HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec got several KHL offers

Old
07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

vCash: 500
Although a lot of people are saying he's too soft, and they'd be glad to see him leave, right now, we need him. We don't have anybody that can take his spot right away.

habsman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:55 PM
gindanhabs

So the hearing will go like this:

Habs: He sucked like a little girl on a lolipop

Arbitrator: Tom, do you think that's a fair assesment?

Pleks: Yes, I was sissy girl, sucking hard on sussy

Arbitrator: I find in favor of Montreal

gindanhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Well, worse come to worse, if you lose Pleks, you can just put Cammy at centre and sign Tanguay to a one year contract to play wing.
We wouldn't need to sign Tanguay

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
S.Kost - Cammalleri - A.Kost

Or something like that.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:20 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges St Laraque View Post
We wouldn't need to sign Tanguay

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
S.Kost - Cammalleri - A.Kost

Or something like that.
He was brought here to play wing (Cammalleri), he WILL play wing... Only way he will see Center is if one of Gomez/Plekanec is down for an extended period of time, and a call-up or promotion (think Lapierre) doesn't pan out.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
He was brought here to play wing (Cammalleri), he WILL play wing... Only way he will see Center is if one of Gomez/Plekanec is down for an extended period of time, and a call-up or promotion (think Lapierre) doesn't pan out.
I know that

This is all assuming that Plek is gone and that we can't find a replacement. I love Lapierre but he's not a 2nd line center and neither is Chipchura . I don't think Maxwell and especially Leblanc are ready (Maxwell would be worth a try though) and the S.Kost at center experiment was a failure.

Cammalleri would be the logical choice in this unexpected turn of events.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:34 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges St Laraque View Post
I know that

This is all assuming that Plek is gone and that we can't find a replacement. I love Lapierre but he's not a 2nd line center and neither is Chipchura . I don't think Maxwell and especially Leblanc are ready (Maxwell would be worth a try though) and the S.Kost at center experiment was a failure.

Cammalleri would be the logical choice in this unexpected turn of events.
Plekanec will be back, if not there will likely be some sort of trade for a center of similar capabilities off another team.. I don't think Cammalleri will play center, TBH.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ux-quitter.php

That's true , Plekanec got few offers from europeen league but his goal is to play here in the best league .
So he said he won't be pulling a Hudler?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I hate arbitration, it really destroys a players relationship with the franchise. In Plekanec's case, especially with last years confidence at an all time low, It could be a very negative thing.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
I hate arbitration, it really destroys a players relationship with the franchise. In Plekanec's case, especially with last years confidence at an all time low, It could be a very negative thing.
They just have to play the clips where he says he played like a girl and when he didnt understand why his national team wanted him to play for them. That way the team didnt say anything bad.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:40 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
They just have to play the clips where he says he played like a girl and when he didnt understand why his national team wanted him to play for them. That way the team didnt say anything bad.
This is exactly what i thought of. how can a guy who was so down on himself expect more money?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 12:03 AM
MathMan

Guys, you read too much into the arbitration request. Basically, what it does for Plekanec is ensure he will have a contract before training camp. And it sets a deadline for the negotiations. I believe it's pretty unlikely that he will actually reach the arbitration hearing without a deal.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
They just have to play the clips where he says "he played like a girl " and when he didnt understand why his national team wanted him to play for them. That way the team didnt say anything bad.
So darn true!! Funny and true!!

In a way I really like that about Pleks...he didn't give a cocky reply (ex: "not just me") or boring, cliche answer when asked about his poor performances, instead he was honest enough to say "I played like a little girl!". (he can also play like a man!, ex: 69 pts' season).

And I also liked his reply when he asked to play for his national team!! "why would they want me?!!".

This is funny, but we may need players with more confidence!! But I love his honesty!! I just hope he regains his 60pt+ touch again...

I love his honesty but it may not be so good for the arbitration hearing!! Unless...

Maybe he's going to arbitration to demand that they lower his salary!!
"I don't deserve a 10% raise!!...I want the minimum...what is it? $450,000? I'll take that every year for the next 5 years."

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 07-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Like you wouldn't do the same if this situation applied to your job? Who doesn't want to make more money???

What's wrong with him going to arbitration?
There is nothing wrong with going to arbitration but the main reason is for him to make money - NOT to get recognition...what kind of bullcrap story is that???

I would rather he said, "I don't feel that the offers have been fair and I would like to get another opinion on what I should make this year".

Don't give me the "money is not important" routine and then file for arbitration, lol.

Just to expand, he said that while money is a factor, recognition means more to him...I just don't see how he'll get that recognition he's looking for even if it goes to arbitration. And what if it gets that far and the arbitration doesn't go his way? Is he going to cry? *sigh*

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
The Chef*

I'm sure at least 75% of all european, especially eastern european UFAs got an offer from a KHL team. Nothing to worry about, unless they actually sign..

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:03 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Guys, you read too much into the arbitration request. Basically, what it does for Plekanec is ensure he will have a contract before training camp. And it sets a deadline for the negotiations. I believe it's pretty unlikely that he will actually reach the arbitration hearing without a deal.
Exactly....what remains to be seen if BG just does a one year deal, or signs him to a longer term...it will be hard for Pleks agent to get him big money after his disastrous season last year, but he might get 2-2.5M for 1-2 years and gets the chance to redeem himself...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
There is nothing wrong with going to arbitration but the main reason is for him to make money - NOT to get recognition...what kind of bullcrap story is that???

I would rather he said, "I don't feel that the offers have been fair and I would like to get another opinion on what I should make this year".

Don't give me the "money is not important" routine and then file for arbitration, lol.

Just to expand, he said that while money is a factor, recognition means more to him...I just don't see how he'll get that recognition he's looking for even if it goes to arbitration. And what if it gets that far and the arbitration doesn't go his way? Is he going to cry? *sigh*
Get over it. It's just a quote, it's not your money and he had just one bad year after years of success in North America.

Old
07-10-2009, 08:28 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Translation : If they offered me enough money I would have left faster than Price drops to his knees.
Rofl If he actually leaves, its gonna be intresting to see how Bob reacts.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Get over it. It's just a quote, it's not your money and he had just one bad year after years of success in North America.
I'm just commenting on a quote I read in this thread. Not sure what you want me to get over?

I have no problem with Pleks going for as much money as he can get.

Old
07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I'm just commenting on a quote I read in this thread. Not sure what you want me to get over?

I have no problem with Pleks going for as much money as he can get.
I think you do, just like most posters in the thread.

It's funny to see how many people want to see him and the K brothers traded. That's exactly the same stupidity Gainey keeps doing every year. Buy high, trade low and then people bash him for it. It's kind of funny to see.

Old
07-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Capitano

Quote:
I think you do, just like most posters in the thread.

It's funny to see how many people want to see him and the K brothers traded. That's exactly the same stupidity Gainey keeps doing every year. Buy high, trade low and then people bash him for it. It's kind of funny to see.
You're confusing 2 issues here though.

This was talking about impending arbitration and the possibility of Pleks going to the KHL.

Don't lump me in with the rest of the group here that want him traded. I like Pleks. I think he has great potential, but I also think this year is a crossroads for him. He lacks confidence, and this process could potentially break him if it gets that far.

Old
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Puckhead58*

If he goes....it might be a good idea to give Lang another shot....if he's healthy. If not....it looks like Gainey will have to make a trade for a #2 centerman.

I know Cammi can be used as a center, but I think he is more effective on the wing sniping goals.

Gainey needs to go after a center first and if he can't find one, then they should move Cammi to center and re-sign Tanguay for 2 years.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 11:40 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsman56 View Post
Although a lot of people are saying he's too soft, and they'd be glad to see him leave, right now, we need him. We don't have anybody that can take his spot right away.
I think differently. I say we're not winning a cup this season. Let's throw in a youngster and deal with the results.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
You can't fault him for being honest, when he is on his game he does not need to play rough and tough or even gritty. He has good wheels, can pass well and score. He is second line center material and has proved it on this team. Sign him for 2 years at 2.5, done.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Good I hope he leaves. ****ing wimp. I'd rather have Hayley Wickenheiser then him.
Seconded.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Infliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
Does Plekanec have interest in KHL, that's should be the main concern.
Well, he's going to arbitration which means he wants/feels he deserves more money plus he'd get to play with one of the greatest fellow countrymen the world has ever seen so... Yea he probably does have intrest in the KHL.

Infliction is offline   Reply With Quote