HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Drury on ESPN Radio

Old
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
pete3589

vCash: 500
Again, I'm not expecting Drury to put up 30 goals a year, but as a captain he needs to make good decisions for the team, and playing with the broken hand was not a good one.

If you are going to be the 20 goal guy (which is fine), then you can't hurt the team, especially if you are the captain.

And Mara was one of the more outspoken Rangers, always had a great attitude, always communicating with the team on the ice. I always liked that about him. The interview after Game 4 of the Pens series...you don't get that out of Drury.

And why are those Sabres prospects better than the Rangers ones? Prucha had a 20 goal season his rookie year...what happened?

Campbell was a minor leaguer and got sent down and benched multiple times, same with Vanek in his rookie year (mainly in the playoffs when the Sabres went to the ECF's). Its easy to look at them now and say they are better. It's really not that different if you look at these guys right after the lockout.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 06:32 PM
eco's bones

Interesting that when the overpaying went Gomez it was something worth talking about--when more or less the subject matter is Captain Chris the same argument is 'tired (or moot-not mute) and redundant. The Rangers signed Drury after a 37 goal 67 point season. I think that at least was what they had in mind when they decided to give him $7 mil--not a 20-25 goal guy--so no he hasn't really lived up to their expectations offensively. I think Chris is very comfortable here--good for him--and he's comfortable with his production--and many Rangers fans may be comfortable with him as captain--and we're probably making the playoffs next year--maybe sneaking in at the end again but this team still lacks a few ingredients to go all the way and being too comfortable is one of the problems.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
"Yeah Scotty getting traded hurts, but it didn't ruin my week."

Being serious though. Drury is a very underrated captain. He helped bring Gilroy AND Gabby to NY.
OMG! You owe me a new keyboard.

/wipes beer from goatee

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 07:53 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3589 View Post
Again, I'm not expecting Drury to put up 30 goals a year, but as a captain he needs to make good decisions for the team, and playing with the broken hand was not a good one.
Apparently Torts though that was our best option, too, because otherwise, he wouldn't have played him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Interesting that when the overpaying went Gomez it was something worth talking about--when more or less the subject matter is Captain Chris the same argument is 'tired (or moot-not mute) and redundant. The Rangers signed Drury after a 37 goal 67 point season. I think that at least was what they had in mind when they decided to give him $7 mil--not a 20-25 goal guy--so no he hasn't really lived up to their expectations offensively. I think Chris is very comfortable here--good for him--and he's comfortable with his production--and many Rangers fans may be comfortable with him as captain--and we're probably making the playoffs next year--maybe sneaking in at the end again but this team still lacks a few ingredients to go all the way and being too comfortable is one of the problems.
Well if you're going to frame it from that perspective, then the franchise (and any fans who thought the same) had bad expectations. They thought moving a complementary guy on an offensive juggernaut to a team that had lots of trouble scoring would translate to the same production from that player?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote