HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ot - M

Old
07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Ot - M

I oftenly see OT threads on bands visiting Montreal. Last week, we had the chance to have Mathieu Chedid ("M") in Montreal who was "breaking" his new show. It was less flashy than the former one, but the guy itself is a showman worth seeing once in a lifetime. The guy is like a Jimmy Hendrix with a voice and with style.

How many of you got the chance to see his new show?

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:19 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I like M, unfortunatly, I don't follow the whole show scene a lot and I miss out on most of the concerts I would like to see. I lived in Paris about 10 years ago and thats when I discovered M. I wish I could've seen this show your talking about!

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:53 AM
shortcat1

Not to sound blasť but yes, though he has his guitar sounding like Hendrix's and he seems to be technically pretty good, I didn't hear a whole lot beyond lots of repetitions.

So, there you go...

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
Not to sound blasť but yes, though he has his guitar sounding like Hendrix's and he seems to be technically pretty good, I didn't hear a whole lot beyond lots of repetitions.

So, there you go...
You came to Montreal from Sudbury to see the guy? Cool.

Honnestly, I think the guy should get more exposure at least in the commercial french radio-stations. Well, I guess he doesn't get much exposure there as I don't listen to their commercial s**t. But the guy should be able to fill arenas here like he fills stadiums in Europe.

His last show was better still, probably because it was one of the final shows of his tour. Can't forget how he was throwing is guitar over the crowd to catch it back right on time for the solo.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote