HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf skates part deux

Old
07-13-2009, 10:23 AM
frito

vCash: 500
Graf skates part deux

For the past few years, my daughter has only been able to wear female specific skates, specifically Mission AGW. Now that Bauer has bought Mission and is discontinuing its ice lineup the only sizes left even on the web are smaller than her current skates. She tried on a pair of Graf 707's yesterday and she really liked them. She is only 12 so the thought of spening $400 on a pair of skates sends shivers up my spine. I see that they have a 503 series that is more comparable in cost to her Missions but nobody in our area (Cincinnati) has any. I am not willing to buy anything she can't actually try on. Does anybody know of anyplace who carries a large selection of Graf's in he Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, maybe even southern Michigan area? I'd be willing to take a mini road trip to try some on.

Thanks.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
JayK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
For the past few years, my daughter has only been able to wear female specific skates, specifically Mission AGW. Now that Bauer has bought Mission and is discontinuing its ice lineup the only sizes left even on the web are smaller than her current skates. She tried on a pair of Graf 707's yesterday and she really liked them. She is only 12 so the thought of spening $400 on a pair of skates sends shivers up my spine. I see that they have a 503 series that is more comparable in cost to her Missions but nobody in our area (Cincinnati) has any. I am not willing to buy anything she can't actually try on. Does anybody know of anyplace who carries a large selection of Graf's in he Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, maybe even southern Michigan area? I'd be willing to take a mini road trip to try some on.

Thanks.
i admire your dedication for your daughter. good luck and let us know the outcome

JayK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

have you tried looking online?

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:42 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

http://www.hockeygear.com/graf503supbr.html

that's all i could find, it's nearly 2 am here so i'm going to sleep, good luck with your search.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK1204 View Post
i admire your dedication for your daughter. good luck and let us know the outcome
Thanks. I actually found a place in CT via the web that have a few Missions left. While I was hoping to get her a 9 1/2 they didn't have any so I am getting a 9 and a 10. Even though I'm getting two pair it still works out to be cheaper than buying the Grafs - and it's a skate I know she's comfortable in. Best of all, it should take care of her for quite a few years - I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
have you tried looking online?
I have for the Missions. I really don't want to buy the Graf online. From what I've read, their different lines cater to different types of feet. So while the 707 might fit her well, I don't know for sure if the 503 will. I'm trying to find a place not too far from home where she can actually try on the different styles of Graf. Hopefully it's a moot point since I finally tracked down some Missions.

Now, if I can only convince Bauer to at least bring back the women's line of Mission I'll be golden.

Thanks to both of you.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote