HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can you guys stil identify yourselves to the Montreal Canadiens?

Old
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Spectaculard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Easy. Are the jerseys the same? Are they playing in Montreal? With sticks and skates? If so, then yes. I can definitely identify myself to the Montreal Canadiens.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
YES.

WAaaaay, waaaay more than the previous team. I freaking despised last years edition, very happy to see almost all the guys who let me down year after year go away. People like Koivu and Kovalev, well I did too but mostly I couldn't stand at all them last year. Kovalev had an amazing all around year two years ago, but mostly, like Koivu, his play without the puck was embarassing aside from that year.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
When has that happened???

I mean, for the Habs... since Roy..? I think Roy was the only one in the last 30 years or so. It's not like its a common occurence.
what about beauchemin?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
what about beauchemin?
Beauchemin played one or two games with the Habs.... its not like you had all the time in the world to fall in love with him as a Habs... and don't tell me you were by watching him in the NHL, to his own account, he wasn't even ready to play in the NHL when Gainey lost him to the knucklehead MacLean who didn't follow the concensus among GMs.

He wasn't even all that good when he played in Columbus. He got good when he played alongside Niedermayer before Pronger came over.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Yeah! I'm 5 foot 9 too!

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
KadrüH

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Can't wait to see how they pronounce the names...

Gomez = Joemech

Gionta = Guyonte

Cammalleri = Cammeyeri

Spacek = Spaceman

Gill = Guile

Mara = Mère

Moen = Vokonne
Moen = Vokonne LOLL. I wasn't expecting that.

For the same reason as many, i'm cheering for the logo, the team, the history, not for a player.
I'll miss Kovalev though..

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Can't wait to see how they pronounce the names...

Spacek = Spaceman
So far what I've been hearing on the radio (at CKAC 730) from show hosts who can't pronounce his name right is:

SPAY (like in Spain) - SEC (like in second)

SPAYSEC

Atrocious.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
There's a logo on the front of the jersey that's bigger than any player that we've ever had, well maybe except one.

And Kovalev, when you think of the Habs, really?
I'm with you.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:38 PM
marvelousmotion

What kind of question is that.. Did most of you only start to watch hockey recently? As long as this team still exists, how can you not identify yourself to the Montreal Canadiens?

Com'on man, there are 15 retired jerseys hanging on the ceiling of the Bell Centre and when you think of the Montreal Canadiens, all you could come up with is Alex.. freakin' Kov..a..lev?!

This guy was a disaster and I'm glad that he is not part of the team anymore. All the people who worshiped him like a god should be ashamed of themselves. This guy is like a disgrace to all the great players who once wore and bleeded in this bleu-blanc-rouge jersey.

Out of all the players who left the team, the only one you should have attached yourself to is Saku Koivu. He has been the identity, heart and soul of this team for the last 10 years. You could care less about the rest of the guys leaving.

Anyways, here's another question for you while we're at it...

Are you a Habs fan (who cheers for the hockey team) or are you a hockey player groupie (who only cheers for certain players) ?

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Kirk Muller

I still identify with the team but currently might not be as strong as it was until we get to watch some of these guys and build an emotional bond so to speak. With guys like Koivu and Komisarek you watched from the moment they started in the NHL and followed their careers and grew to love and in some hate them. At this point i don't have that attachment to these new guys just yet.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
AIRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
I like our new team. I'm sure we'll do great this season. Still and always will be a Habs fan.
Simply like that! Montreal, even in his poor years has always gave me some great hockey moments! I will forever be a Habs fans! I'm very excited about the 2009-2010 season!!!

AIRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
DaHabMan

ill always identify with the team, its the logo on the front that matters the most, not the name on the back.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Habsfanatical

I'm 31 and have been a HABS fan for 16 going on 17 years now.. Before that growing up I knew, respected and honoured the tradition of the NHL's most storied franchise (how could you not? HABS fan or not!) But didn't cheer for the teams as much as individual players.. And as Denis Savard was and is my fav player.. Seeing him raise the cup with MONTREAL in '93 made me stick with the HABS.. I've seen a lot of players come and go but my heart never strayed! All the CUPS.. All the players.. All the records.. All of the religion that the HABS have become to the people of Montreal, Quebec, Canada and the world.. That can't be replaced by the changing of the guard.. That's just a new chapter, a new beginning so to speak.. We can't be afraid of change becuase each dynasty was brought about by change.. I love Koivu and I'm sorry to see him go but everyone didn't have half the heart that our leader had IMO.. All though I'm not over joyed at a few of the cap hit wonders.. I think Mr.Gainey has filed the team with players that play one way.. They bring it every night.. I personally like the possible line combos of each and every line.. My lines

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-???-A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
S.Kotitsyn-Metropolit-Laraque

Markov-Gorges
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Mara

I'm Stoked for opening .. A new page has been turned and if we can gel we present a threat each and every night!! And yes, Price will bounce back with a better defensively STRUCTURED team in front of him.. Price is supposed to be right where he is! He hasn't really seen a consistent team in front yet in his young career and this year will prove to be his coming out party! Just a little fact but Luongo didn't post his first 30 win year till his 4th or 5th year.. Plus Price hasn't actually played the games of a true #1 goalie because of Huet and an injury in his first 2 years..

I hope this makes sense because its late and I'm smoked hahaha

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote