HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Per Jon Jordan: Vrbata returning to NHL next season

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2009, 12:17 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
If we can't trade him and playing in the NHL is not an option when this comes to an end, does anyone think he would pick playing in Norfolk over staying in the Czech Extraliga or possible trying to move to the KHL?

Old
07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
garmonbozia

I don't think he can get $3M playing in the Czech league or KHL, but he can playing in Norfolk or elsewhere in the NHL.

If he leaves again he loses all leverage, there will no longer be any need to move him nor pay him. Although that'd be convenient for the team, I doubt he walks away from the money.

I'm curious though how long they'll sit on him though if they don't trade him before the start of the season and he does in fact pass through waivers. Would they let him come to camp? How soon until they called him back up with the hope of someone getting him halfpriced? If nobody claimed him then would they try and find ways to use him? Injury replacement? Value showcasing nearer the trade deadline? Just don't see them paying 6 million out for nothing I guess.

The simplest and safest solution is moving him before training camp. Hopefully it can get done without costing too much in young assets out or other overpaid assets in.

Old
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Can't get $3 mil in the KHL? Have you seen what they pay older NHL players? Imagine what they would pay a young, hopefully rising player who seemingly was just in a bad situation.

As for the Czech Extraliga, no he wont get it there. Their proven stars are already underpaid. Even before the economic crisis.

Old
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
garmonbozia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresHedman View Post
Can't get $3 mil in the KHL? Have you seen what they pay older NHL players? Imagine what they would pay a young, hopefully rising player who seemingly was just in a bad situation.

As for the Czech Extraliga, no he wont get it there. Their proven stars are already underpaid. Even before the economic crisis.
I haven't seen what they pay any players in the KHL, they don't release individual salary statistics. Unless its hearsay leaked into the press when a player is signed, that information isn't readily available. What is made available are the teams total payroll numbers.

Quote:
1. Avangard $30.8 mil 2. Ak Bars $23.7 mi 3. Atlant $20.9 mil 4. Salavat Yulajev $20.6 mil 5. SKA $19.6 mil 6 .Lokomotiv $19.6 mil 7 .Metalurg Mg. $18.9 8. Dynamo Moscow $17.8 mil 9. Serverstal $16.3 mil 10. CSKA $14.5 mil 11. Lada $13.4 mil 12. Torpedo $12.8 mil. 13. Barys $12.1 mil 14. Spartak $9.4 mil 15. Sibirj $8.2 mil 16. Metalurg Nk. $8.2 mil 17. Neftekhimik $8.0 mil 18. Vitjaz $8.0 mil 19 .Traktor $7.9 mil 20. MVD $7.3 mil 21. Amur $7.1 mil 22. Dinamo Rīga $5.8 mil 23. Dynamo Minsk $4.5 mil 24. Khimik $4.3 mil
Those are the team numbers from the start of last season. The disparity between the top and bottom halves of the league suggest not everybody has the funds to blow on "young, hopefully rising" Radim Vrbata. Could he find and furnish a productive career there? No doubt. Will he make even half what he could over the rest of his career there versus here? Not likely.

Question regarding the agent's role in finding a destination for Vrbata. Does the agent's cut out of the original 3yr/$9M contract come out right at the signing or is it paid to him over the term?

Old
07-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Charlie18

Paid over the term.

Or you would have seen agents arguing for 15 - 20 year deals for selfish purposes well before they started arguing long contracts for cap purposes.

Old
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Rschmitz

nice call rt

Old
07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
nice call rt
Thanks. Weird, huh? Now, I'd like to propose Martin St. Louis to Phoenix for our seventh round pick in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
[MOD:edit] Less than 6 months ago, the YOTES were TALKING FIRESALE. They were trying to trade off Mueller, Jovo, and Bryz for picks and prospects, merely to save on salary and will end up doing the same thing again soon. Despite recent acquisitions and claims that they're trying to pick up a well regarded UFA winger, rest assured that they will not take on Vrbata's contract unless we offer something as a pot sweetener. There's no point in mentioning them as a trading partner. If anyone gets a chance to ask Lawton directly, I'll bet money he says the same thing. Sucks that I don't live in TB anymore because I used to get to talk with broadcasters about the team but I still have my ways
You give me one monies!

Old
07-22-2009, 03:39 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thanks. Weird, huh? Now, I'd like to propose Martin St. Louis to Phoenix for our seventh round pick in 2010.

You give me one monies!
You will have the same luck collecting as we will collecting free internet from when Larry Brooks bet the world internet access that Lecavalier will be a Hab on draft day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You will have the same luck collecting as we will collecting free internet from when Larry Brooks bet the world internet access that Lecavalier will be a Hab on draft day.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm moving into my new place, he needs to get my net connection set up already.

Old
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Lecavalier will be a Hab just wait.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
flamesfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Considering Tampa is willing to pay Vrbata six million over the next two years to sit in the AHL, I hope Phoenix can trade you guys Todd Fedoruk and David Hale, for him. Then, Tampa would only be on the hook for 1.775M this year and 1.125 next year for a total of 2.9M, and a saving of 3.1M over the next two years. Vrbata gets to go back the site of his greatest(only) success. Phoenix dumps a couple of players they can't afford to hide in the minors, and pick up a gamble that could end up being a bargain goalscorer(really all we can afford) with 20+ goal potential for only 1.225M, this season and 1.875M, next season. Hale's low cap-hit(700k) might even make him a decent option as a seventh D on your NHL roster(strictly in case of an injury and a need for a quick fill-in), and perhaps Tampa might even be able to find some use for Todd Fedoruk, if you need an "enforcer". Even if not, it's cheaper than hiding Vrbata in the AHL.
Nice call on this one.

Closed Thread