HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fan Forum: Hextall on Frolov

Old
07-16-2009, 02:07 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Not every player is an in your face, score on demand heart and soul player. I'll take a guy who scores 30-35 goals quietly and who plays both sides of the ice, responsibly. Let Brown or Smyth or Williams or all three provide the bravado and guts so Frolov can quietly pot 35 needed goals.

If we have a whole team of chiefs (i.e., leaders) we arent going to have any indians to do the work (and follow their lead). (No offense is intended toward, and none sould be taken by, our brethren Native-American King fans)

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:42 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Let's just all agree Frolov is skilled and perhaps, at the top of his game, THE most innately skilled player in the team. His goal total is almost irreplaceable seeing that we don't have the forward prospects to plug in and he's also in a position of need.

That doesn't change the fact that Frolov is widely inconsistent. In the playoffs, are you going to bank your chances on a player who may or may not show up? Or the one who's willing to do what it takes to get the W? Playoffs are a long grind, someone not showing up could be the difference between a W and a L. And moving with that, one game can be difference between winning and losing a series.

There's no doubt Frolov is spectacular, but when he's not, he's about as effective as Craig Johnson. Hell, just read the boards here. When he's cold, 75% of the people here who are advocating a significant contract extension will be the front runners of the Frolov trade proposals threads.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:47 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Let's just all agree Frolov is skilled and perhaps, at the top of his game, THE most innately skilled player in the team. His goal total is almost irreplaceable seeing that we don't have the forward prospects to plug in and he's also in a position of need.

That doesn't change the fact that Frolov is widely inconsistent. In the playoffs, are you going to bank your chances on a player who may or may not show up? Or the one who's willing to do what it takes to get the W? Playoffs are a long grind, someone not showing up could be the difference between a W and a L. And moving with that, one game can be difference between winning and losing a series.

There's no doubt Frolov is spectacular, but when he's not, he's about as effective as Craig Johnson.
Frolov knows where the net is, and can put the puck in it, more often than anyone else on this team. Craig "I ended Adam Deadmarsh's career" Johnson knew where the net was too, but he couldn't shoot the puck between the pipes.

Thats why he came to be known as "high and wide."

Old
07-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post

There's no doubt Frolov is spectacular, but when he's not, he's about as effective as Craig Johnson. Hell, just read the boards here. When he's cold, 75% of the people here who are advocating a significant contract extension will be the front runners of the Frolov trade proposals threads.
Puck possession is a major part of playoff hockey. Frolov is one of the best in the league when it comes to that aspect. I find his resources invaluable come post-season. I really don't understand the consistency argument. The closest thing the Kings have to "consistent" is Kopitar and he had an off year, next to him is Frolov... I think Frolov's statistics have been fairly consistent compared with the team's statistics year to year. He is always a top producer and dominates the offensive zone while maintaining defensive responsibility. It is not like he is irreplaceable, but for the Kings... He might as well be...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 04:09 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Puck possession is a major part of playoff hockey. Frolov is one of the best in the league when it comes to that aspect. I find his resources invaluable come post-season. I really don't understand the consistency argument. The closest thing the Kings have to "consistent" is Kopitar and he had an off year, next to him is Frolov... I think Frolov's statistics have been fairly consistent compared with the team's statistics year to year. He is always a top producer and dominates the offensive zone while maintaining defensive responsibility. It is not like he is irreplaceable, but for the Kings... He might as well be...
Yup, yup and yup.

The short period Frolov was injured last year, the team couldn't hold on to the puck down low to save their lives. Frolov comes back from injury, oh look, the team has good puck possession again. Must be a coincidence.

Game in and game out, when the Kings are having trouble keeping the pressure up, along comes Frolov to do his thing for 20-40 seconds in the corners, and voila, the rest of the team gets a feel for holding on to the puck. Sure, if he turned those 20-40 seconds into scoring chances more often, he wouldn't be deemed Froloaf. But even when Frolov is "loafing", which he does do from time to time in terms of his defensive play and shooting, he is ALWAYS reliable to spend a few shifts making the opposing dmen tired. Even when he is not scoring he is still helping the team get an offensive feel, which under Murray is desparately needed.

Sure, other players on the team do this as well, but everyone else is very INconsistent in this area that Frolov is incredibly consistent. Our best hope to replace this is if Simmonds fills out and doesn't platuea too quickly.

I can agree that Frolov is not a leader type. It does bother me a little that he hasn't been given or demanded an 'A' on his sweater, but in the end, so long as other players on the team can fill those shoes, Frolov doesn't need to, he just needs to be a horse on the puck and score goals, which he does. If the team as a whole picks up, its not like Frolov will be left behind, he'll pick up along with everybody else.

Unfortunately, because of the damn cap and stupid UFA spending, we probably can't really compete with what Frolov would get on the UFA market without doing more reshuffling to the team than Lombardi is likely to do for the sake of Frolov. The Smyth trade and Scuderi signings kind of screwed that up, and considering Dean and company seem to be operating as if the salary cap WILL go down next year, I don't really see how we can afford to give Frolov anything more than a 4.5-5 cap hit. 5 is really pushing it. 4-4.5 would be ideal I think.

So Frolov will have to take a bit of a discount to stay here, and if his priority is to make the most money possible, we probably will have to say goodbye to him. However I just don't get the sense that Frolov will simply pursue the highest paycheck. If Dean treats him right, and the Kings get off to a good start this year, I believe that Frolov will give us a discount to stay. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling I get.

I think the key will be Frolov not demanding to be paid 6 million in any given year. If they can keep the maximum year(s) at or below 5 mill, then I think we can fit him in without having to overhaul the salary structure.

Something else that might stand in the way of signing Frolov is how much cap space Dean is setting aside in anticipation of Quick's contract. If he thinks he will need to pay Quick anywhere close to 3 mill per, that will really hamper the number DL is willing to throw at Frolov. Its really too early to tell what Quick will get or deserve, but you know Dean has thought about it.

Hopefully something can be worked out like:

2010 5
2011 5
2012 4.8
2013 4.5
2014 4

Total: 23.3

That's a 4.66 cap hit. 5 years, so its not some super long term deal we all know DL probably won't ever offer him. It takes Fro into his thirties and leaves him young enough to get another nice big contract for a few more years.

To me, that seems like a nice discount, but still givies the man some serious bucks. But like I said, if Frolov goes the way of Cammy and demands his 6 mill per, he'll be gone by the end of the year.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 04:45 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I for one would think that Fro would be willing to take a discount. From all I have heard, he loves LA, and would be a big part of the team for years to come.

I fully think that he should have been given the A over Kopitar. I don't think that Kopi was quite ready for it, I think that giving it to 2 young guys and a guy that was just traded for isn't sound. Having at least 1 guy with the A that is a vet with the team for a while would have been good. Also, I think that Fro has done so much for the team, with so little, gone through so much ****, I hate to say it, but he almost deserved an A.

Considering how unfairly Fro has been treated since the beginning, I would be overjoyed if he stayed here for a decent contract.

He is our best offensive player, and I think he would be a warrior in the playoffs.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 06:20 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
I fully think that he should have been given the A over Kopitar. I don't think that Kopi was quite ready for it, I think that giving it to 2 young guys and a guy that was just traded for isn't sound. Having at least 1 guy with the A that is a vet with the team for a while would have been good. Also, I think that Fro has done so much for the team, with so little, gone through so much ****, I hate to say it, but he almost deserved an A.
Couldn't disagree more. Fro is consistently inconsistent and and do you honestly believe he possess that innate leadership quality that can take a team to a Stanley Cup?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Fro is consistently inconsistent and and do you honestly believe he possess that innate leadership quality that can take a team to a Stanley Cup?
Who on the team does? Doughty and maybe Brayden Schenn. Not everyone on any Stanley cup team has what it takes. All you need is a few guys that can win a cup, and a bunch of guys that can support them. And Fro can do that better than anyone on the team right now excluding Doughty.

We don't need Fro to be a leader, we need him to contribute what he does already for a long time.

We will miss him BAD if he leaves the team without equal or greater coming back.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Someone please explain this inconsistency argument to me. Is it that he doesnt score every game? Forgets to possess the puck every other shift? Only blocks a shot once every third game? What is it?

His stats as listed on NHL.com are:

2002-2003 Kings 79GP, 14G, 17A, 31pts, 12+/-, 34PIM
2003-2004 Kings 77GP, 24G, 24A, 48pts, 8+/-, 24PIM
2004-2005 LOCKOUT
2005-2006 Kings 69GP, 21G, 33A, 54pts, 17+/-, 40PIM
2006-2007 Kings 82GP, 35G, 36A, 71pts, -8+/-, 34PIM
2007-2008 Kings 71GP, 23G, 44A, 67pts, 1+/-, 22PIM
2008-2009 Kings 77GP, 32G, 27A, 59pts, -6+/-, 30PIM

He averages over 75 games per year. he's a .725 ppg player, who has great puck possession skills and is responsible defensively. So he doesn't score every game. You want inconsistent, a guy who for numerous games was invisible and didn't carry his weight on the team? Find the "C" and there he is.

So please explain this inconsistency thing to me. Its like calling Luc inconsistent. Streaky sure, but inconsistent, I don't get it.

And don't even get me started on the entirely offbase moniker of "the loaf."

Old
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Someone please explain this inconsistency argument to me. Is it that he doesnt score every game? Forgets to possess the puck every other shift? Only blocks a shot once every third game? What is it?

His stats as listed on NHL.com are:

2002-2003 Kings 79GP, 14G, 17A, 31pts, 12+/-, 34PIM
2003-2004 Kings 77GP, 24G, 24A, 48pts, 8+/-, 24PIM
2004-2005 LOCKOUT
2005-2006 Kings 69GP, 21G, 33A, 54pts, 17+/-, 40PIM
2006-2007 Kings 82GP, 35G, 36A, 71pts, -8+/-, 34PIM
2007-2008 Kings 71GP, 23G, 44A, 67pts, 1+/-, 22PIM
2008-2009 Kings 77GP, 32G, 27A, 59pts, -6+/-, 30PIM

He averages over 75 games per year. he's a .725 ppg player, who has great puck possession skills and is responsible defensively. So he doesn't score every game. You want inconsistent, a guy who for numerous games was invisible and didn't carry his weight on the team? Find the "C" and there he is.

So please explain this inconsistency thing to me. Its like calling Luc inconsistent. Streaky sure, but inconsistent, I don't get it.

And don't even get me started on the entirely offbase moniker of "the loaf."
2 30+ goal seasons isn't consistent. He's a solid player but not worth the 6ish people are discussing. DL will sign him if he's willing to accept a cap hit around Brown and Williams.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
2 30+ goal seasons isn't consistent. He's a solid player but not worth the 6ish people are discussing. DL will sign him if he's willing to accept a cap hit around Brown and Williams.
That's 2 30+ seasons on very bad teams. Add a "better" supporting cast (and have young players develop) and those 30 goals becomes 40. Did I mention he's only 27?

Fro brings it, and like Diehard said, he doesn't get knocked off the puck - ever!

I admit I'm no expert on Smyth, but would I rather have $6m going to Smyth or Frolov? - at this stage of their careers? It's a no brainer. Who knows, Smyth may be the jump start this team needs to start scoring, taking some of the pressure off of Frolov, Brown & Kopitar. Or he could be Roenick ver. 2.0.

If (when) Frolov gets moved, if he goes to a top team (Det, Pitt, Philly, - please no team in the west), he'll get his 45 goals (consistently) and $6m+.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
YadaYada

Quote:
Justin Williams is a 27 year old 2x 30 goal scorer, has scored a goal every 4 games over his career. Fro, also a 27 year old 2x 30 goal scorer, has scored a goal every 3 games on average. Ice time, PP time, quality of line mates are all variables that play into the analysis, but I argue Frolov is a consistent producer. Consistent in terms of effort, maybe not, but that is far more subjective.

YadaYada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
DaAnimal

After watching this video, one thought came to my mind and that was, Frolov will be gone next year, unless he puts on a spectacular performance this year. By spectacular, I mean 40+ goals and 35+ assists. Furthermore, Hextall just didn't seem very passionate talking about Frolov. Seemed like he was more of a burden for the team, just based on his facial reactions.

No doubt in my mind, Frolov is a skilled player. He can easily nab 40 goals with good teams (Red Wings, Hawks, Pittsburgh, etc etc).

Lets keep our fingers crossed, i definitely don't want Frolov to go.

If he gets an extension this year, i would be very surprised.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:03 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
The problem with this is that Frolov needs to be signed next year...so Handzus, Stoll and Smyth's contract expiring in 3 years really means little.
Zeus' contract expires in 2 yrs. Don't you know anything?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I don't get it. The guy plays defense. He rarely if ever hurts you. He leads the team in goals. Is rarely if ever knocked off the puck. He has good speed. He is a smart hockey player. How the **** is that not worth 5MM per year. He is essentially a younger and better version of Handzus, who gets paid...$4MM.

Now, if someone wants to advocate that the money should be spent elsewhere? Ok. How the hell are we going to replace his goals and points?
It's the smirk. TM doesn't like Fro's smirk.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Goallum

Let's hear from the man himself, shall we?

Quote:
в: В конце следующего сезона ваш контракт с клубом истечет. Нет желания перейти в команду, которая ставит перед собой более высокие задачи?

о: Пока мы даже не начинали переговоров с руководством. А вообще в НХЛ очень сложно что-то предсказывать. Это ведь бизнес, и ты не знаешь, какое решение примут клубные боссы. Но у меня с каждым годом усиливается желание попасть в Кубок Стэнли именно с "Лос-Анджелесом". Все-таки подняться с самых низов вместе с командой, где ты дебютировал в НХЛ, дорогого стоит.
Q: At the end of next year your contract with your club expires. Any desire to go to another team that aims higher?

Frolov: We haven’t even begun the discussions with the management. And in general, it’s very difficult to predict something in the NHL. It’s a business, and you don’t know what the management will decide. But with each year, I have a growing desire to reach the Stanley Cup playoffs not with anyone, but with the Kings. After all, it’s worth a lot to reach the heights from the pits with your original team in the NHL.

Link 4/23/09

Quote:
— Вы еще ни разу не играли в Кубке Стэнли. Хотя лично вы, безусловно, заслуживаете. И в этом году «Лос-Анджелес» не такой записной аутсайдер…
— Когда играешь 82 игры, это не радует… Смысл все же в плей-офф… Что ж, надо работать над ошибками. Это жизнь. Она на этом не заканчивается. Каковы причины наших неудач? Может, и в том, что команда молодая. Что касается моей игры… Всегда есть в чем прибавлять: больше забивать, отдавать. В принципе, могу себе неплохую оценку поставить.

— С «Королями» у вас еще есть один год контракта. Но, может, у вас есть желание продолжить карьеру в каком-нибудь другом клубе, у которого шансов побороться за Стэнли больше?
— Скорее наоборот. Мне хочется завоевать Кубок Стэнли именно с «Лос-Анджелесом». Всегда приятно это сделать с командой, в которой отыграл много лет.
Q: You have not yet played in the Stanley Cup playoffs, although you personally undoubtedly deserve it. Although this year, Los Angeles is not as much of a bottom-dweller as before.

Frolov: When you play 82 games, it’s really a bummer. Getting to the playoffs is the goal, after all. But you have to work to improve on your mistakes. That’s life, but it’s not the end all be all. What’s the reason for our failures? Maybe that the team is young, among other thing. As for my play, there’s always things to improve upon, score more, pass better. But overall I would give myself a passing grade.

Q: You have one year remaining in your contract with the Kings. Any desire to continue your career on another team, one that has better chances to contend for the Stanley Cup?

A: Actually, it’s the opposite. I want to win the Stanley Cup specifically with Los Angeles. It’s more rewarding to do it with the team where you’ve played for many years.

Link 4/24/09

Quote:
Я сам был удивлен посещаемости матчей «Кингс», когда только приехал в Лос-Анджелес. Думал, что этот город и хоккей – две полярные вещи. Но, как выяснилось, тут прекрасные болельщики, которые очень любят эту игру. Особенно если учесть, что команда шесть лет в плей-офф не попадает. А трибуны, видите, почти всегда полные. Я так думаю, если мы все-таки попадем в плей-офф и начнем лучше играть, то атмосфера здесь вообще отличной станет. Стадион будет гудеть!
Frolov: I was surprised myself with how many people attend Kings games, when I just moved to Los Angeles. I thought that this city and hockey are two polar opposite things. But it turned out that there are great fans here, who really love this game. Especially considering that the team hasn’t made the playoffs in six years. All the while, the stands are almost always full. I think that if we finally make the playoffs and start to play better, the atmosphere will become even greater. Will the arena ever buzz!

Link 3/20/09

Quote:
– Шесть лет вы играете в «Лос-Анджелесе», с которым не провели ни одного кубкового матча. Не надоела такая жизнь? Не хочется перейти в сильную команду?

– Вы даже представить не можете, как мне хотелось бы побороться за Кубок Стэнли! Я же уважаю себя как хоккеист. Но куда интереснее будет попасть в плей-офф вместе с «Королями». Я вырос в этой команде, многим ей обязан. Через год у меня заканчивается контракт. Хотел бы остаться в «Лос-Анджелесе», чтобы увидеть, как через несколько лет мы станем одними из фаворитов Западной конференции. У нас для этого в перспективе все есть. Прибавим в опыте, сыгранности – и все будет хорошо.

– Недавно ваш бывший тренер Марк Крофорд рассказал «Советскому спорту», что весь прошлый сезон вы играли с серьезной травмой живота. И он расценивал это как подвиг. Я этого не понимаю – почему нельзя было подлечиться?

– Травму я получил еще прошлым летом, из-за чего пропустил весь тренировочный лагерь. Врачи не смогли поставить правильный диагноз… Сделали рентген, ничего не обнаружили. Начал играть с болью. Когда закончился сезон, я не смог поехать на чемпионат мира в Квебек. Прошел несколько обследований. Никто из докторов не мог четко сказать, нужна ли мне операция. Наконец один врач в Филадельфии определил, что это двусторонняя грыжа. И срочно велел ложиться под нож. Операцию я перенес в мае. Лучше поздно, чем никогда.
Q: You’ve been playing in Los Angeles for six years, and haven’t played one single playoff game. Are you not sick and tired of such existence? Any desire to move to a strong team?

A: You can’t even imagine how much I want to compete for the Stanley Cup. You cannot respect yourself as a hockey player and feel otherwise. But it would be more fulfilling to get to the playoffs with the Kings. I grew up on this team, I owe it a lot. My contract expires in a year. I would like to remain in Los Angeles to see how in a few years we will become one of the favorites in the Western Conference. We have all the prerequisites in place for that to happen. We just need to get some more experience, develop more chemistry, and everything will be fine.

Q: Recently your former coach Marc Crawford told “Sovietski Sport” that you played the entire last season with a serious abdomen injury. And he considered it as an act of courage. I don’t understand, why not get healthy?

A: I got the injury back last summer, and missed the entire training camp due to it. The doctors couldn’t make a correct diagnosis. They did an x-ray and didn’t find anything. I started to play with pain. When the season was over, I couldn’t go to the World Championship in Quebec. Underwent several check-ups. None of the doctors could say definitively whether I needed the surgery. Finally one doctor in Philadelphia determined that it’s a double hernia. And ordered me to go promptly under the knife. I underwent the surgery in May. Better late than never.

Link 3/25/09

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:39 PM
jimmy1100

Thank you for posting that Goallum. Great stuff to read there. Made my day.

Well, at least until they announce CBGBs reported re-signing of Jack Johnson...

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Damnit... Those interviews piss me off. This guy needs to be locked up. A top 3 winger who grew up on the team is exclaiming to stay and we are set to kick him out the door >.< Ugh. I wish I had a billion dollars so I could buy the team and tell Dean to give him a contract I swear if we end up replacing Frolov with Smyth... My shoe -- Lombardi's face.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
I for one would think that Fro would be willing to take a discount. From all I have heard, he loves LA, and would be a big part of the team for years to come.

Considering how unfairly Fro has been treated since the beginning, I would be overjoyed if he stayed here for a decent contract.

He is our best offensive player, and I think he would be a warrior in the playoffs.
Yes no way Kopitar gets the "A" - Like Frolov, Kopitar is not a leader, he's not the type to say come on guys get on my back and I will lead you to victory. Even Brown is a shy kid who plays hard but I would say is not a typical leader.
Greene should of gotten the "C", Brown "A", Handzus "A"

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
It's the smirk. TM doesn't like Fro's smirk.
To be honest, I agree that the smirk is a very dividing factor on Frolov. Some see it as him not taking the game seriously, others see it as him having an unflappable positive attitude. Me? Love the smirk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
Q: At the end of next year your contract with your club expires. Any desire to go to another team that aims higher?

Frolov: We haven’t even begun the discussions with the management. And in general, it’s very difficult to predict something in the NHL. It’s a business, and you don’t know what the management will decide. But with each year, I have a growing desire to reach the Stanley Cup playoffs not with anyone, but with the Kings. After all, it’s worth a lot to reach the heights from the pits with your original team in the NHL.

Q: You have one year remaining in your contract with the Kings. Any desire to continue your career on another team, one that has better chances to contend for the Stanley Cup?

A: Actually, it’s the opposite. I want to win the Stanley Cup specifically with Los Angeles. It’s more rewarding to do it with the team where you’ve played for many years.

Q: You’ve been playing in Los Angeles for six years, and haven’t played one single playoff game. Are you not sick and tired of such existence? Any desire to move to a strong team?

A: You can’t even imagine how much I want to compete for the Stanley Cup. You cannot respect yourself as a hockey player and feel otherwise. But it would be more fulfilling to get to the playoffs with the Kings. I grew up on this team, I owe it a lot. My contract expires in a year. I would like to remain in Los Angeles to see how in a few years we will become one of the favorites in the Western Conference. We have all the prerequisites in place for that to happen. We just need to get some more experience, develop more chemistry, and everything will be fine.
If all of that doesn't scream a player who will take a little less than full UFA market value, I don't know what does. Thanks for posting that interview goallum, and all of that was BEFORE Scuderi and Smyth were added. I have to imagine those moves only reinforced the feeling he expresses here and gives him more reason to stay and stay for a little discount.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:33 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
which is also a current stretch of 5-consecutive 20-goal seasons.

Cammalleri? nope

Smyth? nope

Williams? certainly not

Kopitar? TBD... in all likelihood, yes.

Brown? TBD... in all likelihood, maybe.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Frolov's attitude or his game.

He is one of the top LWs in the game. Well worth keeping.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Yes no way Kopitar gets the "A" - Like Frolov, Kopitar is not a leader, he's not the type to say come on guys get on my back and I will lead you to victory. Even Brown is a shy kid who plays hard but I would say is not a typical leader.
Greene should of gotten the "C", Brown "A", Handzus "A"
Not every leader has to be a loud mouth. Some lead by example.

See: Sakic, Joe

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:48 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Frolov's attitude or his game.

He is one of the top LWs in the game. Well worth keeping.

I ought to frame your post. We actually agree.

After reading the post by Goallum, and the quotes from Frolov himself, if this team jettisons Frolov under some misguided rationale that he wasnt going to help us, i will go back to calling Lombardi out on such moves. two steps forward and one big step back is not the way you build a perennial Stanley Cup contender!

Old
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
I ought to frame your post. We actually agree.

After reading the post by Goallum, and the quotes from Frolov himself, if this team jettisons Frolov under some misguided rationale that he wasnt going to help us, i will go back to calling Lombardi out on such moves. two steps forward and one big step back is not the way you build a perennial Stanley Cup contender!
and it should be added that when you also step sideways... it becomes just aerobics exercise.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote