HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mock Draft?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2004, 02:01 PM
  #1
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Mock Draft?

I was wondering if any of you fans have done a mock draft for 2005 yet?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
  #2
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
This is just too early at this point.

markov` is offline  
Old
10-22-2004, 05:45 PM
  #3
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
I kind of hoping to get an early opinion to where Marc Staal would be picked

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 03:23 PM
  #4
Sticky*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I kind of hoping to get an early opinion to where Marc Staal would be picked
People have him ranked anywhere from 15-25, but I have stated in the past that by the end of the season, I have no doubt that he will be in heavy consideration for the top 10. Simply too much upside and promise, and the genes don't hurt either. Plays his heart out every single game, leaves nothing on the ice. Work ethic like his Eric (his brother).

Sticky* is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 04:32 PM
  #5
#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I kind of hoping to get an early opinion to where Marc Staal would be picked
I would have him ranked around 14-18, hes got some good upside to him

#2 is offline  
Old
10-23-2004, 07:25 PM
  #6
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
People have him ranked anywhere from 15-25, but I have stated in the past that by the end of the season, I have no doubt that he will be in heavy consideration for the top 10. Simply too much upside and promise, and the genes don't hurt either. Plays his heart out every single game, leaves nothing on the ice. Work ethic like his Eric (his brother).
Usually players like this get picked higher than their talent because of their bloodlines. A few examples would be Marcel Hossa, Mikko Koivu or Ryan Sittler. Which would make Staal a very high pick in 2005

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 02:07 PM
  #7
Puckhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Behind you!!!
Country: Italy
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Usually players like this get picked higher than their talent because of their bloodlines. A few examples would be Marcel Hossa, Mikko Koivu or Ryan Sittler. Which would make Staal a very high pick in 2005
Lets just hope he fares better in the NHL than your examples...YIKES!

Puckhead is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 06:26 PM
  #8
Newfie Bruin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
made this just before the CHL started
1. F Sidney Crosby QMJHL
2. F Gilbert Brule WHL
3. F Guillaume Latendresse QMJHL
4. D Jakub Kindl CZE
5. F Daniel Bertram NCAA
6. D Jack Johnson NCAA
7. F Andrew Cogliano OPJRA
8. F Chris Durand WHL
9. F Niklas Bergfors SWE
10. D Vitaly Anikeenko RUS
11. F Bobby Ryan OHL
12. G Tuukka Rask FIN
13. F Marek Zagrapan QMJHL
14. D Matt Lashoff OHL
15. G J.P. Levasseur QMJHL
16. F Devin Setoguchi WHL
17. F Ryan O'Marra OHL
18.F Michael Blunden OHL
19. D Teemu Laakso FIN
20. F Christoph Gawlick GER
21. D Marc Staal OHL
22. G Ryan Mior QMJHL
23.D Jakub Vojta CZE
24. F Gennady Churilov QMJHL
25. F Daniel Ryder OHL
26. Denis Istomin, F, Russia
27. Nick Drazenovic, C,(WHL)
28. F Alex Bourret QMJHL
29. G Carey Price WHL
30. D J.P. Paquet QMJHL
31. D Ryan Wilson, OHL D
32. DLuc Bourdon QMJHL
33. D Risto Korhonen FIN
34. Anze Kopitar, F, Slovenia
35. DVyacheslav Buravchikov RUS
36. D Ray Macias WHL
37. F Ilya Zubov RUS
38. G Alexandre Vincent QMJHL
39. Miika Lahti, F, Finland
40. D Brendan Mikkelson WHL
41. F Sergei Kostitsyn BEL
42. F T.J. Hensick NCAA
43. Alexander Sundström, F, Sweden
44. F Jack SKille USA
45. Morten Madsen, F, Denmark
46. Marek Bartanus, F, Slovakia
47. D Mike Gauthier WHL
48. D Kyle Lamb, D, OHL
49. F Mikko Lehtonen FIN
50. F Egor Zharkov QMJHL
51. Scott Jackson, D, WHL
52. Dustin Kohn ,D, (WHL)
53. D Ryan Parent OHL
54. F Patrick Davis OHL
55. D Patrick McNeill OHL
56. F Brock Bradford USHL
57. D Devereaux Heshmatpour OHL
58. Tom Wandell, F, Sweden
59. F Justin Saulnier QMJHL
60. F Martin Hanzal CZE
61.D Tomas Kudelka CZE
62 D Andrei Zubarev RUS
63 Adam Hobson, F, (WHL)
64 DAndrew Andricopoulos QMJHL
65 D Phil Oreskovich OHL
66 Alex Sopin, F, Russia
67 Nate Hagemo ,D, USA
68 Vladimir Sobotka, F, Czech Republic
69 Erkka Leppanen, Finland
70 F Nathan Gerbe, F, USA
71 Alexander Bumagin, LW, Russia
72 Riley Merkley, F, Canada
73 F Ryan Stoa USA
74 Perttu Lindgren, F, Finland
75 Vladimar Kovac G, Slovakia
76 D Mike Stuart USA
77 Marc Andre Cote, F, QMJHL

Newfie Bruin is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
  #9
Sticky*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Parent is a lot better than 53, trust me. He'll got late first. Lost of developing to do, reminds me of Colaicovo when he was in the OHL. NOt a leafs homer either, I hate them.


Last edited by montreal: 10-24-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Sticky* is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 09:06 PM
  #10
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Daniel Ryder is another player with NHL bloodlines. Size may hurt his drafting position though.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 11:22 PM
  #11
borro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 500
Anikeeno is listed as Anikienko at Russian Prospects. Which is right?

Kindl is too high unless he starts to adapt his game and increase his "physicality".

Cogliano may be a sexy pick but seems to be rated a bit too higly here.

Ryan O'Marra and Michael Blunden seem like Top10 to me.

Levasseur will go before Raask.

Anton Belov may break in Top20. You don't even have him Top77 and he is rated #4 and is 6'3 189.


Having said that, excellent list! I haven't seen these guys in person so I could be missing something easily!

Latest Top10 guess...

1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. O'Marra
4. Latendresse
5. Anikienko
6. Levasseur
7. Johnson
8. Blunden
9. Staal
10.Kindl


Last edited by borro: 10-24-2004 at 11:26 PM.
borro is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 11:29 PM
  #12
borro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 500
Guys close to Top 10:
Bertram-Injury has knocked him back a bit
Ryan
Cogliano
Durand
Bergfors
Zagrapan-Seems to be adjusting well to NA Hockey.
Raask
Ryder
Staal

borro is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 11:42 PM
  #13
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Alex Bourret too

Sweeney is offline  
Old
10-25-2004, 01:01 PM
  #14
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Zagrapan-Seems to be adjusting well to NA Hockey.
I've seen this guy play lately and he is very talented. But there is something about his game I just do not like

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
10-25-2004, 01:11 PM
  #15
Sticky*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Anikeeno is listed as Anikienko at Russian Prospects. Which is right?

Kindl is too high unless he starts to adapt his game and increase his "physicality".

Cogliano may be a sexy pick but seems to be rated a bit too higly here.

Ryan O'Marra and Michael Blunden seem like Top10 to me.

Levasseur will go before Raask.

Anton Belov may break in Top20. You don't even have him Top77 and he is rated #4 and is 6'3 189.


Having said that, excellent list! I haven't seen these guys in person so I could be missing something easily!

Latest Top10 guess...

1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. O'Marra
4. Latendresse
5. Anikienko
6. Levasseur
7. Johnson
8. Blunden
9. Staal
10.Kindl
I like where you have Staal. Could still move up to the top 5 (IMHO).

Sticky* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.