HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers iPhone App!

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
Hey Blue2noise, on the top of the screen what is that -37? I have iphone and ive never seen it before.
It shows my WiFi strength in numerical value instead of graphically. It's on my jailbroken 3GS

Old
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
XDAWG*

What exactly is the appeal of the I-Phone? I mean if it were on Verizon? Great! but it's not, it's on the biggest joke of a Cell company ever - Great, you can play Ding Dong Ping Pong on the train and listen to Carolina Liar's new song - but when you get off can you call your girl to pick you up? 50/50 right! i mean, gimmie a break , what can the I do that the Storm can't or any Smartphone on VZW for that matter? I mean the 3G is spotty as best, many times falling back to the AT&T Edge network.
I-Phone, awesome idea - putting it on AT&T is like Madden 2010 only being available on PS1.

Old
07-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAWG View Post
What exactly is the appeal of the I-Phone? I mean if it were on Verizon? Great! but it's not, it's on the biggest joke of a Cell company ever - Great, you can play Ding Dong Ping Pong on the train and listen to Carolina Liar's new song - but when you get off can you call your girl to pick you up? 50/50 right! i mean, gimmie a break , what can the I do that the Storm can't or any Smartphone on VZW for that matter? I mean the 3G is spotty as best, many times falling back to the AT&T Edge network.
I-Phone, awesome idea - putting it on AT&T is like Madden 2010 only being available on PS1.
Erm, I've never had connectivity/service issues with my iPhone and I've had one since the original came out in '07. I did upgrade to a 3G so I can't say I've had any experience with the 3GS but -- the appeal can be seen in the thousands of useful apps available

You mentioned "Ding Dong Ping Pong" or whatever... jokes aside, the phone is a very capable gaming platform and developers from EA to Konami to Ubisoft have all released great titles.

For me, it was the user interface that sold me. I was tired of Nokia's cheap Symbian b/s, wasn't impressed with the Blackberry platform... Apple optimized a mobile version of OSX perfectly and yeah, like any device it'll have hiccups - but it's easily the most advanced consumer user interface out there with the most potential.

To each their own, of course, but that was my two cents.

PS: F Verizon, they have great service, yeah - but talk about overcharging their customers. Christ. AT&T's exclusivity rights run out soon enough anyways - the only reason AT&T was the only company that got the iPhone was because they were the only network willing to make changes to their infrastructure to support features like "visual voicemail"... other companies didn't want to take that risk and sucks for them, as the iPhone has sold way better than anyone had expected. </rant>

Old
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Umm can you send a picture message on this advanced pile of ...I mean piece of weaponry and advanced technology - um on your 3g can you um....say Voice Command dial? Um...AT&T charges more than VZW - fact and they provide the worst service possible in the metro area.
Well, I don't really use MMS so for those that need it - I can see that being a problem. There are apps available post-jailbreak that take care of it, and for what it's worth - AT&T is implementing them with this batch of iPhones. Definitely a bit late to the party though.

As for voice command - the only time I need it is in my car, and my in-dash nav system has Bluetooth support that takes care of that... as for the charges, who knows - you might be right. Company discounts.

Different strokes for different folks, d00d.

Old
07-13-2009, 04:44 PM
XDAWG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by amendandrevise View Post
Well, I don't really use MMS so for those that need it - I can see that being a problem. There are apps available post-jailbreak that take care of it, and for what it's worth - AT&T is implementing them with this batch of iPhones. Definitely a bit late to the party though.

As for voice command - the only time I need it is in my car, and my in-dash nav system has Bluetooth support that takes care of that... as for the charges, who knows - you might be right. Company discounts.

Different strokes for different folks, d00d.
and your ATT&T signal?

Old
07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Are you living on a farm in the middle of nowhere?

Ive gone from living in Buffalo NY, Rochester NY, and Boulder CO and have never had one issue ever with problems with AT&T. I rarely am ever on the Edge network and the 3G network has been perfect for me 99% of the time.

As for what you can do on the iphone? Have you ever used one? It basically does everything but cure cancer.

1. The phone service is perfect
2. The apps are unbelievably awesome. I have everything from a level and a compass to Super Nintendo and Playstation 1. Can your Storm do that?
3. I customized my phone to have 15-20 different backgrounds of everything from my girlfriend and I to Fight Club to NYR rotating every 30 seconds. Much better than some dumb background you get from the Verizon store.

The only benefit to having anything other than the Iphone is having Verizon and having free minutes and texts to other Verizon customers. Yes I wished AT&T had that, but that is not worth losing the Iphone for.

As for comparing phones, the Iphone is at least 2 years ahead of any of its competition.

I assume you either work for Verizon or have never used an Iphone before to its capabilities. Nothing compares to it.

Or....you just hate AT&T for whatever reason and want to bash it for being smarter than Verizon and snagging Apple and their amazing Iphone exclusively for their company.

Old
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This thread has gone OT and is now not at all about the Rangers. So we're closed.