HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avtsyn interview (french)

Old
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Am I the only one who is scared that he's going to explode next year, and Dynamo is going to throw a big contract to him which he'll almost have to accept?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Am I the only one who is scared that he's going to explode next year, and Dynamo is going to throw a big contract to him which he'll almost have to accept?
It is a strong possibility. So let just wish he does well.....but not that much.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
And for whoever is scared that despite those encouraging words, he ends up in Russia just like Valentenko who had encouraging words.....well they might not be too far from the truth....Here's what Valentenko had to say in September 07....There are some gems in there....

http://www.ledevoir.com/2007/09/11/156346.html

But it doesn't mean that Avtsin will do the same. I will not refrain myself from being too happy 'cause of the fact that some of his fellow countrymen decided to leave or not come here. I believe that the fact that he was there at the combine, at the draft and during the dev. camp is a pretty big statement.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And for whoever is scared that despite those encouraging words, he ends up in Russia just like Valentenko who had encouraging words.....well they might not be too far from the truth....Here's what Valentenko had to say in September 07....There are some gems in there....

http://www.ledevoir.com/2007/09/11/156346.html

But it doesn't mean that Avtsin will do the same. I will not refrain myself from being too happy 'cause of the fact that some of his fellow countrymen decided to leave or not come here. I believe that the fact that he was there at the combine, at the draft and during the dev. camp is a pretty big statement.
The only difference it's Avtsyn said he want to play in Montreal in a Russian newspaper. Valentenko played for the Bullgogs but he was far for making the team ,Avtsyn is a forward I think he have the chance to make the team sooner then Valentenko.

Doesn't mean he will play for the Habs but the chance are good

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Darz

I don't think we should compare Avtsyn to Valentenko.

As a Canadian, I wouldn't want to be compare to every other Canadian who might enjoy the same pastime as I do, so it doesn't really make sense to compare two kids just because they were born in the same country.

A few bad apples has really spoiled the batch.

07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
warsawyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
At the draft you said you play a similar brand of hockey as Alex Ovechkin. Is that true?
[I]-Partly, yes. I try to shoot a lot and to play physical. Even our last names are similar
Well, there is indeed a similarity in their names, at least in Russian. Both are related to the noun 'овцa', which means 'a sheep' in Russian (or 'owca' in Polish). If I'm correct, 'овцы' [av-tsy] is a plural for sheep and 'овечка' [ovechka] is 'a small sheep'.

Last edited by warsawyak: 07-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.
warsawyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Why do journalists always mention the Montreal pressure when they talk about to a new player. If you talk about the pressure then there's going to be some. It's like these pencil pushers wants to make sure the new player is not going to have a good time here. I hate the press.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsawyak View Post
Well, there is indeed a similarity in their names, at least in Russian. Both are related to the noun 'овцa', which means 'a sheep' in Russian (or 'owca' in Polish). If I'm correct, 'овцы' [av-tsy] is a plural for sheep and 'овечка' [ovechka] is 'a small sheep'.

Yeah, the strange thing though is that his names starts with the letter "A" and there are no russian words starting with an "A" (very rare exceptions or imported words are written with an A).. Maybe he has Belarussian roots which would explain this since they tend to write words phonetically.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Toro

thx for the translations

hope wverything works out for this kid. He sounds sincere in wanting to come here next year.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
n0pan
ez

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
I like what I'm seeing from Avtsyn. I want.

n0pan is online now   Reply With Quote