HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-buf

Old
07-07-2009, 11:27 PM
CloutierForVezina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8inblack View Post
You left some huge holes out of the story. They DID pretty much shutdown Perry and Ryan, and there chances resulted from Getzlaf. I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the series now, and for the record, Getzlaf, it seemed almost by himself at times, was destroying the Wings. The best thing I can compare to is the movie 300, it was pretty much that but on skates.
I watched 5 of the games and I was actually a lot more impressed with Pronger and Scotty Neids, to be perfectly honest. I saw Pronger appear out of a thin air a couple of times and almost destroy Osgood with that slapper of his, I think game 2 first period in particular he just about destroyed 5 minutes of hard Red Wings pressure if it weren't for that pesky far post.

But I digress, I still firmly believe there's a lot more to worry about on a Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan line versus a Kunitz-Crosby-Geurin line... which should be pretty obvious to anyone who has seen the RPG line.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
If there was a poll among GM"s in the NHL Getzlaf would get at least 20-25 of the votes over Parise. Parise is a stud but he is no where near the complete player that Getzlaf is. Getzlaf plays on the PP, PK and on the 1st line and often hits the 25 minute a game mark. He plays in a lot more physical of a league compared to the East that Parise plays in.
Here are career stats...
Getzlaf-
NHL TOTALS
Games Played- 297
Goals- 88
Assist- 182
Career Points- 270
+/- 60
Shots- 731

Parise-

NHL TOTALS
Career games- 326
Goals-122
Assist-131
Career Points-253
+/- 39
Shots- 1,010

So Parise is better even though he has played more 30 career games and has 17 less points in the East which is known for more scoring? Parise also has nearly 300 shots more? I promise you that if Getzlaf had 300 more shots you see about another 50-75 more points on to that career points total.
Nice attempt but please try again!
Parise is also signed for 2 million less per year.

=)

Old
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Parise is also signed for 2 million less per year.

=)
In 2 years he'll be signed for 2 million more per year.

=)

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
In 2 years he'll be signed for 2 million more

=)
And in 2 years after that, he'll still be signed with his current team.

=)

Old
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
And in 2 years after that, he'll still be signed with his current team.

=)
And 2 years after that, he still won't be as good as Getzlaf

=)

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
And 2 years after that, he still won't be as good as Getzlaf

=)
Again, debatable. As I said before, Getzlaf is obviously the more physical of the two and is a better playmaker where as Parise has better hands and works the boards better. A stud center is rarer than a stud winger, especially when he's a legitimate power forward like Getzlaf is. But then again, a sniper is generally considered more valuable than a playmaker; if Parise could consistently put up 40-45 goals per year it would put him in a very elite class of about 7 players (Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Heatley, Carter(?), Malkin(?), Iginla(?), ????).

At the end of the day, both are very skilled players and you really couldn't go far wrong choosing one over the other. Getzlaf probably holds slightly more value overall, though.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:59 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Again, debatable. As I said before, Getzlaf is obviously the more physical of the two and is a better playmaker where as Parise has better hands and works the boards better. A stud center is rarer than a stud winger, especially when he's a legitimate power forward like Getzlaf is. But then again, a sniper is generally considered more valuable than a playmaker; if Parise could consistently put up 40-45 goals per year it would put him in a very elite class of about 7 players (Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Heatley, Carter(?), Malkin(?), Iginla(?), ????).

At the end of the day, both are very skilled players and you really couldn't go far wrong choosing one over the other. Getzlaf probably holds slightly more value overall, though.
Yeah have to say that I'd take Getzlaf over Parise any day not gonna lie. But to the guy who said that he'd rather have Getzlaf than Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby, talk to me when Getzlaf wins either the Art Ross (Malkin) or the Hart (Ovechkin and Crosby). Hell, talk to me when he gets nominated for the Hart (Datsyuk) I don't really think it's even debatable that Getzlaf, while a top ten forward in the league, isn't in the same class as those first three. Maybe in a class with Datsyuk right now, and if you asked if I would trade Getzlaf for Datsyuk right now obviously I would because of Getzlaf's contract and his being nearly ten years younger, but still I consider Datsyuk the most COMPLETE player (between offense and defense, still doesn't necessarily make him better than the first three) in the league right now.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 09:30 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Henrik is 27. I don't think he would still be considered a "great young player". He's established and in his prime years.
He had the same rookie year as Ryan Getzlaf.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
He had the same rookie year as Ryan Getzlaf.
Niklas Backstrom had his rookie year when he was 28. Having your rookie year doesn't automatically make you a young player. Lundqvist probably is my favorite goaltender, but he can't be considered a great young star anymore. Personally I would draw the line to call an athlete a young player at 24...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
After getting a good look at Getzlaf in the playoffs this year, and comparing him to Malkin and Crosby, Getzlaf is making a great case for the best overall forward in the NHL.

Yes. I said it. I hate the Ducks, but I would take Getzlaf over Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and Datsyuk. Theres nothing that this kid doesn't do, and do extremely well.
Id take Getzlaf over Datsuyk....but Malkin? Ovech? Dude, yer off your rocker there....

s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Bleak

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Id take Getzlaf over Datsuyk....but Malkin? Ovech? Dude, yer off your rocker there....
Not for point production I wouldn't.
Getzlaf is an AMAZING 5-way player: Gritty, Passing, Defensive, Checking, Shooting (He does NOT use his shot enough. It is AMAZING)
He is STILL improving. He has 2 years to be in his prime.

Malkin cannot play the gritty-defensive style of Getzlaf.
Ovechkin has heart and wants the puck, but only in the offensive zone. I don't expect him to chase the puck like he does in the O-zone while being in his own. I just don't.
Pavel is the only player I can SEMI compare Getzlaf to. He plays the two way game but doesn't have the grit.
I'd say next season he is going to burst out of his shell and finally be recognized. Kind of like Pavel. Remember he is still improving his game. His back still hurts from the playoffs (He was keeping up in pace with Crosby, A.O, and Malkin till he was out of gas. But with Koivu and Lupul I am sure he will not have to play 25-30 minutes a game for a foward.)

I'd say he is in the top 3-5 fowards.

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote