HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My Method For The Upcoming Draft

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2004, 11:26 PM
sundinfan13

vCash: 500
My Method For The Upcoming Draft

Here is my proposed method. It would without a dbout confuse Bettman to the point of him killing himslef, but I believ this is a fair way to decide who gets Crosby. Crosby is a franchise player correct? So a below-average team without a franchise player should be the best candidate for Crosby. So here is my plan:

Each team would get a tally of their first-round pick (ignoring trades) for the last 3 years. For example: Suppose a team picked, #5 in '02, #2 in '03, and #8 in '04. They would be # 15.

The teams are then entered in a lottery at this order.

However, as a stipulation the teams with the #1 overall picks the last 3 years will not be included in the lottery until after the first 3 picks. These teams recently had their chance at a franchise player (CBS Nash, PIT Fleury, WSH Ovechkin). This would give teams like CAR, CHI, PHO, BUF...a better chance. Teams consistently having bad seasons, without a franchise player.

Old
10-27-2004, 11:49 PM
NYR469

pittsburgh & columbus didn't win the lottery though, they traded up to get the #1 pick

to not include playoff teams is one thing, but not including bottom teams like those 3 automatically makes it unfair...although i think basing it on a 3 year span instead of just last year is more fair

Old
10-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundinfan13
Here is my proposed method. It would without a dbout confuse Bettman to the point of him killing himslef, but I believ this is a fair way to decide who gets Crosby. Crosby is a franchise player correct? So a below-average team without a franchise player should be the best candidate for Crosby. So here is my plan:

Each team would get a tally of their first-round pick (ignoring trades) for the last 3 years. For example: Suppose a team picked, #5 in '02, #2 in '03, and #8 in '04. They would be # 15.

The teams are then entered in a lottery at this order.

However, as a stipulation the teams with the #1 overall picks the last 3 years will not be included in the lottery until after the first 3 picks. These teams recently had their chance at a franchise player (CBS Nash, PIT Fleury, WSH Ovechkin). This would give teams like CAR, CHI, PHO, BUF...a better chance. Teams consistently having bad seasons, without a franchise player.

why not just take the average of each teams placing in the lottery from the past 3 years?

Stanley cup contenders still get lower picks, rebuilding teams get better players.

Take washington 12th, 18th and 1st. 31/3=10th.(i dont know what pick washington had in 02, they had 3 that year, so adjust for whatever)

Old
10-28-2004, 01:37 AM
BlueBleeder

Best way to deal with the draft is to do it as is. If anyone wants him enough they can trade everything for him. (See Lindros to Philadelphia)

Old
10-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

That sure would be sweet for Tampa Bay.