HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How do you see next years lineup with prospects included??

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
How do you see next years lineup with prospects included??

From the way things are going this prospects are ready for regular NHL duties where do they fit in the habs uniform??

Forward: Perezhogin, higgins, Plekanec, Hossa.

I know many fans want Kostitsyn to make the team but his defensive play will keep him in AHL for one more year, where he will surely be MVP come next season.

Defence: Hainsey
I know many fans hate his maturity, but he hasn't done anything wrong in his development,while management is continuing philasophy of keeping prospects in AHL until they're 23, not bacause of talent but to prepare for hard hitting mental toughness required to play in NHL.

Goaltending: Danis
He's progression is phenamenom, I know it will be challenge to take Huet backup job but this year he will get all the challenge he needs to prepare for next year. He is not too young either, at age 23 he will be ready for NHL backup duties, its just matter of out performing huet at next years training camp.

My lineups
RW C LW
Zednik Koivu Ryder
perezhogin Ribeiro Dagenais/Bulis
sundstrom/Ward Bonk Hossa/Begin
Dagenais/Ward Plekanec Higgins/Bulis

Defense

Souray Markov
Briseboise Rivet
Bouillon Komisarek
Hainsey

Goaltending
Theodore
Danis/Huet

WE are not contenders, we miss Kovalev I guess if we sign him we are Contenders no doubt about that but for now he's off our lineup.

Old
10-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Aarex

I highly dought that we roll with 4 rookies.

Old
10-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Boucher

i agree that Kovalev makes a huge difference for our team... not just for the first line but it would also allow Ribs to play with a better sniper like Ryder on his side!

I also agree 100% with the defencive arangements but the fowards are a big dilema...wich i guess is good cause it means we have some depth...

for instance: Ward has to be in the starting line up, i'm still expecting a big year from him... Begin won his place on the team last year... sundstrom one of the most under rated Penalty killers in the League... Perazoghin is ready ... Bulis well i know alot of people dislike him, but his speed and defencive awarness is an asset we need on the team... Higgins deserves a shot at the line up, and we didn't sign Bonk 3.5 mill to sit on the bench... so who's left? ...Hossa and Dagenais..they can both get reall hot and real cold real fast... I think Hossa still has to be a bit more consistant in theAHL and as for Pierre... his 6"5 of potentiel who never did and never will reach his prime...

thats what i think anyways...

Old
10-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Habs4ever

I don't see why not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
I highly dought that we roll with 4 rookies.

Plekanec: he has nothing left to prove in AHL, he's NHL bound this year if we had NHL this year!!

Perezhogin: he's suspension might actually help him, considering Russian league he's playing on is atleast on par with AH talentwiseL, and with NHL player going back to play there it will increase competetion, and he is ready to play in NHL this year as well, one more year is just bonus for his development!!

Hossa: Hossa was ready last year, but having to many veterans kept him off the lineup, but with so many veterans gone, there is no reason for him to go back to AHL, management isn't foolish enough to put him on waivers!!

Higgins: Might not be ready this year, but next year he'll have two full season of AHL under his belt, and his defensive play will keep him in NHL to start his career.

Hainsey: BG decided to let go Quintal to give Hainsey a chance, just like Hossa to many veterans kept him out of lineup last year, and he is good enough to be sixth or seventh defencemen already, with high potential to boot in the future!!

Danis: I just have this strange feeling that he'll unsit huet next year from backup job, he's comeout of nowhere and I'm sure one full year of AHL experience will give him confidence he needs to get to next level.

Old
10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
RLC

2005-06
Hossa-Koivu-Zednik
Prez-Ribs-Ryder
Boulis-Bonk-Sundstrum
Plek-Higgins-Ward/Begin

2006-07
Prez-Koivu-Kost
Higgins-Plex-Ryder
Hossa-Bonk-Zednik
Ivan/Boulis-Ribs-Ward/Milroy
( Begin gone)

2007-08
Prez-Koivu-Kost
Higgnis-Plex-Ryder
Lambert-Chip-Zednik
Hossa-Bonk/Ribs-Ward/Milroy

Prez-Chip-Kost
Higgins-Plex-Ryder
Lambert-Urquart/Koivu-Milroy
Grabovski-Lapierre-Wyman
(Bonk,Ribs,Ward,ALL GONE)

2009 Koivu retires

Old
10-26-2004, 01:20 PM
E = CH²

Déjà vu :

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=110351

It's still on the first page too..

Old
10-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Habs4ever

there is one big difference!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Déjà vu :

in that thread they are trading likes of Ribeiro, Bulis, Sundstrom, Dagenais. While I'm talking about where the prospects will fit in, keeping everything else the same, as one year of maturity will probably make our prospects more ready they won't replace the team we already have in place, it will be more like integration and tested throughout season before they are adjusted into the lineup they can handle!!

That thread also puts over expectectation on guys like Kostitsyn, Komisarek, that lineup is brutal at best, and you're comparing that thraed with mine,doesn't make sence!!

Old
10-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Habs4ever

With your theory there shouldn't be more then

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Déjà vu :

one thread on chipchura, but I see one opening everyday, then so many like that, I don't post often and when I do its quality post don't bring it down, by saying its been posted, many things we discuss on this board get repeated over time anyways, why don't you go and say in every thread its been posted, it make sense by your thinking!!

Old
10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Habs4ever

2007 lineup doesn't make sense!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC
2005-06
Hossa-Koivu-Zednik
Prez-Ribs-Ryder
Boulis-Bonk-Sundstrum
Plek-Higgins-Ward/Begin

2006-07
Prez-Koivu-Kost
Higgins-Plex-Ryder
Hossa-Bonk-Zednik
Ivan/Boulis-Ribs-Ward/Milroy
( Begin gone)

2007-08
Prez-Koivu-Kost
Higgnis-Plex-Ryder
Lambert-Chip-Zednik
Hossa-Bonk/Ribs-Ward/Milroy

Prez-Chip-Kost
Higgins-Plex-Ryder
Lambert-Urquart/Koivu-Milroy
Grabovski-Lapierre-Wyman
(Bonk,Ribs,Ward,ALL GONE)

2009 Koivu retires
Your lineup for next year make sensebut, for year 2007 we aren't gone pay 3+ Million for Bonk, and Ribeiro to play in fourth lineup thats for sure, and last time I checked Ribeiro is still young, so how can Urquart take over on depth chart is puzzle to me.

And Kostitsyn starting in first lineup for his rookie season would be short of a miracle, perezhogin will make that lineup long before Kostitsyn gets chance.

Old
10-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
With Kovalev......

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Hossa, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Perezhogan
Begin, Pleks, Ward or Higgins, Begin, Ward (pleks, higgins can split time)

Spare: Sunny, Dags

Without Kovalev......

Zednik, Koivu, Perezhogan
Hossa, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Ward
Begin, Pleks, Sunny or Higgins, Begin, Sunny (again, Higs, Pleks share time)

Old
10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
too many rookies in your lineups!!
that habs wont put a rookie player in front of a veteran because .. he's NHL ready... they will take the BEST !
so you can speculate all you want but i dont expect a team with 4/5 rookies as soon as NHL start again (please note that if the NHL use scabs my opinion wont be valid anymore ! )
our ACTUAL Lineup:
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev(we still hold his right)
Ryder - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom
Begin - Dowd - Ward

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Komisarek
Bouillon - Brisebois

Theodore
Huet
end of the story !

Old
10-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Aarex

I'm not saying that they are or they arn't NHL ready

What i'm saying is that theres no way in gods green earth is the montreal canadiens play a full season sporting 4 rookies. 2 would be a much more reasonable number and that may even be pushing it. We arn't pittsburg.

Old
10-26-2004, 02:05 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
I'm not saying that they are or they arn't NHL ready

What i'm saying is that theres no way in gods green earth is the montreal canadiens play a full season sporting 4 rookies. 2 would be a much more reasonable number and that may even be pushing it. We arn't pittsburg.
True that...

The rookies should be Hossa and Perezhogin since they can't go back in the ahl. Anyways, it's not gonna hurt Pleky and Higgins if they play one more year in the ahl.

IMO the top 14 forwards should include Higgins and Plekanec, that's the real issue. Who are going to be the 2 healthy scratches???

Old
10-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
too many rookies in your lineups!!
that habs wont put a rookie player in front of a veteran because .. he's NHL ready... they will take the BEST !
so you can speculate all you want but i dont expect a team with 4/5 rookies as soon as NHL start again (please note that if the NHL use scabs my opinion wont be valid anymore ! )
our ACTUAL Lineup:
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev(we still hold his right)
Ryder - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom
Begin - Dowd - Ward

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Komisarek
Bouillon - Brisebois

Theodore
Huet
end of the story !

Dowd hasent been signed by the habs

And no, we dont hold the rights to Kovalev anymore from my kowledge. We had a deadline (June), and we didnt sign him by that deadline. Plus he was set to become a UFA, not a RFA, so no, i dont think we hold his rights. Anyone can sign him and he can agree to any contract, regardless of how much more we offer him.

Old
10-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
True that...

The rookies should be Hossa and Perezhogin since they can't go back in the ahl. Anyways, it's not gonna hurt Pleky and Higgins if they play one more year in the ahl.

IMO the top 14 forwards should include Higgins and Plekanec, that's the real issue. Who are going to be the 2 healthy scratches???
I think its safe too add Hossa in that mix. He aint exactly a rookie, with 50+ nhl games of experience.

So if those were the three.....i guess.

Zednik, Koivu, Perezhogan
Hossa, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Sunny
Higgins, Begin, Ward

Spare: Dags.

Old
10-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Habs4ever

Perezhogin can go back to AHL next year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
True that...

he had one year suspension which would make him eligibal for AHL next year, and he'll probably start there, just to get used to different play from Russian league!!

Old
10-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Dowd hasent been signed by the habs

And no, we dont hold the rights to Kovalev anymore from my kowledge. We had a deadline (June), and we didnt sign him by that deadline. Plus he was set to become a UFA, not a RFA, so no, i dont think we hold his rights. Anyone can sign him and he can agree to any contract, regardless of how much more we offer him.
I undestand that but we still get compensation pick if he sign with any other team !
erratum i didnt want to say ''us'' but ''any other team'' .. sorry again!

Last edited by Jeffrey: 10-26-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
I undestand that but we still get compensation pick if he sign with us !
no we don't...

Old
10-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Habs4ever

We can't get any compensation!!

Quote:

Compensation is only given out if the players you sign as free agent has less salary, then the players you lose, considering he'll get better deal this time around we can't get any compesation if he signs with us!!

Old
10-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Mooch

Quote:
No we actually we dont. Thats only if he signs with some one else, even then there are some restrictions i cant pull off of the top of my head......

Old
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
No we actually we dont. Thats only if he signs with some one else, even then there are some restrictions i cant pull off of the top of my head......
It depends on your team payroll, low salary teams are have better chances receiving compensations. Thats why Rangers traded Leetch to Oilers, for example.

Old
10-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Hossa: Hossa was ready last year, but having to many veterans kept him off the lineup, but with so many veterans gone, there is no reason for him to go back to AHL, management isn't foolish enough to put him on waivers!!
What??

Habs where lacking so much a good winger that they traded for Kovalev at the end of the season! Hossa had his chance and didn't took it!

Old
10-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
It depends on your team payroll, low salary teams are have better chances receiving compensations. Thats why Rangers traded Leetch to Oilers, for example.
I see. Thanks.

Old
10-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Habs4ever

No, conpensation doesn't depend on teams payroll!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2

it depends on how much you spend in free agency, rangers traded leetch to Edmenton because they knew Edmenton weren't signing anyone through UFA free agency so when Edmenton lost leetch they got compensation.
Rangers would not receive the compensation if they lost Leetch, because they usually buy more in free agency then sell, which would mean no compensation

Leafs did the same thing with Domi, Joseph when those guys were traded for late picks, because they can't get compensation if they buy more in UFA then sell, which is exactly what they do every year, so they found this easy way to get compensation.

Closed Thread