HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nicklas Backstrom

Old
07-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
And he's only going to get stronger and more mature.

I loved this from last year.

In my opinion Ovy could not ask for a better center than Backstrom... his calm and collective demeanor complements Ovys craziness. Few more years and people will be saying: "Forsberg who?" well, maybe i over shot here a little, but the kid is incredible, my 2 cents.

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Fallschirmyager

NB is just a stereotypical reserved Swede. He takes care of his business quite effectively but you don't always notice it. He had at least a couple of 5 assist games this year.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:03 PM
binary0x01

Send a message via ICQ to binary0x01 Send a message via Yahoo to binary0x01
I want to see Bryan Little in DC.

For 2nd line he'd be great.

binary0x01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
In my opinion Ovy could not ask for a better center than Backstrom... his calm and collective demeanor complements Ovys craziness. Few more years and people will be saying: "Forsberg who?" well, maybe i over shot here a little, but the kid is incredible, my 2 cents.
the best part is the ov headlock.

backstrom's got some pissedoffedness in his game. his edge has sharpened over the last season. should be fun to watch this season.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary0x01 View Post
I want to see Bryan Little in DC.

For 2nd line he'd be great.
And I want Ryan Getzlaf. Neither player is even remotely available though.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMan View Post
I love the guy, but would like to see more ruff and tuff playing, like Forsberg. Forsberg was the most exciting player to watch with all his asets since Lemiuex & Gretzky. If Backstrom would play some more tuff game ( i have seen him doing the Forsberg-hit - the one with the shoulder knocking the guy out). More of that.
Yeah insightfull I think, some parts of his game is resembles Forsbergs, though they got different personalities, Foppa was more competitive for good and bad, were Backis is more cool/shy.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
WshCaps19

How can you not love this guy? When most players suffer through a sophomore slump, Backs establishes himself as a top 10 player in the league and shines in the playoffs.

WshCaps19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
The Viking Fury

Is there a clip of game 7, Dubinsky hit? I think the place may have gotten louder for that than Fedorov's goal. I know during the 5 on 3 last year in the first against philly the clears were just as loud as the goals in terms of getting cheers from the crowd.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
DJIncognito

Do you guys think you can afford all 3 long term? Are they all going to want max contracts, or close to it?

It's an amazing top line if they play together. All 3 looked great in the playoffs racking up points. I had Semin and Backstrom in my playoff pool. If only they had gone on...

DJIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
Do you guys think you can afford all 3 long term? Are they all going to want max contracts, or close to it?

It's an amazing top line if they play together. All 3 looked great in the playoffs racking up points. I had Semin and Backstrom in my playoff pool. If only they had gone on...
That's the question, isn't it? Between Ovie, Backstrom, Green, and Semin that's a decent chunk of change.

Truthfully we probably won't know until Backstrom signs, if even then. Both Backstrom and Semin could easily get 6 mil, if not more, and the Caps probably can't afford to keep Semin if they're both getting that much. Who knows, though, GMGM may have something up his sleeve, a willingness to aggressively shed salary elsewhere to fill in the gaps around those 4 even if it comes to paying them that much.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote