HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR and CAR

Old
07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
AXN

vCash: 500
NYR and CAR

Zherdev for Babchuk.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
AK

Babchuk was a healthy scratch for his team's biggest games of the season, and when he came back for a final game, he was a goat.

He's not a bad trading chip, but he's definitely not worth Zherdev straight up.

My two cents, anyway.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
coolbean04

Rumors say that the Rangers are interested in Babchuk and Ruutu. What would it take to get both?

I don't think Zherdev can land both of them so what else? I also think Carolina should get a clause in the deal where if they can't or don't want to sign Zherdev after the year, they get a 2nd round pick for not keeping Zherdev. This will at least protect them in case he bails to the KHL which I doubt he'll do.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I doubt we're willing to pay for Zherdev if we won't give Babchuk more than his qualifying offer.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
I doubt we're willing to pay for Zherdev if we won't give Babchuk more than his qualifying offer.
The difference is, Babchuk's only being given his QO because JR's holding a grudge. I don't believe Zherdev has any kind of history with Rutherford.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Is Ruutu expected to stay with Car after his arbitration? Or will his award be too much? What about something like Zherdev + 3rd for Babchuk and Ruutu?

Zherdev more than replaces Ruutu's production.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Is Ruutu expected to stay with Car after his arbitration? Or will his award be too much? What about something like Zherdev + 3rd for Babchuk and Ruutu?

Zherdev more than replaces Ruutu's production.
Just from what's being given to the media, it appears that the only debate with Ruutu is the length of contract. He applied for arbitration because it prevented other teams from throwing out offer sheets.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

One post about the Sather being interested and all of a sudden Babchuck is a "must get" for the Rangers.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Chrispy

CAR and Ruutu are negotiating a long-term deal. I think they'll work that out, so I don't think it gets to arbitration on the 30th. I'd be very surprised to see Ruutu dealt. The team likes him, the fans like him, and he's happy in Raleigh. Even if it's a 1-year deal, I expect they will make every effort to sign him next summer.

The bigger issue with this deal is that Rutherford wants to use the money from dealing Babchuk and possibly buying out Kaberle to get another defenseman or 2. If the Canes acquire Zherdev at his arbitration value, the money isn't there under the Canes budget for a defenseman.

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
AXN

Zherdev is better than Babchuk. Babchuk looks like he had a good season. I am surprided nobody from Carolina said ok. If they let Zherdev walk he could be an Islander. Would be a huge mistake.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

If I'm the Hurricanes I only do this if Ruutu is not returning.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
If I'm the Hurricanes I only do this if Ruutu is not returning.
Yeah, this is why I inquired about Ruutu getting signed. If he wasn't, they'd need another guy to replace him, hence Zherdev. Sounds like he's going to be signed though, so looks like it won't work.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

If I am the Hurricanes I make this deal. Adding another piece of fire power to take the pressure off Staal would be a big help. If Maurice can motivate Zherdev and get him to buy into his system, it can turn out to be a good trade for the Canes. Babchuk gets a fresh new start after having some issues arise in the past (contract disputes) and brings youth and depth to the Rangers blueline.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:31 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Zherdev for Babchuk.
Personally I've always liked Babchuk---He can be the PP QB that we've been looking for.I make this deal in a N.Y minute.The only prolem I see is that the Rangers would be bringing in another D-man which is one area that the Rangers are stacked for years to come.Could open up another deal down the road.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Vitto79

I am thinking the Canes are more interested in adding a Dman instead of a Forward

what about Rozsival for Babchuk and Kaberle

5 million for Rozy

Babchuk was offered 1 million from Carolina but Rangers will give him more. To make the salary work Rangers can take Kabere's 2.2 million so the Canes are adding about 2.8 to their current payrol and that makes them hit around 50 with more to spend on Ruutu being back

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitto79
I am thinking the Canes are more interested in adding a Dman instead of a Forward

5 million for Rozy

Babchuk was offered 1 million from Carolina but Rangers will give him more. To make the salary work Rangers can take Kabere's 2.2 million so the Canes are adding about 2.8 to their current payrol and that makes them hit around 50 with more to spend on Ruutu being back
I'd have to say no. Canes have the cap space, but they have their own internal budget. Bringing on an extra $2.8M while still having to sign Ruutu and another defensemen (we need to bring in 2), isn't gonna happen.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
RANGERSin4

I personally would prefer Ruutu over Babs.

Rozsy + Z for Babchuk + Ruutu.

RANGERSin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:51 PM
semin4captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

5 million for Rozy

The problem with this is that Rozsival's contract runs three more years, while Kaberle's expires after this season.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Babchuk View Post
The problem with this is that Rozsival's contract runs three more years, while Kaberle's expires after this season.
True but the Canes have Wallin and Corvo off the books next yr so they could let them walk and afford Rozsival

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
semin4captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
True but the Canes have Wallin and Corvo off the books next yr so they could let them walk and afford Rozsival
Wallin won't be re-signed, but I'd like to think that the Hurricanes would re-sign Corvo (especially if Babchuk is gone). He has his faults, but he's a good #4 defenseman who can get ~15 goals and 40 points.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote