HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

An Open Letter to Carey Price

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2009, 02:19 AM
  #1
CFHLech
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
An Open Letter to Carey Price

Hey Carey. Remember this shot?



It's the summer time, your relaxing with the boys, had a few, and you're enjoying a nice cigarette. These are good times my friend. I also excessively enjoy too many drinks and cigarettes. In fact, if we went to school together I'm sure we'd pound back some cold ones and party. That doesn't make you a bad guy and I don't think anyone should hate you for that; you're a dude just like me!

The only problem is, dude, I'm not making $2,200,000 a year to be an athlete for the most important God damn team in the universe. Hey, I slack off at work like the best of them, but I don't have millions of people worldwide counting on me to deliver them to the Stanley Cup. Because this is what its all about. It's not about you, it never was. It's about the most important God damn team, in the universe. Until you get that through your head, you will become the next Jose Theodore, or Jocelyn Thibault. The fans cheer for you not because they want you to win, its because they want to win along with the team.

You could be great. You could be something those two has-beens could never accomplish if they had career years every year. Bob Gainey has called you a thoroughbred and I don't think he's blowing hot air. I believe him, because for the first time since Patrick Roy (which also happens to be the last goalie I remember actually playing so don't let this inflate your head, kid) I see potential greatness. I think 'if my goalie plays the way I know he can, we can win almost every game we play'. That's how I felt with Patrick.

Say what you want, Bob Gainey is doing everything in his power to win now. He could have blown this team up, waited for your immature ass to grow up, and then gone for the push, but he didn't. He signed big name players and a defensive minded coach to work with you. Imagine Patrick Roy, at your age, with this team. That is a Stanley Cup winning team. He always played with very mediocre teams yet he took Les Glorieux to the cup final 3 times in 8 years. Then with a real team like Colorado he did it some more. So the most important God damn team in the universe needs you to shape your fat ass up, become a professional, and grow up. This isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs where failure is expected. We need to win. Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Yankees. This is who we're competing with.

This upcoming season depends on you more so than on anyone else. So become this thoroughbred, play your ass off, take us to the Promised Land, or we'll ship you off to the first has-been NHL team we see. We've been starving; we demand it!

Signed,

Lech Nowak

PS: I'm a big fan

CFHLech is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 02:33 AM
  #2
ROEN
HabsHQ
 
ROEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Man ... the shnitz I used to do at 22 ...

ROEN is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 02:40 AM
  #3
Catamo
NHL2com League
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 1171
I swear Montreal fans are the most ballistic hardcore fans on the face of the earth.

Catamo is online now  
Old
07-14-2009, 02:41 AM
  #4
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500

Galchenyum is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 02:43 AM
  #5
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
scary

Quarantesix is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
  #6
Woland
Registered User
 
Woland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
Seriously ...chill out .

Woland is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
  #7
snap-bar
Registered User
 
snap-bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
wow. let carey live his life

snap-bar is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
  #8
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Good post, these other guys are out to lunch.

Lord Horse is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 03:21 AM
  #9
LyNX27
Registered User
 
LyNX27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
In before the lock...

LyNX27 is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 03:32 AM
  #10
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
thread should be renamed


junk mail to Price

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
  #11
Derek Zoolander
Registered User
 
Derek Zoolander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hermiston, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Good post, these other guys are out to lunch.
Agreed 100% - what's wrong with wanting another St Patrick?

Derek Zoolander is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
  #12
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
Agreed 100% - what's wrong with wanting another St Patrick?
Well I breast that boobie the headlights if he wants to milk bags... sorry, post hijacked by your avatar.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 05:47 AM
  #13
the vinyl version
Registered User
 
the vinyl version's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Lech Nowak,

Meh.

Sincerely,
Carey Price

the vinyl version is online now  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:01 AM
  #14
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
has anyone tired open letter to Terry Ryan? or Jan Bulis yet?

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
  #15
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 8,477
vCash: 500
This is almost disturbing...

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:11 AM
  #16
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
kinda surprised by the negative reaction. Letter is well written and outlines expectations of fans paying 200$ to see their team play and win...nothing wrong there.

If people wanted to live their lives "pressure-free", professional sports is not the right career path.

I personally have a lot of faith in a Price rebound this year.

Ludo is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
  #17
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
kinda surprised by the negative reaction. Letter is well written and outlines expectations of fans paying 200$ to see their team play and win...nothing wrong there.

If people wanted to live their lives "pressure-free", professional sports is not the right career path.

I personally have a lot of faith in a Price rebound this year.
Price requests trade coming soon

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:15 AM
  #18
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,885
vCash: 500
I think I love this post.

HellasLEAF is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:18 AM
  #19
coachwithoutahead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Or letters from stabby town.
HAHAHAHA

coachwithoutahead is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:25 AM
  #20
coachwithoutahead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
"Live vicariously through NHL players on 3! 1...2...FML"

coachwithoutahead is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:33 AM
  #21
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
has anyone tired open letter to Terry Ryan? or Jan Bulis yet?
Yes, but they chose to take the Jose Theodore and Jocelyn Thibault option of the letter.

bib is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
  #22
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,949
vCash: 500
Wow...Who the hell cares if he smokes? The picture was taken last offseason. For all you know he's just a social smoker. And if not, really, who cares?

Guy Lafleur smoked during intermissions. It doesn't mean ****.

waffledave is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:51 AM
  #23
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,762
vCash: 50
seriously get a life
just chill out it is god dam July.
***** and moan about him if he plays like crap and it is February ffs

Pavelec4MVP is offline  
Old
07-14-2009, 06:59 AM
  #24
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
The captaincy should go to the player who straightens Marlboro Man out.

It could be like a reality show.

Agnostic is online now  
Old
07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
  #25
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHLech View Post
Hey Carey. Remember this shot?



It's the summer time, your relaxing with the boys, had a few, and you're enjoying a nice cigarette. These are good times my friend. I also excessively enjoy too many drinks and cigarettes. In fact, if we went to school together I'm sure we'd pound back some cold ones and party. That doesn't make you a bad guy and I don't think anyone should hate you for that; you're a dude just like me!

The only problem is, dude, I'm not making $2,200,000 a year to be an athlete for the most important God damn team in the universe. Hey, I slack off at work like the best of them, but I don't have millions of people worldwide counting on me to deliver them to the Stanley Cup. Because this is what its all about. It's not about you, it never was. It's about the most important God damn team, in the universe. Until you get that through your head, you will become the next Jose Theodore, or Jocelyn Thibault. The fans cheer for you not because they want you to win, its because they want to win along with the team.

You could be great. You could be something those two has-beens could never accomplish if they had career years every year. Bob Gainey has called you a thoroughbred and I don't think he's blowing hot air. I believe him, because for the first time since Patrick Roy (which also happens to be the last goalie I remember actually playing so don't let this inflate your head, kid) I see potential greatness. I think 'if my goalie plays the way I know he can, we can win almost every game we play'. That's how I felt with Patrick.

Say what you want, Bob Gainey is doing everything in his power to win now. He could have blown this team up, waited for your immature ass to grow up, and then gone for the push, but he didn't. He signed big name players and a defensive minded coach to work with you. Imagine Patrick Roy, at your age, with this team. That is a Stanley Cup winning team. He always played with very mediocre teams yet he took Les Glorieux to the cup final 3 times in 8 years. Then with a real team like Colorado he did it some more. So the most important God damn team in the universe needs you to shape your fat ass up, become a professional, and grow up. This isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs where failure is expected. We need to win. Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Yankees. This is who we're competing with.

This upcoming season depends on you more so than on anyone else. So become this thoroughbred, play your ass off, take us to the Promised Land, or we'll ship you off to the first has-been NHL team we see. We've been starving; we demand it!

Signed,

Lech Nowak

PS: I'm a big fan
You may as well send this crazy fan letter to all the players then too...it takes a team to win, not one player.

Do you honestly think he is selfish. A slacker. A spoiled child???



This is idiotic and I don't care if the Mod's warn me, why should such drivel be on here?

RE-HABS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.