HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

McDonagh

Old
07-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I saw a couple of games with him last year at both the NCAA level and WJC.

He's got the tools to be a very good player, but I felt that he seemed to stall a bit. Still way to early to give up on a top prospect, but he had moved to 3rd on our defense chart (prospect-wise) behind Weber and Subban.
Not for nothing, but I'd take him over both Weber and Subban any day of the week. Not overly impressed with either of them.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I wonder if the Rangers suggested he should make the jump. Perhaps they feel Wisconsin isn't helping him develop any longer?
Damn we've got some high standards for prospect development

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 09:20 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I wonder if the Rangers suggested he should make the jump. Perhaps they feel Wisconsin isn't helping him develop any longer?
The Wisconson blogger was referring to the Pipeline blog. This same blogger(the original blogger) had reported McD was skating with his Wisconsin teammates in Madison earlier this month and he was in tremendous shape.

Quote:
4. Ryan McDonagh-Defence-New York Rangers
Will the Rangers as Mcdonagh to leave Wisconsin after 2 years and turn pro? That's what I'm banking on with him on this list. The blueliner was involved in the trade that send Scott Gomez to Montreal and New York might want to get his pro career started. With Bobby Sanguinetti likely graduating to the big club this year there will be an opening on the blueline with the farm.
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...or-in-ahl.html

But McD had told Wisconsin HC Mike Eaves that he was returning for his junior year

Quote:
Defenseman Ryan McDonagh has given Wisconsin Badgers men's hockey coach Mike Eaves strong assurances that he intends to return for his junior season, a tone that isn't expected to change even though McDonagh has a new NHL address.
http://www.badgerbeat.com/blog/blog/id/456809

McD told the Minny paper this week he was staying in school

In May,McD was deciding his future

Quote:
Two years ago, the Montreal Canadiens made rugged defenseman Ryan McDonagh their first-round draft pick out of Cretin-Derham Hall.

McDonagh, the 12th overall pick in that draft, has played two solid seasons at the University of Wisconsin. Whether the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder turns professional could be determined in July.

McDonagh will participate in the Canadiens' prospects camp July 6-12 in Montreal. After that, he and the Canadiens will discuss whether it's time to turn pro or return to the Badgers
http://www.twincities.com/ci_12343364

But he had already decided to return to school before the trade to the Rangers.

McD is staying in school this season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote