HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Washington

Old
07-13-2009, 10:52 AM
BTD5504

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Definitely one of the worst proposals I've seen on here. Good job.
not even close to that.

this one wasn't great, but just go back and click on a random trade thread and it's most likely worse than this one.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Definitely one of the worst proposals I've seen on here. Good job.
this isn't even the worst proprosal involving the capitals over the last week.

Nylander's ability far exceedes his value to most people at this point. Even spending the whole year in the doghouse, he got 12 goals and 33 points in extremely limited playing time and negligible PP time. He's simply the ultimate east west player on a north south team.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
it has nothing to do with his skillset, it's all about the system.

he fit in perfectly with Glen Hanlon in his first season after being signed and went out and put up 37 pts in 40 games (playing about 15 games with a badly hurt shoulder). after he finally had surgery and came back, BB was the new coach and Nyles has been lost ever since.

he can still play, he just needs the right situation.
if its all about the system, why he didnt force a trade yet ? he simply sucks and he knows it, he has an NMC and hes not going to wave it.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
if its all about the system, why he didnt force a trade yet ? he simply sucks and he knows it, he has an NMC and hes not going to wave it.
He's not in much position to force a trade. For all we know he's asked for one already, but what can he do, threaten not to play?

He certainly doesn't suck, or if he does it came on swiftly, given that he was very good in 07-08.

He doesn't fit the system. It may be that he doesn't want to bother moving, holds out hope that he can still regain some form and stick here (if health was an unspoken issue last season he may have a shot), or it may be that he's seriously ready to go to the KHL and is waiting for a loan to be worked out, or it may be that he's already asked for a trade and is waiting for the team to find a taker. Or it may be that he doesn't care (which would surprise me) and is just going along for the ride.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
thedoctor
                    

the original proposal is terrible for the Avs. But I think there might be something here with a rework:

to Caps: Hannan, '10 4th
to Avs: Nylander, '10 1st

Caps lose the Nylander situation, a clear addition by subtraction, get a little cap relief, AND get a very solid #2-#3 Defender in return.

Avs get a higher draft pick for the rebuild, and can stick Nylander as their 3rd line center, something they currently lack.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 12:48 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
the original proposal is terrible for the Avs. But I think there might be something here with a rework:

Caps lose the Nylander situation, a clear addition by subtraction, get a little cap relief, AND get a very solid #2-#3 Defender in return.

Avs get a higher draft pick for the rebuild, and can stick Nylander as their 3rd line center, something they currently lack.
i would do it with the exception the avs give 2th round pick back or the caps change the first into a 2th rounder.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Yes, Nylander I think Nylander is a much better player than he gets credit for, but he has negative trade value because:

1) He has been demonstrably horrible for a full season.
2) He's coming off a major inury.
3) He's old as ****.
4) He's got a killer cap hit for 2 more seasons.

No more Nylander proposals.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
i would do it with the exception the avs give 2th round pick back or the caps change the first into a 2th rounder.

I'd change to:

to Caps: Hannan, '10 3rd
to Avs: Nylander, Schultz, '10 1st and 2nd.

CAPS get a real defender and pay to unload Nylander who doesn't fit and Schultz who may need a change of scenery to get going.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

to Avs: Nylander, Theo, schultz '10 1st, '11 1st
to CAPS: A moldy bucket of grits.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
You gotta make this worthwhile for the Avs to take on your crap. Remember where the Avs are likely to finish and where the Caps are likely to finish -- bottom 5 and top 5, respectively. So the Avs are giving up Hannan and taking on Nylander for 10 spots on your proposal? Not even close.

And we're not desperate to move Hannan or anything, and he's got value outside of a deal like this, unlike Nylander. I'd think about moving the 4th to a 3rd if the Caps tossed in a low pick or a middling prospect, that's about it.

Old
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post

I'd change to:

to Caps: Hannan, '10 3rd
to Avs: Nylander, Schultz, '10 1st and 2nd.

CAPS get a real defender and pay to unload Nylander who doesn't fit and Schultz who may need a change of scenery to get going.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

to Avs: Nylander, Theo, schultz '10 1st, '11 1st
to CAPS: A moldy bucket of grits.
I'd do the first from an Avs perspective, I very much doubt the Caps would. The second I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Old
07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
I'd do the first from an Avs perspective, I very much doubt the Caps would. The second I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
ok. How about the Avs add a complete set of skating cones no more than 2 years old?

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
BTD5504

Quote:
because he is 34, had major shoulder surgery recently and was put into the dog house and didn't get out.

not to mention his $4.875 cap hit.

not the easiest contract to move.

he can still skate and pass which is his game, he just can't do it in DC and most likely won't even get the chance too next season.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote