HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge I

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

vCash: 500
But it can't become a babe thread.

Old
07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
i should have made a separate thread about it.

3 different thoughts.

-"i like toitles" - youtube sensation

-i have 3 free turtles to give away at my office. (sick of cleaning the tank)

-if someone doesnt take the red ears off my hands they're going in the soup. (LA River)
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Can't help you with the turtles but I'm sure if you let them go in a gutter in Downtown, there is a rat that would welcome with open arms and teach them martial arts.

As with the food talk...

Let me just say that the Penne Pesto at the Daily Grill in Downtown LA is friggin amazing. I love it and can't get enough of it. Also, I was at the Library Bar last friday and our group was told to keep it down because we were being too loud. I've never been told to be quiet at a bar in my life. I doubt I'll go back there. They have a decent happy hour too.

Old
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Can't help you with the turtles but I'm sure if you let them go in a gutter in Downtown, there is a rat that would welcome with open arms and teach them martial arts.

As with the food talk...

Let me just say that the Penne Pesto at the Daily Grill in Downtown LA is friggin amazing. I love it and can't get enough of it. Also, I was at the Library Bar last friday and our group was told to keep it down because we were being too loud. I've never been told to be quiet at a bar in my life. I doubt I'll go back there. They have a decent happy hour too.
i've been to daily grill before but never tried the penne pesto. my favorites around my work (vernon) are mike's hockey burger - the pastrami special is outta control and the taco truck (las compitas?) is on the corner of hooper ave and compton ave across from the smart and final. i get the torta de barbacoa with everything and the chile verde sauce. damn

Old
07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

I respectfully submit the following: Since it is a "lounge", the talk should be "lounge" like. That means we talk about food, drinks, wives, girlfriends, mistresses (for those that have them since I do not), girls (relatively clean), books, movies, cars, bikes (motorcycles that is), philosophy, religion, politics (peacefully and respectfully), the good old nature and the good old humor.

I am very much the kicking back with a drink in hand and relaxing type outside of work and I love a good conversation as much as a hand crafted brew, 30 year old scotch or a nice cab or oaky chardonnay with a long smooth finish.

Now, for those of you in your 20's, some of the above may not be quite your speed and that is cool. But...when I am not working, writing, and have time to kill on the board, that is my purpose on here.

Old
07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:

Let me just say that the Penne Pesto at the Daily Grill in Downtown LA is friggin amazing. I love it and can't get enough of it.
That's good to know for a couple of reasons:

1. Pesto sauce is very easy to screw up, and it's the one I'm most finicky about. It's always good to know when a place serves one that's consistently good.

2. I finally have something to look forward to ordering at Daily Grill. Most of the food I've eaten there has been unremarkable at best, and awful/stale at worst. I really don't enjoy eating there, but I'll give this a try the next time I'm there.

- T

Old
07-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I am very much the kicking back with a drink in hand and relaxing type outside of work and I love a good conversation as much as a hand crafted brew, 30 year old scotch or a nice cab or oaky chardonnay with a long smooth finish.
I'm 28 and I recently (in the past year) have taken a liking to scotch. I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I think I like the highlands the best so far. I've tried a lot of different stuff. Had a bottle of Laphroaig 16 year old which was incredibly smokey. It tasted like a campfire. Highland Park is one of my favorites. Oban is pretty good but I've only had it a few times. Tobermory was one that I really liked originally because of its lack of smokeyness and its different flavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
1. Pesto sauce is very easy to screw up, and it's the one I'm most finicky about. It's always good to know when a place serves one that's consistently good.
It is good to me so I'm curious to hear what others think. It was recommended by somebody at work who kinda feels the same way as you do about the Daily Grill.

I also love the pasta bar at the Brasserie which is next to the Sheraton inside Macy's plaza (between Flower/Hope and 7th/8th). I love pasta!

Old
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm 28 and I recently (in the past year) have taken a liking to scotch. I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I think I like the highlands the best so far. I've tried a lot of different stuff. Had a bottle of Laphroaig 16 year old which was incredibly smokey. It tasted like a campfire. Highland Park is one of my favorites. Oban is pretty good but I've only had it a few times. Tobermory was one that I really liked originally because of its lack of smokeyness and its different flavors.
Try Aberlour, 16 year. For the price, it's one of the best and if I had an every day great scotch, this is it.

Regarding pasta, I could introduce you to a place that would forever ruin you for any other pasta dishes but that would require a trip to OC.

Old
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
what is this crap?

it's fricken hot.

OT: Frozen Fury Weekend - 64 days and counting. <waits for capt ron to correct me, but i won't listen bc it's a horrible user ID for someone who hasnt seen the movie>
Well since then I have seen the movie.....it was OK.

Old
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Try Aberlour, 16 year. For the price, it's one of the best and if I had an every day great scotch, this is it.

Regarding pasta, I could introduce you to a place that would forever ruin you for any other pasta dishes but that would require a trip to OC.
I live in Long Beach. What is it?

I see Aberlour on Bevmo's site. I'll pick one up when I get paid in a few weeks. Unfortunately, on my budget I've been buying stuff in the $40 range (our favorite word) so it has limited my selection. However, I did have a company that was treating me buy me a $35 cup of something when I firsted started trying scotch at the Seven Grand bar in Downtown. I don't remember the name anymore but it was great! In case you haven't been, I'd check this out before or after a Kings game when you have a chance. It is a whiskybar.

Old
07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I live in Long Beach. What is it?

I see Aberlour on Bevmo's site. I'll pick one up when I get paid in a few weeks. Unfortunately, on my budget I've been buying stuff in the $40 range (our favorite word) so it has limited my selection. However, I did have a company that was treating me buy me a $35 cup of something when I firsted started trying scotch at the Seven Grand bar in Downtown. I don't remember the name anymore but it was great! In case you haven't been, I'd check this out before or after a Kings game when you have a chance. It is a whiskybar.
I am going to invite a group of people over the next couple of weeks from this site to join me for tapas and drinks. It's a restaurant on one-half and a wine & tapas bar on the other. I'll PM you later on it and add you to the list...

Old
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I am going to invite a group of people over the next couple of weeks from this site to join me for tapas and drinks. It's a restaurant on one-half and a wine & tapas bar on the other. I'll PM you later on it and add you to the list...
I hate you.

Old
07-21-2009, 07:22 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I love my pasta as much as I love my beer. I am skeptical of being ruined for any other pasta, because that happened to me a couple of years ago when I was introduced to Farfalle in Los Feliz. I grew up with a crazy Italian grandmother so I am very picky when it comes to pasta. This place specializes in tomato based sauces, their arrabiata being the crown jewel. What's your place called and what dish changed the pasta side of your life?

Old
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I hate you.
That's what frequent flier miles are for...

Old
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
That's what frequent flier miles are for...
Don't you have to fly frequently to get those though.

If I spent the money to fly all the way out to Los Angeles then Zad better be offering more than dinner.

I think I will actually make a trip to LA when the Kings get to the Finals....I hope that happens before Zad dies from liver failure.

Old
07-21-2009, 08:14 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
I say we start posting about the Purcell signing here to see if Telos moves it to that thread...
It's been at least 3 years since I laughed this much after reading a post.

In other news, at least everyone can finally see how often icyfur actually posts now.

Last edited by TonySCV: 07-21-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old
07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I hate you.
Good thing then I have enough love for you for the both of us.

Old
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I love my pasta as much as I love my beer. I am skeptical of being ruined for any other pasta, because that happened to me a couple of years ago when I was introduced to Farfalle in Los Feliz. I grew up with a crazy Italian grandmother so I am very picky when it comes to pasta. This place specializes in tomato based sauces, their arrabiata being the crown jewel. What's your place called and what dish changed the pasta side of your life?
The arrabiata is made to order, fresh daily. You decide the heat and degree of courage.

If I reveal the answers to your inquiries, I fear I will ruin the potential for great discussion when I clink your glass and you apologize for ever doubting your ruination.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think I will actually make a trip to LA when the Kings get to the Finals....I hope that happens before Zad dies from liver failure.
Little chance of that. Moderation and all things Greek.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
The arrabiata is made to order, fresh daily. You decide the heat and degree of courage.

If I reveal the answers to your inquiries, I fear I will ruin the potential for great discussion when I clink your glass and you apologize for ever doubting your ruination.
Sorry....but that sounds a little gay.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:22 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

Ever the confident one. I will gladly apologize if applicaple, then again, if it is, I'll be too busy shoveling the object of said ruination down my gullet to muster a quality apology. Like I said, I likes my pasta.

It will take a mighty dish though. Farfalle almost makes me forget grandma's cooking, which is about as close to blasphemy as a secular fellow like myself can get.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I am trying to understand this one...perhaps you meant geigh because it is not hip enough to be the other.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
There is no such thing as 'a little gay'. There can be no grey area. Didn't they teach you that in Sunday school?

Old
07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I am trying to understand this one...perhaps you meant geigh because it is not hip enough to be the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
There is no such thing as 'a little gay'. There can be no grey area. Didn't they teach you that in Sunday school?
Well clinking another man's glass sounds "a little gay"......Eating his pasta would be infinitely more gay.

How about that?

Old
07-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well clinking another man's glass sounds "a little gay"......Eating his pasta would be infinitely more gay.

How about that?
Didn't help. I am reminded of one of my favorite writers of this century, Gore Vidal. I will save that one for the glass clinking as well.

Old
07-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Didn't help. I am reminded of one of my favorite writers of this century, Gore Vidal. I will save that one for the glass clinking as well.
Gore Vidal! I will clink my glass to him I would quote him if I didn't think I would have to delete my own post I loved his public comments on Sept 11th, I freakin' worship his awesome debates with William Buckley , and also loved his novel Julian -- I just loved the character and Roman history is always fascinating Also, of course, his galling of The City and the Pillar in the face of society at the time Hilarious. I love people that stir the pot.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread