HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

An Open Letter to Carey Price

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2009, 02:19 AM
CFHLech

vCash: 500
An Open Letter to Carey Price

Hey Carey. Remember this shot?

It's the summer time, your relaxing with the boys, had a few, and you're enjoying a nice cigarette. These are good times my friend. I also excessively enjoy too many drinks and cigarettes. In fact, if we went to school together I'm sure we'd pound back some cold ones and party. That doesn't make you a bad guy and I don't think anyone should hate you for that; you're a dude just like me!

The only problem is, dude, I'm not making $2,200,000 a year to be an athlete for the most important God damn team in the universe. Hey, I slack off at work like the best of them, but I don't have millions of people worldwide counting on me to deliver them to the Stanley Cup. Because this is what its all about. It's not about you, it never was. It's about the most important God damn team, in the universe. Until you get that through your head, you will become the next Jose Theodore, or Jocelyn Thibault. The fans cheer for you not because they want you to win, its because they want to win along with the team.

You could be great. You could be something those two has-beens could never accomplish if they had career years every year. Bob Gainey has called you a thoroughbred and I don't think he's blowing hot air. I believe him, because for the first time since Patrick Roy (which also happens to be the last goalie I remember actually playing so don't let this inflate your head, kid) I see potential greatness. I think 'if my goalie plays the way I know he can, we can win almost every game we play'. That's how I felt with Patrick.

Say what you want, Bob Gainey is doing everything in his power to win now. He could have blown this team up, waited for your immature ass to grow up, and then gone for the push, but he didn't. He signed big name players and a defensive minded coach to work with you. Imagine Patrick Roy, at your age, with this team. That is a Stanley Cup winning team. He always played with very mediocre teams yet he took Les Glorieux to the cup final 3 times in 8 years. Then with a real team like Colorado he did it some more. So the most important God damn team in the universe needs you to shape your fat ass up, become a professional, and grow up. This isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs where failure is expected. We need to win. Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Yankees. This is who we're competing with.

This upcoming season depends on you more so than on anyone else. So become this thoroughbred, play your ass off, take us to the Promised Land, or we'll ship you off to the first has-been NHL team we see. We've been starving; we demand it!

Signed,

Lech Nowak

PS: I'm a big fan

Old
07-14-2009, 02:33 AM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Man ... the shnitz I used to do at 22 ...

Old
07-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Catamo
NHL2com League

vCash: 1171
I swear Montreal fans are the most ballistic hardcore fans on the face of the earth.

Old
07-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Old
07-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

scary

Old
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Woland

Seriously ...chill out .

Old
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
snap-bar

wow. let carey live his life

Old
07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Good post, these other guys are out to lunch.

Old
07-14-2009, 03:21 AM
LyNX27

In before the lock...

Old
07-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Artyukhin*

thread should be renamed

junk mail to Price

Old
07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Derek Zoolander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Good post, these other guys are out to lunch.
Agreed 100% - what's wrong with wanting another St Patrick?

Old
07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
Agreed 100% - what's wrong with wanting another St Patrick?
Well I breast that boobie the headlights if he wants to milk bags... sorry, post hijacked by your avatar.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:47 AM
the vinyl version

Lech Nowak,

Meh.

Sincerely,
Carey Price

Old
07-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Artyukhin*

has anyone tired open letter to Terry Ryan? or Jan Bulis yet?

Old
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
ThaDevilGirl

This is almost disturbing...

Old
07-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Ludo

kinda surprised by the negative reaction. Letter is well written and outlines expectations of fans paying 200$ to see their team play and win...nothing wrong there.

If people wanted to live their lives "pressure-free", professional sports is not the right career path.

I personally have a lot of faith in a Price rebound this year.

Old
07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
kinda surprised by the negative reaction. Letter is well written and outlines expectations of fans paying 200$ to see their team play and win...nothing wrong there.

If people wanted to live their lives "pressure-free", professional sports is not the right career path.

I personally have a lot of faith in a Price rebound this year.
Price requests trade coming soon

Old
07-14-2009, 06:15 AM
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer

I think I love this post.

Old
07-14-2009, 06:18 AM
coachwithoutahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Or letters from stabby town.
HAHAHAHA

Old
07-14-2009, 06:25 AM
coachwithoutahead

"Live vicariously through NHL players on 3! 1...2...FML"

Old
07-14-2009, 06:33 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
has anyone tired open letter to Terry Ryan? or Jan Bulis yet?
Yes, but they chose to take the Jose Theodore and Jocelyn Thibault option of the letter.

Old
07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Wow...Who the hell cares if he smokes? The picture was taken last offseason. For all you know he's just a social smoker. And if not, really, who cares?

Guy Lafleur smoked during intermissions. It doesn't mean ****.

Old
07-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
seriously get a life
just chill out it is god dam July.
***** and moan about him if he plays like crap and it is February ffs

Old
07-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

The captaincy should go to the player who straightens Marlboro Man out.

It could be like a reality show.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHLech View Post
Hey Carey. Remember this shot?

It's the summer time, your relaxing with the boys, had a few, and you're enjoying a nice cigarette. These are good times my friend. I also excessively enjoy too many drinks and cigarettes. In fact, if we went to school together I'm sure we'd pound back some cold ones and party. That doesn't make you a bad guy and I don't think anyone should hate you for that; you're a dude just like me!

The only problem is, dude, I'm not making $2,200,000 a year to be an athlete for the most important God damn team in the universe. Hey, I slack off at work like the best of them, but I don't have millions of people worldwide counting on me to deliver them to the Stanley Cup. Because this is what its all about. It's not about you, it never was. It's about the most important God damn team, in the universe. Until you get that through your head, you will become the next Jose Theodore, or Jocelyn Thibault. The fans cheer for you not because they want you to win, its because they want to win along with the team.

You could be great. You could be something those two has-beens could never accomplish if they had career years every year. Bob Gainey has called you a thoroughbred and I don't think he's blowing hot air. I believe him, because for the first time since Patrick Roy (which also happens to be the last goalie I remember actually playing so don't let this inflate your head, kid) I see potential greatness. I think 'if my goalie plays the way I know he can, we can win almost every game we play'. That's how I felt with Patrick.

Say what you want, Bob Gainey is doing everything in his power to win now. He could have blown this team up, waited for your immature ass to grow up, and then gone for the push, but he didn't. He signed big name players and a defensive minded coach to work with you. Imagine Patrick Roy, at your age, with this team. That is a Stanley Cup winning team. He always played with very mediocre teams yet he took Les Glorieux to the cup final 3 times in 8 years. Then with a real team like Colorado he did it some more. So the most important God damn team in the universe needs you to shape your fat ass up, become a professional, and grow up. This isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs where failure is expected. We need to win. Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Yankees. This is who we're competing with.

This upcoming season depends on you more so than on anyone else. So become this thoroughbred, play your ass off, take us to the Promised Land, or we'll ship you off to the first has-been NHL team we see. We've been starving; we demand it!

Signed,

Lech Nowak

PS: I'm a big fan
You may as well send this crazy fan letter to all the players then too...it takes a team to win, not one player.

Do you honestly think he is selfish. A slacker. A spoiled child???

This is idiotic and I don't care if the Mod's warn me, why should such drivel be on here?

Closed Thread