HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Robbed while playing

Old
07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
They were broken. They also brought burglary tools that the police found. Someone reported a suspicious looking man walking around the locker room, they took us off the ice to see if anything was missing and my wallet was taken. There was 3 people in on it, the one they caught was a registered sex offender from Oakland on parole. Pillar of society.
The lockers at Sharks Ice are ripe for theft, if someone forgets to lock that back door to the showers then whoever is in the other dressing room can walk right in.

On my team we have a valuables bag that everyone puts their wallets and watches and stuff in that we take to the bench with us.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
They were broken. They also brought burglary tools that the police found. Someone reported a suspicious looking man walking around the locker room, they took us off the ice to see if anything was missing and my wallet was taken. There was 3 people in on it, the one they caught was a registered sex offender from Oakland on parole. Pillar of society.
The hell... Who would be that determined to break into a locker room to steal wallets.

They probably could have got more if they robbed a convenience store

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
TheGooooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The lockers at Sharks Ice are ripe for theft, if someone forgets to lock that back door to the showers then whoever is in the other dressing room can walk right in.

On my team we have a valuables bag that everyone puts their wallets and watches and stuff in that we take to the bench with us.
pretty much, with the lockers sharing the showers if someone forgets to lock that door it is a free for all.

My team does the same thing. But I just leave everything in my car (not that it is a guaranteed safe spot)

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:

Wasn't Sharks Ice.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:32 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Whoever does this can be shot on sight, according to Man Law.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

When I used to play roller hockey our team used a ton of stuff stolen from us ... When I finally put a lock on my bag, the jerk(s) just cut a hole in my bag. When we stopped bringing valuables to the rink "they" would mess with our crap - tying tons of knots in our shoe laces, hanging them from the ceiling, rolling the deodorant all the way out then breaking it off, etc. I once had my mask bag stolen ... but I ended up stealing it from someone else, so it evened out.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

My rink is the same. If you don't lock the shower door then someone can just go in and out without anyone even noticing.

At least if that's locked everyone can see someone walking in from the bench. I usually never bring more than $5 or $10 into the rink. I've heard stories of teams getting their whole season's payment stole in the first game of the season. It can get bad.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Wease

Never had anything stolen. I always leave anything valuable in my car. I own five cars and all five keys are on the ring, so they'd have fun trying to figure out what car I drove that day...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
pretty much, with the lockers sharing the showers if someone forgets to lock that door it is a free for all.

My team does the same thing. But I just leave everything in my car (not that it is a guaranteed safe spot)
The only thing we leave in the dressing room now is the beer, and god help the SOB that steals that. Not my team that plays at Sharks Ice because I know that is verboten.

Old
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Chootoi

I had my wedding ring stolen. Usually I leave it at home but of course the one time I forget so I just left it in my shoe in the room cause if you play goalie with a ring on and catch a puck in the wrong spot, you won't be using that finger for awhile.

Yeah... Sure enough the lock is busted when I get back. They found it.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Marty30

My team gets off the rink at my roller hockey place only to walk into the locker room to see three kids going through our **** and stealing money. Turned out, it was kids from the team we had brawled with the week before that had had a game before us, and wanted to get some "revenge". All 3 kids were jumped immediately by the entire team, pounded into the ground, and taken away by the cops. A few of us got in trouble, including myself, for kicking the **** out of the kids, but I would say their punishment was quite a bit worse then ours. Nobody knows how much trouble they actually got in, but it was pretty ****in awesome to see them taken away by cops.

Marty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:46 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
I had my wedding ring stolen. Usually I leave it at home but of course the one time I forget so I just left it in my shoe in the room cause if you play goalie with a ring on and catch a puck in the wrong spot, you won't be using that finger for awhile.

Yeah... Sure enough the lock is busted when I get back. They found it.
And that dear, is why you saw me without my wedding ring on....

Old
07-09-2009, 02:10 AM
TheGooooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty30 View Post
My team gets off the rink at my roller hockey place only to walk into the locker room to see three kids going through our **** and stealing money. Turned out, it was kids from the team we had brawled with the week before that had had a game before us, and wanted to get some "revenge". All 3 kids were jumped immediately by the entire team, pounded into the ground, and taken away by the cops. A few of us got in trouble, including myself, for kicking the **** out of the kids, but I would say their punishment was quite a bit worse then ours. Nobody knows how much trouble they actually got in, but it was pretty ****in awesome to see them taken away by cops.
Now that is a cool story

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

I've only had my skate guards stolen, but after reading this thread, I'm never bringing my wallet or phone in the rink again.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
blueberrydanish

I left my gloves by accident(was new and just got caught talking so did not think to check my area) and they had already had my nasty hand stinch and were not even expensive in the least bit. Came back next day they were gone noone turned em in they just took them. Although I can not for sure say they were stolen thats pretty much all thats left as an option. Gotten to know the people who work there pretty well from the time I put in and they all had not seen a thing. I was pretty damn shocked someone took my gloves with such a smell that were not even top or midrange gloves, small rink in Florida so its not like the chump will ever be able to use them at any public times or the select league games Id be at, they prob only got like 10-15 bucks sellin them.
Glad this happened with a cheap piece of equipment though and not any of my info/cash/good gear, now I triple check before leaving and leave my wallet and phone in my car ever since.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:00 AM
densetsu

For those leaving your wallets in your car: you do know that thieves break into cars too, right?

Best is to either:

(a) Bring your valuables with you to the bench,
(b) Use a wallet locker if your rink has them,
(c) Only take your drivers license and $10 - $20 to the rink.

Oh, and if you leave your keys in the room, take the keyless entry remote off them, otherwise the guy can just snatch your keys, press a button, and find your car in five seconds.

densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
2-3 weeks ago someone went into my team's locker room and stole wallets.

I had a check for about $300 stolen for a mens league payment. and a few guys that were paying cash got that stolen. I was lucky to be able to cancel the check. When the rink finally asked for my payment, i told them to find the dude who stole it from their lockless locker room, then you'll get my payment. I can still see the dumbfounded look the coordinator had on his face after i said this.

I followed it with, I will pay for the canceled check, but i am not writing another. At least i didnt have to pay for that session. The other guys with cash got the shaft.
Two weeks later, they put locks on the doors....(it was a new rink that was only a few months old for whatever thats worth.)

Since then, i leave my wallet in the car since you dont need it anyways, always pay before a game, and with a check so it can be tracked or canceled.
I wear my wedding ring, it doesnt interfere at all, I still bring my phone in, but that is replaceable. A wallet sux to get stolen....

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty30 View Post
All 3 kids were jumped immediately by the entire team, pounded into the ground, and taken away by the cops.
Nice to hear about someone actually getting their comeuppance for pulling some cowardly shenanigans.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
CaptBrannigan

I joined a team late one season, so instead of paying into the team fee it was decided that I would give everyone 15-20 bucks. I dished out the cash before the game. After the game, everyone's stuff had been picked and all the cash was gone. So I kind of lucked out there but it was a crappy situation. I leave my wallet, phone, etc. locked in the glove compartment of the car.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 12:02 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by densetsu View Post
For those leaving your wallets in your car: you do know that thieves break into cars too, right?
And you are aware thieves break into houses right? If you are gonna take it there might aswell go all the way.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Ian Himself
Hasek approves ...

Send a message via AIM to Ian Himself
I've robbed quite a few forwards with my quick blocker on numerous occasions.

Ian Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by densetsu View Post
(c) Only take your drivers license and $10 - $20 to the rink.
+1... do you really need more than $50 of cash on you at one time?

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
+1... do you really need more than $50 of cash on you at one time?
depends on if you plan on hitting the Bar.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 02:55 PM
londonkni14

my coach told me that i should put all my valubales in my cup. nobody would ever go puttin there hands in there.

londonkni14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
kmd mode

i've had my wallet and my ipod stolen before, but the worst for me was one day i was running late to practice a few years ago( we had off-ice first for an hour then on-ice practice) so i went straight to the training room and left my stuff right outside it because our training room isnt too big and i didnt want to take up to much room. Yes, it was a stupid mistake, i come back to find out my bag and 2 of my sticks are gone. I thought my teammates were playing a joke on me, but the bag never appeared. I had to buy all new gear within a week before our next tournament out of state. It sucked...

kmd mode is offline   Reply With Quote