HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Souray Picture

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2004, 03:33 PM
  #1
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Souray Picture

In his colorful new uniform....and he's wearing a visor.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0410...ray-46_368.jpg

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
  #2
Petey21
Registered User
 
Petey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Here are two other pics of him as well.

http://www.farjestadsbk.se/bilder/C2...uray-web-1.jpg

http://www.farjestadsbk.se/bilder/C2...uray-web-2.jpg

Petey21 is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM
  #3
CH74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
It's so unusual to see him in that uniform that it almost look like a photoshop.

CH74 is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 04:13 PM
  #4
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
In his colorful new uniform....and he's wearing a visor.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0410...ray-46_368.jpg

He certainly looks menacing. Menacing like the Purple Pie Man.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 04:36 PM
  #5
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,243
vCash: 500
Almost looks like the old Sabres jersey...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 04:52 PM
  #6
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Souray looks like a human billboard in that uniform. I'd rather see him in the Bleu Blanc Rouge uniform.


rocketlives is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
  #7
Masao
Registered User
 
Masao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,832
vCash: 500
Purple... cute.

Masao is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 05:01 PM
  #8
Alexander Ovechkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal , Québec
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Good picture !!

Alexander Ovechkin is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 07:38 PM
  #9
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Souray looks like a human billboard in that uniform. I'd rather see him in the Bleu Blanc Rouge uniform.

The european leagues get most of their profit from advertisers, not the fans

Over here, the owners pick away from the fans pocket as the major source of revenue...

those jerseys look ridiculous.... but at least a european fan can take his family out to the game for a night out.

Hackett is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 03:16 AM
  #10
Robocop
Registered User
 
Robocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Falun, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
I have to show you Ryder in his new jersey then... If I can...
Hmmm... lets se if this work.
http://www.leksandstars.com/index.ph...&readmore=1002

Robocop is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 07:49 AM
  #11
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop
I have to show you Ryder in his new jersey then... If I can...
Hmmm... lets se if this work.
http://www.leksandstars.com/index.ph...&readmore=1002

ew

velimiiro is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 07:52 AM
  #12
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Smile Michael, you're on Candid Camera. The collar is a nice touch.:lol

BLNY is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 08:02 AM
  #13
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
He certainly looks menacing. Menacing like the Purple Pie Man.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 09:07 AM
  #14
Blackshad
Registered User
 
Blackshad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
How cute, he looks so small in his new uniform

Blackshad is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 11:11 AM
  #15
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
The european leagues get most of their profit from advertisers, not the fans

Over here, the owners pick away from the fans pocket as the major source of revenue...

those jerseys look ridiculous.... but at least a european fan can take his family out to the game for a night out.
Can the NHL teams have similar advertsing on their uniforms. That would bring lots of cash...isn't that allowed?

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
  #16
Masao
Registered User
 
Masao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Can the NHL teams have similar advertsing on their uniforms. That would bring lots of cash...isn't that allowed?
It would look like an acid trip.

Masao is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 04:22 PM
  #17
JF
Registered User
 
JF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
They look like fricking F1 cars with all these ads!

JF is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  #18
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
If the players wearing ads on their uniforms keeps the price of hockey down then I'd be all for it in the NHL. Although I don't think that they'd do it. At least not to that extent.

Moester is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 09:01 PM
  #19
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Anyone remember when Harold Ballard put the Hamilton Tiger Cat image on the boards at Maple Leaf Gardens? (Ballard owned the Ti-Cats as well as the Leafs at that time.) Anyway, he was ordered by the NHL to remove the image from the boards. Today though, the boards at every NHL rink are covered with advertisements. Change comes slowly; maybe someday we'll see ads on players uniforms. I'm sure marketers in North America love the idea.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 03:05 AM
  #20
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Anyone remember when Harold Ballard put the Hamilton Tiger Cat image on the boards at Maple Leaf Gardens? (Ballard owned the Ti-Cats as well as the Leafs at that time.) Anyway, he was ordered by the NHL to remove the image from the boards. Today though, the boards at every NHL rink are covered with advertisements. Change comes slowly; maybe someday we'll see ads on players uniforms. I'm sure marketers in North America love the idea.
It's all over in Europe, not only in Hockey but in soccer too, and it brings lots of cash.

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 03:51 AM
  #21
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Can the NHL teams have similar advertsing on their uniforms. That would bring lots of cash...isn't that allowed?

there must be a rule against adding some advertisments on jerseys and stuff........ cuz I'm sure all the teams in the NHL would have advertising coming out of their rear end by now if it were allowed..... I dont think the management would give a damn how the jerseys look as long as they open news sources of cash.

Maybe someone out there knows the exact NHL rules on this topic

Hackett is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 06:50 AM
  #22
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21
Two more pics here from the same site.

http://www.farjestadsbk.se/showpage.asp?PID=1398006272

Kronblom is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 07:29 AM
  #23
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett

Maybe someone out there knows the exact NHL rules on this topic
I think this might be it.

http://nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule24a.html

Marksman is offline  
Old
10-25-2004, 11:26 AM
  #24
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,057
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
Two more pics here from the same site.

http://www.farjestadsbk.se/showpage.asp?PID=1398006272
Stick it to em Sheldon!!

Tuggy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.