Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of: Kaberle to Dallas

Old
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
tmac1919

vCash: 500
Value of: Kaberle to Dallas

Toronto fan here, I was just wondering what you guys feel would be a fair return for Kaberle, if you even feel Dallas is interested. I just figured that they would be interested if Zubov does not return.

tmac1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1919 View Post
Toronto fan here, I was just wondering what you guys feel would be a fair return for Kaberle, if you even feel Dallas is interested. I just figured that they would be interested if Zubov does not return.
Here's the situation in a nutshell. I have to think the Stars value Zubov higher than Kaberle. He's been here seemingly forever and if he's healthy, they know what they're going to get out of Zubov. The reason the Stars haven't (and likely won't) sign Zubov is because of internal salary budget/unsure of health. In order to fit Kaberle's salary into that, we would have to send players and money the other way. I don't personally see that happening. Trevor Daley has become expendable, but he only makes a little over 2 mil. The Stars would have to include a forward, and none of those options really make sense. I'm almost positive that Burke would ask for James Neal, Ott, or Jamie Benn. Or some combination of Daley and one or two of those guys (I could be wrong, but Burke seems to slightly overrate his own players, unless he just wants to get rid of Kaberle and his Euro'ness). From a Stars perspective a trade for Kaberle makes zero sense. Steve Ott is on the upswing and means a lot to the team in terms of leadership and on-ice contribution. Neal and Benn both have 40+ goal potential. Likely Stars untouchables are Morrow, Ribeiro, Eriksson, Neal, and Benn...possibly Vishnevskiy (depending on how high the Stars are on him, has Kaberle upside).

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Here's the situation in a nutshell. I have to think the Stars value Zubov higher than Kaberle. He's been here seemingly forever and if he's healthy, they know what they're going to get out of Zubov. The reason the Stars haven't (and likely won't) sign Zubov is because of internal salary budget/unsure of health. In order to fit Kaberle's salary into that, we would have to send players and money the other way. I don't personally see that happening. Trevor Daley has become expendable, but he only makes a little over 2 mil. The Stars would have to include a forward, and none of those options really make sense. I'm almost positive that Burke would ask for James Neal, Ott, or Jamie Benn. Or some combination of Daley and one or two of those guys (I could be wrong, but Burke seems to slightly overrate his own players, unless he just wants to get rid of Kaberle and his Euro'ness). From a Stars perspective a trade for Kaberle makes zero sense. Steve Ott is on the upswing and means a lot to the team in terms of leadership and on-ice contribution. Neal and Benn both have 40+ goal potential. Likely Stars untouchables are Morrow, Ribeiro, Eriksson, Neal, and Benn...possibly Vishnevskiy (depending on how high the Stars are on him, has Kaberle upside).
I agree with some of it, I don't think Eriksson, Neal, and Benn are untouchables I just think a team will have to overpay significantly to get one of them. Frankly as a fan I would be upset if they gave up what it would take to get Kaberle, the price is higher than I would want to pay.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Kaberle stated wants to stay in the East. If we give up Neal + for Kaberle, Neal will become a dominate force for the TML while Dallas will have 2 years of Kaberle before he bolts back into the East.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
possibly Vishnevskiy (depending on how high the Stars are on him, has Kaberle upside).
Jackson stated a few months ago he thinks Vishnevskiy can be a top pairing defenseman.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 05:20 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
I agree with some of it, I don't think Eriksson, Neal, and Benn are untouchables I just think a team will have to overpay significantly to get one of them. Frankly as a fan I would be upset if they gave up what it would take to get Kaberle, the price is higher than I would want to pay.
I should have clarified. Untouchable in a Kaberle deal. But generally speaking, you're right, to get any of them a team would have to significantly overpay, significantly. These guys are home grown, and really show the Stars drafting strategy the last five years has started to bear fruit.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Jackson stated a few months ago he thinks Vishnevskiy can be a top pairing defenseman.
I hadn't heard/read that. He has two things that really make his ceiling very high: outstanding skating ability, and high-end hockey sense. He really just needs experience at the NHL level to put it all together. Of all of our young d-men, he's the one I wouldn't trade.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:53 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=626407

He still thinks Vishnevskiy could turn into a 1-2 and he has very high hopes for Larsen, but the impression

Either way it's a exact comment on he'll be a first pairing defenseman. I actually wonder if they're higher on Larsen or Vishnevskiy.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
tmac1919

Ok thanks guys

tmac1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:11 AM
trickster

Jamie Benn and Matt Niskanen

(lol I wish!)

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
Jamie Benn and Matt Niskanen

(lol I wish!)
Would Kaberle be our top D man? Yes

However what we would have to give up to get him makes it almost impossible for it to be realistic.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote