HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-sj

Old
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Mjollnir9*

vCash: 500
Nyr-sj

NY has done quite a bit to shake up their roster after a dissapointing end to the season, but the Sharks have done very little. This is a deal that both sides would benefit from, IMO. TO : NYR Milan Michalek ---- TO: SJ Michael Rozsival , Bobby Sanguinetti and 2nd rd pick Rip me up, boys! Really, though, I think it makes more sense than a lot of proposals. NYR add a top line LW for Gaborik's other side. They need a center for the top line, but that will be hard to do, so Drury or Dubinsky may fill that role. More likely Dubinsky, as he has the wheels, and has proven he can handle the pressure and win important face-offs. ------- SJ Picks up Rozsival, who is finally healthy after hip surgery, and is a solid point-getting defenseman. While he is not a big hitter, he is smart with the puck and has good vision. Sanguinetti is a top D prospect, who is ready for the NHL, depending on who you ask. Great offensive upside, big and fast, and after a rough start to his season, really improved his defensive play and positioning. --------Sharks get a great prospect, potentially top pair Dman, as well as a solid, reliable vet. I have also heard rumblings of Michalek and Todd McLellan not seeing eye-to-eye...

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
mrhockey193195

as a rangers fan, I'd probably do it...maybe I'd like it better if we got a 5th rounder and gave up a 3rd instead.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
SJ can't take on salary, on top of the fact that it doesn't really help them a lot either.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
baydrake
gutless performance

sharks are probably looking to deal away a defenseman, not for one. if anything SJ would trade away a D (murray, ehrhoff, or vlasic if they're going for a big change but lukowich at a minimum if the roster changes will be relatively minor) for a forward.

add the fact that even if SJ were looking to replace a defenseman, it wouldn't be rozsival. they already have boyle making 6.67M/yr and cap problems.

if you want michalek i would try starting with callahan, though sanguinetti could also be useful. i just don't see what the rangers would take back for him. what else if anything would be needed from the sharks side if it were more like:
Ehrhoff for Sanguinetti + Korpikoski?

Last edited by baydrake: 07-12-2009 at 08:51 PM.
baydrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

San Jose is already swimming in defensemen... Plus it seems we have at least 3 ready to make the jump from the 'Baby Sharks' in the next few years. We need to unload one, not get another.

Boyle
Blake
Vlasic
Ehrhoff
Murray
Lukowich
Huskins

Joslin
Moore
Petrecki

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Like the other Sharks fans have said, we don't need another defenseman. Roszival is good, but not needed.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydrake View Post
sharks are probably looking to deal away a defenseman, not for one. if anything SJ would trade away a D (murray, ehrhoff, or vlasic if they're going for a big change but lukowich at a minimum if the roster changes will be relatively minor) for a forward.

add the fact that even if SJ were looking to replace a defenseman, it wouldn't be rozsival. they already have boyle making 6.67M/yr and cap problems.

if you want michalek i would try starting with callahan, though sanguinetti could also be useful. i just don't see what the rangers would take back for him. what else if anything would be needed from the sharks side if it were more like:
Ehrhoff for Sanguinetti + Korpikoski?
I hear you Re: cap issues. Callahan for Michalek straight up would be pretty equal, although Cally is a NY native, and Tortorella loves him. He was also 6th in hits in the whole league last year... Callahan and Rozsival - for Michalek and Murray woul be more like it... Ehrhoff for Sangs + Korpikoski is pretty fair, but does not address the need for a tough D for NYR, who have a ton of offensive D ready to make the jump. I am not sure what Ehrhoff makes either. Howzabout Torrey Mitchell for Sangs + Korpikoski?

Old
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir9 View Post
I have also heard rumblings of Michalek and Todd McLellan not seeing eye-to-eye...
I've heard nothing like this at all.

I would suggest that before you suggest a trade, you at least try to understand what the other teams needs are.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
I've heard nothing like this at all.

I would suggest that before you suggest a trade, you at least try to understand what the other teams needs are.
I will take that into careful consideration...Really, I should know better, as I have family in SJ, and go to a few Sharks games when around...

Old
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
What is Rosival's salary? If it's higher than Ehrhoff's, then this doesn't really makes sense. If it's the same or a little lower, it could make sense, with Rosival as a replacement for Ehrhoff, meaning we can turn around and deal Ehrhoff.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
baydrake
gutless performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
What is Rosival's salary? If it's higher than Ehrhoff's, then this doesn't really makes sense. If it's the same or a little lower, it could make sense, with Rosival as a replacement for Ehrhoff, meaning we can turn around and deal Ehrhoff.
5M cap hit for 3 more years
(6M, 4M, 3M in cash)

Old
07-12-2009, 11:18 PM
NYR Viper

What about a 3 way deal with a team like the Habs?

To Mon:
Marleau, Rozsival

To SJ:
A. Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti

To NYR:
Michalek, Lapierre MON 2nd '10

Montreal gives:
A. Kostitsyn
Plekanec
Lapierre
2nd '10

Sam Jose gives:
Marleau(salary cap releif + new look)
Michalek

New York gives:
Korpikoski
Rozsival(To play with Hamrlik and Spacek who play together on the czech national team)
Sanguinetti

Obviously this is just something I came up with looking at it, it is pretty raw. Ideas are always welcome but I think there could be something with these three teams as all three are looking to obviously shake-up there teams.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
What about a 3 way deal with a team like the Habs?

To Mon:
Marleau, Rozsival

To SJ:
A. Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti

To NYR:
Michalek, Lapierre MON 2nd '10

Montreal gives:
A. Kostitsyn
Plekanec
Lapierre
2nd '10

Sam Jose gives:
Marleau(salary cap releif + new look)
Michalek

New York gives:
Korpikoski
Rozsival(To play with Hamrlik and Spacek who play together on the czech national team)
Sanguinetti

Obviously this is just something I came up with looking at it, it is pretty raw. Ideas are always welcome but I think there could be something with these three teams as all three are looking to obviously shake-up there teams.
YUCK. SJ gets reamed.

Quote:
5M cap hit for 3 more years
(6M, 4M, 3M in cash)
No way, not today, disco lady.

In general op's deal doesn't serve any need the Sharks have, does not take into consideration their needs and trades a valueable piece away for something they currently have a glut of.

Pass

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:27 AM
baydrake
gutless performance

next offseason though roz could be interesting trade bait to any cap floor team (if there are any if the chicken little "the cap is falling!" scenario comes true ). then AFAIK he'll still be under the magic age of 35 before his next contract kicks in so a team that was interested might extend him for one of those good ol' cap-friendly long-term front-loaded dealies.

since his cash hit will only be 7M over two years (3.5's not bad at all if he plays like he can), well under his 5M/yr cap hit. however, i don't expect SJ to be one of those teams. boyle is locked up long term with a NTC which he's already been wrangled into waiving once and did not seem to appreciate very much.

so unless the sharks hit a gold mine of cheap NHL ready prospect talent (unlikely since they have next to none now) they probably aren't going to fit 6.67M & 5M as their top defensemen salaries. they did last year with boyle and blake but clowe, vlasic, and murray are making a hell of a lot more starting next season

Old
07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Caseman

Why do the Rangers try and pawn Rozy to teams that do not need/want him?

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Why do the Rangers try and pawn Rozy to teams that do not need/want him?
Because, we are paying Wade Redden a ludicrous sum, and Rozy, while solid and a top 20 offensive Dman, is an expensive asset that can be replaced internally. To be fair, the Rangers themselves are not trying to pawn him off...It's us kool-aid gulping fans. Now, would it be more productive to try and "pawn him off"on teams that need a player like him? Yes.

Old
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
AK

Sharks don't touch this.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
gmsniper

Any trade the Ranges are going to try and pull off with anyone, they are going to have to over pay for a ton with prospects. Every other team nows the Rangers are in big trouble with the all the over 5 mill contracts they have (Henrik is the only deserving one so far). Rozival is the only movable peice because he can actually play and his salary goes down next year. So a team willing to take him off our hands knows they can jack the price up because the Rangers are desperate to move him, basically saying ok we will take him but we need insert prospect also. The same goes for Zherdev.

It is even wrose in his case because he will be a UFA at the end of July so only a desperate team would bite.

gmsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
AXN

That is a lot for Michalek. No closing of this thread.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote