HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vbrata deal in place?

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2009, 05:39 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
who is the TB enforcer?. I imagine Fedoruk stays on the team

Hale is in the minors for sure
Hopefully no one since enforcers are a waste of space. If Fedoruk stays up it will be as popcorn server.

Old
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Tokala

vCash: 500
And with this trade, all the stupity of last season's free agency have been resolved.

Old
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Im actually suprised they managed to ship him away

07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Shadeslayer813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Im not, hes not that bad of a player and he will fit right in with the yotes. only bad part about him was the salary and not doing much while he was here.

That was during the Melrose sage though so cant blame it on him.

wow hale was drafted 21st overall by the devils lol

Old
07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 0
Awards:
This just put a smile on my face.. Vbrata was nothing in Tampa but a waste of a roster spot & money... Maybe he'll have better luck with Phoenix..

Old
07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Alamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
You guys are gonna learn this fast: Vrbata at 3 million > Hale + all the money in the world...

I liked Fedoruk, Good teammate, just needs to learn how to play hockey.

EDIT: Fedoruks Friendship test. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rcillo-CR.html

Old
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
Thank God!! I'm surprised someone would take Vrbata... Sounds like a good move for cap-space and hopefully we can get something out of Fedoruk and Hale, and if not, they can help out Norfolk (if they clear waivers of course).

Old
07-21-2009, 06:23 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
You guys are gonna learn this fast: Vrbata at 3 million > Hale + all the money in the world...

I liked Fedoruk, Good teammate, just needs to learn how to play hockey.

EDIT: Fedoruks Friendship test. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rcillo-CR.html
We actually won't because we will never see Hale outside of training camp and Fedoruk outside of the pressbox when he is a healthy scratch or Norfolk.

Vrbata was a waste of 6 million dollars and he was not going to play for the Lightning anyway, we save 3.1 million dollars and our roster doesn't change at all.

Old
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
The Feckless Puck
Consumer of Timbits

vCash: 737
First of all, I am now having rt buy my lotto tickets.

Second, I'm not thrilled to get Vrbata's salary back but at least it's only for two years instead of the three I was afraid we'd offer him last year.

But man... you guys did us an ENORMOUS, ENORMOUS favor in taking Fedoruk and Hale.

This is the definition of a win-win - you guys get rid of your albatross and we get rid of ours... let's all get pissed and dance in the street!

Old
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
IdealisticSniper

I have to give props to RT for calling this exact trade and the exact reasons it made sense. Nicely done.

And yes this is a good day in Coyote AND Lightning land. Everything is kosher.

We have a lot of options now moving forward to make a few trades for some draft picks and/or maybe some different prospects and we also have a little more room to possibly go the UFA way of getting someone in here.

Only a few more moves left for Lawton to do and if he can pull them off nicely I would say that ON PAPER this has been the best offseason in Lightning history, relatively speaking.

Old
07-21-2009, 07:34 PM
hao chi

Hale should be decent as long as he stays as your seventh dman and only plays on the bottom pairing. I think Michalek probably wanted to shoot Gretzky when he put Hale on the top pairing when Sauer went down with an injury. Michalek's +/- took a nice plunge if I remember correctly.

Fedoruk though, he loves to take extremely stupid penalties and is useless as an enforecer. I remember wanting to punch him when the Coyotes gained the lead while playing the Red Wings, and he decided to go out next shift and get a lame penalty (I think it might have been a holding or interference).

Old
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
And with this trade, all the stupity of last season's free agency have been resolved.
TB is funny, last year they sign a billion forwards and this year they get tons of Dmen

I imagine some get burried in the minors. Hale will for sure but he only makes 700,000 so its not horrific I guess

Fedourek likely sticks as a 12/13th Forward

I guess the big thing is TB had no use for Vrbata and he is off the books for next year too

I do think he will do better in Phoenix and they win the deal but TB doesnt really lose anything since they didnt want him anyways

Old
07-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
TB is funny, last year they sign a billion forwards and this year they get tons of Dmen

I imagine some get burried in the minors. Hale will for sure but he only makes 700,000 so its not horrific I guess

Fedourek likely sticks as a 12/13th Forward

I guess the big thing is TB had no use for Vrbata and he is off the books for next year too

I do think he will do better in Phoenix and they win the deal but TB doesnt really lose anything since they didnt want him anyways
Yep, tons. 3.

Old
07-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Yep, tons. 3.
I thought it was 14?

Anyway, just a spare part for spare parts deal. Hale will be Norfolk bound, Fedoruk will be a 12/13th forward. Vrbata had no place here and was just taking up salary. I wasn't expecting much in return for him. Nice job by rt in the other thread, he was bang on in his proposal.

Old
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Tampa 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Gary Roberts is sharpening his skates right now as we speak. He say's he's not ready to retire and that he want's to do a "Bret Farve".

Old
07-21-2009, 09:11 PM
CSampson

Meh. Cya Vrbata. We done here?

Old
07-21-2009, 10:12 PM
ultra63

The yotes fans are very happy to get rid of their two worst players for a guy who might score 25 goals.

Old
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
The yotes fans are very happy to get rid of their two worst players for a guy who might score 25 goals.
The Lightning fans are very happy to clear 3.1 million in contacts for a guy who was going to score zero goals for Tampa Bay since he would be in Norfolk.

Old
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Yea I have to say, I would rather Lawton have that money to spend on a player that will actually make the Lightning squad. Vrbata gone is a blessing nomatter what way you want to look at it, if he finds success in Phoenix great, he wasn't going to do that here.

Old
07-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I am so glad that the absolute waste of roster/cap space Radim Vrbata is gone and out of here...he can go on to score 20-25 goals for Phoenix and I still love this trade, because he certainly wouldn't have done so in a Bolts uni.

Hale is a good depth defenseman, won't make our top six, while Fedoruk not the best fighter anymore is still a good veteran presence and a very well liked guy.

I love this deal for us...thank you Brian Lawton!

Closed Thread