HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What Pro Player do you most resemble?

Old
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Wojtek Wolski with different hair. Us Polish kids all look alike.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Devil Dancer

Michael Nylander with hair. I'm a good playmaker, but my shooting is for ****, and I even do his circles.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 05:56 PM
evgeni71

Patrick Kane minus his explosive speed. Average skating, decent shot, pass and hands. Sleepy defensively.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 06:08 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Viktor Kozlov
Interesting. That's how I would describe myself as well, except I'm a few inches shorter. Decent skater, decent hands...and I don't always know what to do with the puck...

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 06:22 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

marty brodeur; i don't play net, but i am getting kind of tubby.

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Tim Thomas with the Marty one knee-down saves. Ill do anything to make the save like Timmy T, and will throw a blocker at someones face.

Last edited by Moses Doughty: 07-17-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Interesting. That's how I would describe myself as well, except I'm a few inches shorter. Decent skater, decent hands...and I don't always know what to do with the puck...
For me it is more his body type ... I swear one could super impose my face over his and people who know me would crap themselves laughing at how exacting the body mannerisms are. I even skate the same style ... it's uncanny.

I'm not so good with the hands like he is though .... I'm a defensive forward with a heavy shot and probably would have been a goon.

I usually get the other team mad because I won't let them get by easily without getting a glove in the chest or a squeeze out against the boards.

Your post made me chuckle in any case *cheers*

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 12:14 AM
EndlessNameless9319
@NBarry19

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
Patrick Kaleta/Holmstrom. I like to hit/agitate the ****** out of people/goalies. My (few)goals are scored from within a 5 foot radius of the crease.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Wetcoaster

Eddie Shore - old time hockey - same lovable personality.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 12:42 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Lucic for his Slavic face and big Balkan nose.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 01:12 AM
glassjaw*

Rob Niedermayer.

glassjaw* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Professor Dangles

Paul Kariya here LOL

Professor Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I play like Holmstrom but I'm gonna change it up and be more of an Avery/Burrows type(just piss the **** outta everyone.)

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Ragss

JF Jacques. I'm big, relatively decent speed, and otherwise useless.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 06:01 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
I'd say I'm probably most like gretzky but a little more talented.. joking aside I'm not sure.. my teammates used to call me modano but I'm a defenseman and probably most resemble sami salo's style of play
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hockey.jpg‎ (17.8 KB, 34 views)

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Killiecrankie*

alexandre daigle; I have all the ability in the world. I just never put it together. I think I love the game but I never play the way I should. I get pissed off and go six months without playing. I played varsity as a freshman and never really panned out. I skate great, I have a great shot, awesome moves I think I can think the game well.

Somehow it never works. I never have the "hustle", "work ethic", "courage". I made it to a good college team on a tryout, I have amazing skating and puck skills. But I am not effective during a game. I don't battle in the corners well, I never go in front of the net. I know I play strictly from the perimeter, and I make conscious effort to break that habit, and I do.... for like a period and then my old ways creap back.

Still can't figure out why I can roof a goal with a wrister from the faceoff circle, and yet I'll miss a wide open net through lack on concentration. I just wasn't made mentally to be a good hockey player. And now that those days are basically over with, I've accepted that.

I'm that guy who makes a great play once ever three games that people say "wow he has talent" but then I disappear for the rest of those games. I always showed just enough to keep people thinking, but never enough to be relied upon.

Ah well, we can't all be superstars

Killiecrankie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
milkshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
alexandre daigle; I have all the ability in the world. I just never put it together. I think I love the game but I never play the way I should. I get pissed off and go six months without playing. I played varsity as a freshman and never really panned out. I skate great, I have a great shot, awesome moves I think I can think the game well.

Somehow it never works. I never have the "hustle", "work ethic", "courage". I made it to a good college team on a tryout, I have amazing skating and puck skills. But I am not effective during a game. I don't battle in the corners well, I never go in front of the net. I know I play strictly from the perimeter, and I make conscious effort to break that habit, and I do.... for like a period and then my old ways creap back.

Still can't figure out why I can roof a goal with a wrister from the faceoff circle, and yet I'll miss a wide open net through lack on concentration. I just wasn't made mentally to be a good hockey player. And now that those days are basically over with, I've accepted that.

I'm that guy who makes a great play once ever three games that people say "wow he has talent" but then I disappear for the rest of those games. I always showed just enough to keep people thinking, but never enough to be relied upon.

Ah well, we can't all be superstars
Bad attitude. With the talent you say you have, you should always be making those amazing plays

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforthegame View Post
Bad attitude. With the talent you say you have, you should always be making those amazing plays
haha I guess. It just took me a long time to mature. I play in a beer league now and have a lot of fun. I just can't take a game serious, especially with someone yelling at you and everyone extremely intense. It's a friggen game.

I'll leave that to the pro's!

Old
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
ILuvLucic*

I dish it off more than I shoot, but don't count me out of taking end to end and trying to bury it. I can protect the puck pretty well with my bigger frame than the competition. I guess that kinda fits the mold of a Forsberg?

However when playing with kids much better than me my coachs give me a number and tell me to shadow that player all game long. Not necessarily slashing away and playing dirty but making sure he has no room to skate with the puck and throwing a check the odd time. Not really any players that come to mind, can you guys think of a 6'1"-6'2" player who does this in the NHL?

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:48 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
I have all the ability in the world. I just never put it together.

Heard that all of my short hockey career.

Nobody understood that I started playing for fun at 11. Where I grew up you only played hockey to get yourself a spot in the NHL. Because I turned out to have some talent I was pressured into trying out and joining higher ranked teams while not enjoying myself.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
jim lahey

Marty Havlat

jim lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3V0R View Post
Heard that all of my short hockey career.

Nobody understood that I started playing for fun at 11. Where I grew up you only played hockey to get yourself a spot in the NHL. Because I turned out to have some talent I was pressured into trying out and joining higher ranked teams while not enjoying myself.
Yep I hear ya, I always played on the older teams, went to the schools, all that jazz. So what if I liked to play around with the puck, enjoyed making some moves, didnt enjoy getting destroyed in front of the net. I always treated it as a game. Everyone else around me, especially starting around age 12 or so treated like a life or death struggle. hahah I didnt, and don't get it. Maybe if we were in the NHL or even juniors, I saw why they treated it that why in college.

Oh well, I still love the game.

It's funny though, because I critic NHL players like I used to get it. But they get paid millions so its ok

Old
07-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Sean Avery*

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 05:29 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Franzen when foward, roy with a mix of brodeur when goalie