HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Per Jon Jordan: Vrbata returning to NHL next season

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Off Center

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
They can afford him, but it doesn't mean they want to.
nor would most teams at $3 mil...but i think that's where our young defenseman come into play....young defensemen flashing NHL traits and signed for relative peanuts should make great bargaining chips....1 sub-par player for $3 mil is a tough sell, but add an up-and-comer or 2, creating a promising 2 or 3 player package for $4 or $5 mil, and folks might be willing to deal. especially deeper defensive teams who can afford to keep a young defenseman in the AHL, a team like that might be very interested in mihalik

that's beyond vrbata's agent's authority, obviously, so i'm hoping lawton is burning up the phone lines with something along those lines.

Old
07-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Well, if he returns to the NHL next season it won't be in a Lightning jersey.

Quote:
"He won't fit into our plans," Lawton said. "There won't be a roster spot for him. He has the right to come back and if he wants to he can, and he'll end up in Norfolk."
http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...s-him-per.html

07-10-2009, 01:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Considering Tampa is willing to pay Vrbata six million over the next two years to sit in the AHL, I hope Phoenix can trade you guys Todd Fedoruk and David Hale, for him. Then, Tampa would only be on the hook for 1.775M this year and 1.125 next year for a total of 2.9M, and a saving of 3.1M over the next two years. Vrbata gets to go back the site of his greatest(only) success. Phoenix dumps a couple of players they can't afford to hide in the minors, and pick up a gamble that could end up being a bargain goalscorer(really all we can afford) with 20+ goal potential for only 1.225M, this season and 1.875M, next season. Hale's low cap-hit(700k) might even make him a decent option as a seventh D on your NHL roster(strictly in case of an injury and a need for a quick fill-in), and perhaps Tampa might even be able to find some use for Todd Fedoruk, if you need an "enforcer". Even if not, it's cheaper than hiding Vrbata in the AHL.

Old
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Considering Tampa is willing to pay Vrbata six million over the next two years to sit in the AHL, I hope Phoenix can trade you guys Todd Fedoruk and David Hale, for him. Then, Tampa would only be on the hook for 1.775M this year and 1.125 next year for a total of 2.9M, and a saving of 3.1M over the next two years. Vrbata gets to go back the site of his greatest(only) success. Phoenix dumps a couple of players they can't afford to hide in the minors, and pick up a gamble that could end up being a bargain goalscorer(really all we can afford) with 20+ goal potential for only 1.225M, this season and 1.875M, next season. Hale's low cap-hit(700k) might even make him a decent option as a seventh D on your NHL roster(strictly in case of an injury and a need for a quick fill-in), and perhaps Tampa might even be able to find some use for Todd Fedoruk, if you need an "enforcer". Even if not, it's cheaper than hiding Vrbata in the AHL.
Vrbata and a defenseman, Lundin or Krajicek for Mueller, done deal?

Old
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
HAHA! Yeah, it's perfect.

Old
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
HAHA! Yeah, it's perfect.
Knew you'd agree. Tyvm!

Old
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Good try.

If you post that in the board you'd have been flamed so hard...

Vrbata + Lundin/Krajicek + prospect + 3rd for Mueller

Thoughts Phoenix people?

Old
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Good try.

If you post that in the board you'd have been flamed so hard...

Vrbata + Lundin/Krajicek + prospect + 3rd for Mueller

Thoughts Phoenix people?
Thoughts? Tampa Bay's general manager has stated publicly that he doesn't want Radim Vrbata, a player that has passed through waivers, be assigned to the minors, and run back home eighteen games into a three year contract. Peter Mueller is a cornerstone of the Phoenix Coyotes franchise, and probably one of the three or four most important pieces of the team's future. Let's stop using the two names in the same sentence, please. Thanks.

Old
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

To get Mueller we would have to part with our first, Lashoff and then some. Asking for Mueller is like another team asking for Stamkos. Stamkos has more value but it's not happening, especially for Krajicek and two players who cleared waivers last year.

Old
07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I'm betting we can dump Vrbata as a bonus when packaged with a team that badly needs defensive depth. Krajicek+Lundin+3rd+Vrbata should get us something in return.

Old
07-10-2009, 03:09 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I'm betting we can dump Vrbata as a bonus when packaged with a team that badly needs defensive depth. Krajicek+Lundin+3rd+Vrbata should get us something in return.
I would guess that Vrbata would actually decrease the value of the package and in fact be a deal breaker for most teams in the NHL. Unless, of course, the salary coming back is comparable. In that case, perhaps you are right.

Old
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Vancouver?

Old
07-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Are you auditioning to be a Habs fan? Phoenix is building around guys like Mueller, they're not going to deal him off for spare parts from one of the league's worst teams last season.

As for your offer rt, the Lightning don't need any more defenseman. Adding Hale is pointless when there's already a logjam there.

Old
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Thoughts? Tampa Bay's general manager has stated publicly that he doesn't want Radim Vrbata, a player that has passed through waivers, be assigned to the minors, and run back home eighteen games into a three year contract. Peter Mueller is a cornerstone of the Phoenix Coyotes franchise, and probably one of the three or four most important pieces of the team's future. Let's stop using the two names in the same sentence, please. Thanks.
We're kidding, man. We know.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
We're kidding, man. We know.
I was kind of going for that overreacting kind of "church lady" sort of retort. Smartassery, of sorts. I no good righter. Me no makey me emotions come into wurds.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
As for your offer rt, the Lightning don't need any more defenseman. Adding Hale is pointless when there's already a logjam there.
The point has nothing to do with defensemen. Hale makes exactly four times less than Vrbata, 750k versus three million. If you have to pay one or the other to play in the AHL, which do you think your owner would prefer.

The proposal was not meant to be a hockey deal. Just a money deal.

Nobody wanted Vrbata on waivers, last year. I doubt they will want him, this year. If someone picks him up on re-entry, you're still stuck paying more than you would hiding Hale and the Fridge in the AHL.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I was kind of going for that overreacting kind of "church lady" sort of retort. Smartassery, of sorts. I no good righter. Me no makey me emotions come into wurds.
HOW DARE YOU SIR

Old
07-10-2009, 04:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
HOW DARE YOU SIR
My apologies. Now, hand over your unwanted free agent bust, and take our overpaid goon and stick him in the minors. Thank you. Always a pleasure.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Charlie18

Quote:
My apologies. Now, hand over your unwanted free agent bust, and take our overpaid goon and stick him in the minors. Thank you. Always a pleasure.
Now that is a good plan. Except replace stick him in the minors, with stick him on the 4th line and Konopka in the minors instead.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie18 View Post
Now that is a good plan. Except replace stick him in the minors, with stick him on the 4th line and Konopka in the minors instead.
Rather have Konopka here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Rather have Konopka here.
Posted via Mobile Device
You fellas can work all that out later, let's just get this trade done. Okay?

Old
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Are you auditioning to be a Habs fan? Phoenix is building around guys like Mueller, they're not going to deal him off for spare parts from one of the league's worst teams last season.

Shame on you, that is MEAN! Comparing me to a Habs fan? I've been cheering this team since 1995. Very over the line

Old
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
THAT IS MEAN!!!!!!!!!! I was just trying to get us a deal I did NOT MENTION HALE. The other guy did. Please do not EVER mention me and Habs fan in the same sentence.
the ultimate insult. being called a habs fan

Old
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
the ultimate insult. being called a habs fan
No kidding. It's something I wouldn't even do to Hitler. Ok, well, I'd do it to Hitler And for the record, some reports have Phoenix being very mixed on Mueller. That's not to say they'd trade him without getting a good return, especially not for what I sarcastically proposed, but you get the idea.

Old
07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
No kidding. It's something I wouldn't even do to Hitler. Ok, well, I'd do it to Hitler And for the record, some reports have Phoenix being very mixed on Mueller. That's not to say they'd trade him without getting a good return, especially not for what I sarcastically proposed, but you get the idea.
There are no reports like that. Just guys like me *****ing about the kid having a lousy year on crappy team.

Closed Thread