oh man it would be sick to watch Kopitar and Mikus play together...one can only dream

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 02:40 AM
  #21
regulate
Registered User
 
regulate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Pipe dream, but if he somehow comes into training camp and blows everyone away with his skills, maybe he centers the 2nd line, then we can move Stoll to the 3rd line with Zues on LW like we did sometimes last year. We definitely need a 2nd line center who can dish the puck better. Not likely, but who knows until the staff gets a first hand look.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:31 AM
  #22
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Just some more info about Mikus, thought its only stats:

Lead the 07 WJC's with 5 goals in 6 games.

Played in the 06 WJC's (would have been the one after his draft year)

Was point per game in his rookie season in the QMJHL (which was 2nd best on the team)

Since going back to Slovakia (he only played one year in the Canadian junior leagues), he has represented the Slovakian national team in both world championships, garnering 1 assist in 8 games. Still impressive for a 21 year old to make the team I would say, especially at center.

I can't say, because I have never seen him, and never heard of him before this thread, but, he seems to step up his play int he playoffs. For example, after posting only 11 points in 47 games in his inaugural Extraliga season (when he was only 18), he put up 3 points and a +2 rating, as well as 14 penalty minutes in 7 playoff games.

In the season prior to the most recent one, he was just a bit under point per game in the Extraliga (good for 4th on the team, and the only significant scorer under the age of 27 on his team), and the had a point per game playoff.

This most recent season, from the looks of it, he stole the #1 center position from a Richard Hartmann, and proceeded to light the Extraliga up with Palffy, scoring an impressive 90 points, second on the team only to Palffy's 99 points.

Just looking at his statistics, the kid looks really promising. Hopefully he joins the Kings organization in some way.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
  #23
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Just some more info about Mikus, thought its only stats:

Lead the 07 WJC's with 5 goals in 6 games.

Played in the 06 WJC's (would have been the one after his draft year)

Was point per game in his rookie season in the QMJHL (which was 2nd best on the team)

Since going back to Slovakia (he only played one year in the Canadian junior leagues), he has represented the Slovakian national team in both world championships, garnering 1 assist in 8 games. Still impressive for a 21 year old to make the team I would say, especially at center.

I can't say, because I have never seen him, and never heard of him before this thread, but, he seems to step up his play int he playoffs. For example, after posting only 11 points in 47 games in his inaugural Extraliga season (when he was only 18), he put up 3 points and a +2 rating, as well as 14 penalty minutes in 7 playoff games.

In the season prior to the most recent one, he was just a bit under point per game in the Extraliga (good for 4th on the team, and the only significant scorer under the age of 27 on his team), and the had a point per game playoff.

This most recent season, from the looks of it, he stole the #1 center position from a Richard Hartmann, and proceeded to light the Extraliga up with Palffy, scoring an impressive 90 points, second on the team only to Palffy's 99 points.

Just looking at his statistics, the kid looks really promising. Hopefully he joins the Kings organization in some way.
Just a few notes:

To make it at center to the WHC in Slovak national team at center actually definitely isn´t more impressive than making it in other psosition as it is historically our weakest position, there´s pretty much just Handzus and Stumpel, who was injured during the last WHC and that is the reason why Mikus got to center the 2nd line. And he didn´t show much there, but yeah noone really did, so you can´t judge him from that.

And he didn´t really steal the position from Hartmann, actually Hartmann played most season together with Mikus and Pallfy, but he played wing this season. But in 2007/2008 for most of the season the top line was the combination of Palffy with Mikus togetehr with Zalesak and it is him who actually went to the 2nd line, which I believe was mainly to spread the offensive power to more than just one line as Skalica isn´t very deep offensively at all. At least if I remember it right.

Just to point these things out. I´m not really sure what to think of him, but I have to say that I would be surprised if he makes the Kings roster and think that most probably he´ll be in Finland next year.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:22 PM
  #24
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Has there been a player to get a invite and make the team out of camp, and go on to have a great career. Sure seems like there could be a big upside to this kid.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 03:03 AM
  #25
Cosmojam
Registered User
 
Cosmojam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Kings would have to offer him a one-way deal, because AHL is not an option for him. He will play in Finland if Kings won't sign him, and I think it would be a big surprise if he can make it to the team from this development camp. But no one knows. More likely he will play in NHL in few years, or maybe after the upcoming season.

Cosmojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.