HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Habs that much better?

Old
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Assuming that some fans on a message board with questionable views represent an entire fan base and, furthermore, feeling ‘embarrassed’ because of what is said by these fans (regarding hockey) are not positions I would assume a person with a high IQ would take…so, I guess you’re in the right place.
Your "assumption" is off base.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:25 PM
suprez

Because they're older ( 37 y.o Kovalev).. can't play more than 14-15 min per match(Koivu) and Tanguay barely played this season(50 match , 40 pts).

How many cup or Finals since Koivu is Captain ?
Zero

How many Cup Gomez/Gionta got?
How years old is Cammaleri?

Do you want more?

This thread fail.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I don't know if they're better, but they're very different. That might be enough to be better. I've had my doubts about team chemistry and leadership since Julien was fired, actually. There just wasn't anyone left to get rid of apart from Koivu and Kovalev, unless you think Bouillon and Dandenault mattered much.

I really don't know what to make of the changes. I was frustrated with all of the changes because I couldn't (and can't) figure out why Gainey stuck with the old core for so long. It is as though he ate his cereal one morning and said, "Five years is enough. Now I have to try again with a completely different veteran core." But maybe Gillette was behind it.

Anyway, we'll see, though I'm not very optimistic that Gainey has assembled a perennial contender for the next 5 years.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 10:59 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Anyway, we'll see, though I'm not very optimistic that Gainey has assembled a perennial contender for the next 5 years.
It depends on Plekanec and Kostitsyn. If they're they 07-08 guys then yes, this is team will be a contender. If they're the 08-09 versions then we're screwed anyway because the rest of the youth is at least 3-4 years away.

I still think this makeover was all about the young guys.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielson81 View Post

For the money that was spent on the three new guys they could have had this....

Cammalleri, Kovalev, Tanguay and Koivu...personally I'd rather take the foursome over the threesome any day.

Combined Are Gomez and Gionta > Koivu, Kovy and Tangs?

Lets remember that Cammy stated that he was influenced to come here by the Gomez trade

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Because they're older ( 37 y.o Kovalev).. can't play more than 14-15 min per match(Koivu) and Tanguay barely played this season(50 match , 40 pts).

Zero

Do you want more?

This thread fail.
your logic is a fail.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
Lets remember that Cammy stated that he was influenced to come here by the Gomez trade
Lets also remember that Gionta and Cammy are both making at least 5 million dollars each. Its very likely the case that neither would of received that type of money anywhere else especially Gionta.

Old
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Lets also remember that Gionta and Cammy are both making at least 5 million dollars each. Its very likely the case that neither would of received that type of money anywhere else especially Gionta.
Gionta no doubt , but i think Cammy would fetch 5mil

Old
07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
Gionta no doubt , but i think Cammy would fetch 5mil
Cammalerri i think is close. I like the signing personally but i think people are putting too much stock in guys saying they'd come to Montreal because of Gomez trade or that it even played anything more than a minor factor. First and foremost, Gainey was throwing around money and players knew it and that probably played 90% of the reason why they signed.

It should be an interesting season. A quite a different one that hab fans haven't seen in 20+ years, one that i am excited simply to see how it pans out. It could be great or an epic fail.

Old
07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Cammalerri i think is close. I like the signing personally but i think people are putting too much stock in guys saying they'd come to Montreal because of Gomez trade or that it even played anything more than a minor factor. First and foremost, Gainey was throwing around money and players knew it and that probably played 90% of the reason why they signed.

It should be an interesting season. A quite a different one that hab fans haven't seen in 20+ years, one that i am excited simply to see how it pans out. It could be great or an epic fail.
Waay too much stock no doubt, but yeah I gotta agree can't wait to see how Bobsled's plan pans out

Old
07-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Bialo Czerwoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post

Zero

Do you want more?

This thread fail.
A 37 years old Kovalev had been averaging 20 more points a season than Gionta.
An old player who cant play more than 15 minutes a game juste had a better season than the new franchise player Scott freakin' Gomez. People were complaining about Vinnys contract
The only decent move was Cammalleri over Tanguay and adding Spacek thats it.
Im not even going to start on Gill

Bialo Czerwoni is offline   Reply With Quote