HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You Know You're A Habs Fan When ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
  #26
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille
 
CastroLeRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
you dress your newborn in habs pyjamas

or

you feel you wanna cry everytimethe team trades a player

or

you feel you won the lottery every time the team gets a new player

or

you boo the bruins or leafs staff on the draft day

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
  #27
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I laughed, heh.


You know you're a Habs' fan when you check out pointless threads on a Habs' forum in the middle of July when you're supposed to be working.

You know you're a Habs' fan when you edit the rosters of NHL 09 on July 1st with every passing move the team makes.

I spent the day yesterday going through the rosters on NHL09 dropping players and putting them on their new teams. I just went to TSN.ca and looked at all the signings and trades that happened since the end of the season and put the players on their correct teams.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
  #28
KovalevDeke
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
you know you are a habs fan when ...

you make love to your girlfriend and every time you go in and out you sing OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
  #29
Derek Zoolander
En un clin d'œil
 
Derek Zoolander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hermiston, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
You own 15 jerseys and only one of them has the name of a player still on the team. (FTR - Markov)

Derek Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
  #30
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,572
vCash: 500
You own Habs boxers.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
  #31
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
you know you are a habs fan when ...

you make love to your girlfriend and every time you go in and out you sing OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ
Never done that one...but

when you make love to your girlfriend during the intermission mostly because you want the 15 minutes to go by faster (and I've "faked it" to cut short).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
  #32
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
You know what BGL on LTIRL means.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
  #33
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Never done that one...but

when you make love to your girlfriend during the intermission mostly because you want the 15 minutes to go by faster (and I've "faked it" to cut short).
So that should be : When you've "faked it" because intermission is over.

Can't say I have that kind of resolve.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
  #34
habsrock76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
you cut a promising date short because "puck drop" is in 20 minutes.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
  #35
teppo51
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
when you watch that TSN Classic vintage game for the 5th time this week to see Lafleur's score on Gilles Gilbert during that too many men penalty.

teppo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
  #36
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
You take Habs in your office pool even though deep down you know we won't win....but you BELIEVE we can

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
  #37
TomWaitsCanKillJesus
Registered User
 
TomWaitsCanKillJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montréal
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
you go watch a game the night of your first date with your gildfriend at a friend's house and she the only girl in the place (7 guys with her)

TomWaitsCanKillJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
  #38
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,830
vCash: 500
You overrate the players on the habs, or greatly underrated them. As soon as the overrated players are traded they suck.

You boo a 21 year-old for allowing only 4 goals in a game the team never had a chance to win because you suck at hockey, even when playing it on the ps3, or x-box 360.

If a first round prospect isn't in the NHL within a year after being drafted, they're a bust.

Now for some truthful and funny ones

You speak two languages and if you only speak English, or French, you still go to sites of the other language just to find the slightest news about the habs.

You know there's enough of us to form a small army. If a nation declares war against us, all the prime minister has to say is the other country is a bruins fan and Canada would then get a million volunteer soldiers.

You're more in love with the habs than your boyfriend/girlfriend.

You have tons of habs memorabilia.

Your ringtone is Feels a little like 93.

Whether the team looks like it's going to be complete crap, deep down you still feel that the impossible can become plausible.

Mario Trembley sucks and has been one of your mortal enemies despite never meeting him.

A girl, or guy who loves the habs as much as you can be the bases of a great relationship.

You're positive Jesus was a habs fan.

You own "The Rocket" and will own the habs movie when it comes out soon

You pay 200 dollars for a bus ticket, travel on a ****** greyhound bus for 4 hours to see your girlfriend just to ignore her to watch hockey. Even when she's visibly mad, you just put an arm around her and still focus on the game.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
  #39
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
When you want to trade 21 and 23 year old players and you don't see the big picture because they're not Canadian or because they party a little too much.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
  #40
Mag1328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
I know YOU are all Habs fans when...

... I realize that since July 1st, I've signed six of the ten most read articles on Cyberpresse.

It's July, for God's sake!

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
  #41
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
- you stay home to watch the draft even tho your gf and friends are going out to a nice dinner and you fully expect the draft will be very boring and disappointing.

- your gf says "ugh" whenever you say there's a game on a certain night which means you won't go anywhere

- you still wear your Habs shirt even tho there's holes in it

- you buy a Habs cap for $30 at the HHOF just so you can walk around for the day in Toronto wearing it

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
  #42
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
...
You boo a 21 year-old for allowing only 4 goals in a game the team never had a chance to win because you suck at hockey, even when playing it on the ps3, or x-box 360.

If a first round prospect isn't in the NHL within a year after being drafted, they're a bust.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
When you want to trade 21 and 23 year old players and you don't see the big picture because they're not Canadian or because they party a little too much.
When you have a really negative opinion about Habs fans except for yourself.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
  #43
Chuck the Bean
Registered User
 
Chuck the Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mont St-Hilaire
Country: Canada
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
When you can name a habs based on how he skates without having to look at his number.
+1
exactly how I am...

Chuck the Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
  #44
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
When you have a really negative opinion about Habs fans except for yourself.
Truth hurts.

You can't possibly be trying to defend those idiots who boo'd Price. If you weren,t at that game, then the comment isn't directed at you, meaning you're one of the few who aren't completely retarded.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
  #45
yoteshot
Registered User
 
yoteshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habland, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
You take Habs in your office pool even though deep down you know we won't win....but you BELIEVE we can
So true, if they lose and I hadn't taken them, it's my fault for not believing in their success

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
  #46
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
You take Habs in your office pool even though deep down you know we won't win....but you BELIEVE we can
Then you enter a fantasy playoff pool and take Schneider, Kovalev and Markov.
True story.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
  #47
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Never done that one...but

when you make love to your girlfriend during the intermission mostly because you want the 15 minutes to go by faster (and I've "faked it" to cut short).
Faked it? Do you keep warm yougurt handy for such an occassion?

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
  #48
beaverBFP
Registered User
 
beaverBFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
You take Habs in your office pool even though deep down you know we won't win....but you BELIEVE we can
lol yeep did that this year i had 2nd pick i think and still went with habs

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
  #49
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
You know you're a Habs fan when you can name the 14 fowards and 7 defencemans of the current team.

You know you're a Habs fan when refuse jobs that make you work on evening shift because of Habs games.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
  #50
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
You know you're a habs fan when you read Eklund's crap

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.