HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2009-2010 Regular Season Schedule Released

Old
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Interesting that there are only two Friday games (both on the road) in the entire schedule.

I kind of like that.
Why is that? Do you have better things to do on Friday nights?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Interesting that there are only two Friday games (both on the road) in the entire schedule.

I kind of like that.
Considering what traffic is like getting to Staples on Friday, I'm thrilled.

Very few Sunday games as well (that's been consistent through the years though).

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 07:54 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Why is that? Do you have better things to do on Friday nights?
Kind of...

I want to buy season tickets this year for the first time ever, but I'm also [crosses fingers] hopefully going to get a job in the next couple of weeks that I will be able to leave most days by 6pm, but Friday's will always be until 10pm at the earliest. If there were a ton of Friday home games I would reconsider ordering a full season.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Kind of...

I want to buy season tickets this year for the first time ever, but I'm also [crosses fingers] hopefully going to get a job in the next couple of weeks that I will be able to leave most days by 6pm, but Friday's will always be until 10pm at the earliest. If there were a ton of Friday home games I would reconsider ordering a full season.
Ah....now it makes more sense.

I just hope that the Kings win the one game I will go to this season. They have lost the last 3 games I have attended.

Old
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Considering what traffic is like getting to Staples on Friday, I'm thrilled.

Very few Sunday games as well (that's been consistent through the years though).
The one that really throws me is Oct 12 @ NYI, a MONDAY game that starts at 2pm in the east. What the hell is that all about?

Old
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
The one that really throws me is Oct 12 @ NYI, a MONDAY game that starts at 2pm in the east. What the hell is that all about?
I wonder how many people will attend that game?

Old
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I just hope that the Kings win the one game I will go to this season. They have lost the last 3 games I have attended.
Negativity is contagious

On a only slightly related note, a friend of mine might take a job in North Carolina soon, when he told me my first response was "You better not become a 'Canes fan!" He scrunched up his face and said "Oh hell no." I thought of you and reassured my friend he wouldn't be the only lost Kings fan in NC.

Old
07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
It's Columbus day

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Nice to finally see a schedule with some balance and some thought behind it. It is nice to finally have a management that gives a rats ass about this team. Thanks again Dean!

Quote:

It is a little holiday called Columbus Day. There will be many games that day, many of which will be played in the afternoon. This is a common occurrence in sports.

Where have you been?!

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's Columbus day
Ah hah. Well that makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Thanks. Kind of bummed that its on the road. Going to a Kings game on Columbus Day has been a tradition with my dad and I since I was tot.

Old
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Where have you been?!
Somewhere between a thought and a fart.

Old
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's Columbus day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
It is a little holiday called Columbus Day. There will be many games that day, many of which will be played in the afternoon. This is a common occurrence in sports.

Where have you been?!
Who gets Columbus Day off anymore?

I haven't had that day off since I was in Elementary School......let's just say that was a long time ago.

Old
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Who gets Columbus Day off anymore?

I haven't had that day off since I was in Elementary School......let's just say that was a long time ago.
I might be wrong, but I think it's an Islanders tradition to have a Columbus Day afternoon game for school kids. The tickets are free/cheap for students to attend the game that day. I remember thinking the same thing last year, but then I watched the game online at work and the arena had a TON of elementary and junior high kid filling the stands.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I might be wrong, but I think it's an Islanders tradition to have a Columbus Day afternoon game for school kids. The tickets are free/cheap for students to attend the game that day. I remember thinking the same thing last year, but then I watched the game online at work and the arena had a TON of elementary and junior high kid filling the stands.
That's cool.

Old
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

What a relief to see a reasonable schedule like this for the Kings after years straight of getting the shaft schedule-wise.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Who the hell did I lose that bet too over Gaborik? Was it BigKing? Gotta figure out which game I am taking him too...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 09:46 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

The long road trips at the beginning of the season will really bring the team together early. This schedule very much works in our favor.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Maybe it was because I lived in Nevada for so long....

Quote:
Nevada
Columbus Day is not a legal holiday in Nevada, but it is a day of observance. Schools and state, city and county government offices are open for business on Columbus Day.

Old
07-15-2009, 11:19 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Who the hell did I lose that bet too over Gaborik? Was it BigKing? Gotta figure out which game I am taking him too...
It was not me but that was a clever way of asking me to go to a game. As long as Mrs. Zad doesn't mind you can at least buy me a beer since I have season seats but that's as far as it goes: I am a gentleman.

Someone asked who gets Columbus Day off. Myself and all the other bankers that have ruined the country get that day off. My birthday is October 8th which is sweet because it's always the start of the hockey season plus Columbus day is always around that date as well. I get a floating day off each month so I think i will take the Friday off after the 8th so I can get hammered at the game against Minny and then score a 4 day weekend since Columbus Day is that Monday.

Beauty of a schedule!

Lastly, whoever said they like Saturday matinees is crazy unless you live close to Staples. Traffic is worse than weeknights and it blows your entire Saturday. You get drunk too early in the day and then you're tired by the time you get home and want to fall asleep. Smaller crowds/sleepy crowds or something because it's usually quiet.

Nothing worse than a 1 PM Saturday game against Phoenix or Nashville.

Edit: Just looked at the Saturday matinees and they are mostly premier match-ups. Boston, Washington, Detroit and Calgary. Edmonton and St. Louis are usually fun games so just the one clunker against Nashville. I am so tired of Fan Appreciation "Night" being an f'ing day game though. How can you really party at 1 PM. Also, that last week is pretty brutal with T/TH games and then Sat at 1 PM and then Sun at noon in Colorado. Luckily it's Colorado but two games in less than 24 hours is pretty lame to end the season.

Last edited by BigKing: 07-15-2009 at 11:29 PM.
BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
It was not me but that was a clever way of asking me to go to a game. As long as Mrs. Zad doesn't mind you can at least buy me a beer since I have season seats but that's as far as it goes: I am a gentleman.
You sick son of a...

I now have to go through my PMs.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:

No Games for YOU.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Don't know the answer to that one, But I know someone on this board whose intials are JDM owes me some Anchor Steam's on opening night, and now I find out I might be in Vegas for my annual hockey tournament there.

I know it sucks having to go to Vegas two weekends in a row but . . . hockey is not only to be watched, but played as well!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Don't know the answer to that one, But I know someone on this board whose intials are JDM owes me some Anchor Steam's on opening night, and now I find out I might be in Vegas for my annual hockey tournament there.

I know it sucks having to go to Vegas two weekends in a row but . . . hockey is not only to be watched, but played as well!
I didn't forget. I'll leave it up to you whether you want those beers on opening night or in Vegas.

Old
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Answer from http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=656149&page=3:

Quote:
I cannot imagine why Hossa would come here. After the ultimate backfire last season, I imagine he wants to win a Cup more than ever. If winning next season was not a priority, I still cannot see the Kings as a destination absent a long term contract. I am not sure what the Ducks' payroll looks like right now and what Teemu's status is, but if he does not re up with Detroit and wants to stay in the West, I could see him signing there or with Calgary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
maybe well get gaborik instead? dont forget the bet you and i have...
Quote:
Heh. Damn near forgot about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
for what its worth, i hope you win the bet and we do sign gabby.
Quote:
Good grief, I said we would sign him? Never post drunk.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Wow, big road trip right at the start of the season. . that works good for us. I'd rather see the team play on the road more in the beginning of the season than the end.
Perfect time for a young team to bond and build chemistry. It's always worth it to have a big road trip early in the season.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote