HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

most overrated goalie

Old
07-16-2009, 02:56 AM
dick341

vCash: 500
most overrated goalie

giguere
brodeur (for those who think it was the system that makes him so good)
di pietro
nabokov
turco
price

dick341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:22 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Out of these 6, none of them are overrated. I would venture to say Price and DiPietro are underrated for their own seperate reasons, while Giguere and Brodeur are rated just right around here. I guess if I were forced to pick one I'd say Nabokov, but only because the other 5 aren't overrated at all.

HockeyThoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
For the purposes of this poll, I would say that Hiller has become the most overrated goalie in the NHL. Many are writing him in as the starter, yet I doubt he can keep up his play for more than 40 games.

you can rave about his awesome playoff, but ask any Ducks fan, and he definetly was not the biggest factor for the Ducks success. It is insulting to the excellent team to say that. Hiller rarely stood on his head during that playoffs, despite what you are lead to believe by some

Hiller is fully capable of having moments of being an elite goalie, I have seen it, and at his worst he isn't very bad, but he isn't able to consistnelty be elite - and his rebound control is poor.

Giguere had a terrible season, lets not kid ourselves, but only a fool would have Hiller above Giguere

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
For the purposes of this poll, I would say that Hiller has become the most overrated goalie in the NHL. Many are writing him in as the starter, yet I doubt he can keep up his play for more than 40 games.

you can rave about his awesome playoff, but ask any Ducks fan, and he definetly was not the biggest factor for the Ducks success. It is insulting to the excellent team to say that. Hiller rarely stood on his head during that playoffs, despite what you are lead to believe by some

Hiller is fully capable of having moments of being an elite goalie, I have seen it, and at his worst he isn't very bad, but he isn't able to consistnelty be elite - and his rebound control is poor.

Giguere had a terrible season, lets not kid ourselves, but only a fool would have Hiller above Giguere
I watched a lot of Ducks games in the playoffs.. Some of the games against the Sharks and every game against the Wings, and I have to disagree completely.. He stood on his head quite a lot from what I saw.. Myself and other Wings fans were pissed sometimes because the Wings couldn't seem to score on him no matter what they did..

So, I guess I'm a fool for thinking he is better than Giguere...

I'd say Turco is the most overrated.. I just dont think he is any good..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Stubbs88

Yeah I don't see anyone on the list over rated, I would say the most over rated goaltender in the league right now is Thomas. I don't see him ever having another season like he did last year. Sure he is a solid goaltender and would be a starter on any team but I think he played WAYYYYY over his head last year.

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwingsfan View Post
I watched a lot of Ducks games in the playoffs.. Some of the games against the Sharks and every game against the Wings, and I have to disagree completely.. He stood on his head quite a lot from what I saw.. Myself and other Wings fans were pissed sometimes because the Wings couldn't seem to score on him no matter what they did..

You are right....6 30 win seasons in a row is a classic indication that he is not any good. One bad season and all of a sudden he is garbage?

Di Pietro and Price are the most overrated next to Luongo.

Last edited by Sony Eriksson*: 07-16-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwingsfan View Post

Really?

It seemed to me a matter of the Red Wings always never shooting high on Hiller, which is what they should have done. I thought after they won the first series that the Red Wings would be the perfect team to exploit all of Hiller's weaknesses. I was very, very suprised taht the Red Wings had any problems against Hiller.

And yes, because I think it's 50/50 whether Giguere rebounds to his old form or not. If he does, he is better than Hiller.

I've seen my share of LA/ANA goaltending duels, and Ersberg usually came out as being the better goalie, but he gets no recognition at all. Hell, I think Quick was, and buy quite a good margin, far better than Hiller.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Luongo is more overrated than any of these goalies.

Dr Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
McNuts

Turco had a season of 1.77 GAA and .932 in 55 games. Then he had two crap seasons under .900... Weird.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote