Erixon
Karlsson
Klingberg
Lander
Silferberg
Gustafsson
Johansson

have I missed anyone?

Out of these players, who do you think will get regular SEL time?

I hope for most of them.

Last edited by Systemfel: 07-07-2009 at 12:11 PM.
SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Tedenby - 3rd line, 2nd PP time
Svensson - 2nd/3rd line
Josefson - 2nd/3rd line
Rundblad - 2nd pairing
Erixon - 3rd pairing
Karlsson - Erik Karlsson? AHL
Klingberg - 4th line or Borås (Swe2)
Lander - 4th line
Silfverberg - 4th line
Gustafsson - 3rd/4th line
Johansson - 3rd line

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
SChan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Tedenby - 3rd line, 2nd PP time
Svensson - 2nd/3rd line
Josefson - 2nd/3rd line
Rundblad - 2nd pairing
Erixon - 3rd pairing
Karlsson - Erik Karlsson? AHL
Klingberg - 4th line or Borås (Swe2)
Lander - 4th line
Silfverberg - 4th line
Gustafsson - 3rd/4th line
Johansson - 3rd line
Tedenby is good enough for the 2nd line watching him in the playoffs.

Old
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympics2010 View Post
Tedenby is good enough for the 2nd line watching him in the playoffs.
systemfel's list is not about how good they are. it's a pretty realistic guess where they will play. we know the problem of young players and ice-time.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
systemfel's list is not about how good they are. it's a pretty realistic guess where they will play. we know the problem of young players and ice-time.
lots of conservative coaches in SEL yes....sadly. Hasnt hv71 a new coach this year though?

Old
07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
lots of conservative coaches in SEL yes....sadly. Hasnt hv71 a new coach this year though?
Yup, they do. Janne Karlsson, who was brought up within Frölunda's organization all the way from U16 to the SEL team, is taking over. He was instrumental in Frölunda's development of the Lundqvists, Loui Eriksson et al. However, HV has brought back winger Per Ledin for this season, and re-signed winger Teemu Laine as well. Check out the transactions thread for projected line-ups.

Old
07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
SChan*

what's the chance of seeing Landeskog in SEL soon?

Old
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
what's the chance of seeing Landeskog in SEL soon?
It's not looking good, I'm afraid. Plymouth grabbed him third overall in the import draft.

Old
07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
ben3001

What roles do you guys see the other Senators Prospects André Petersson and Emil Sandin taking on next year in their respective clubs?

From what I have read, Emil Sandin already has a full season under his belt and has stats of 53 6 11 17 . How does his year compare to the rest of the prospect in their rookies in the SEL last year and what role did he have on Brynäs? Will the current team lineup enable him to have more icetime and responsibility on the team this year?

Furthermore, how did André Petersson look in his first few games with HV71? The stats do not look that impressive with only one assist in 10 games, but he is still pretty raw from most reports. Has his defensive game picked up in his short stay with the big club? What is expected out of him next year at HV71? For example, how she he do compared to someone like Tedenby?

Thanks

ben3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
I'm hoping Henrik Björklund will get to see some ice time this season. I have a feeling he could do well if given a chance in Färjestad.

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Raggamuffin

If they are good enough they'll play. This idea about SEL coaches being conservative is BS IMO. Talented players who produce WILL get icetime.

Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
arsmaster

I am wondering what peoples opinions are of Vancouver Canucks 2nd rounder, Anton Rödin.

It seems Systemfel has Silfverberg on the 4th line with Brynas, I am wondering if the same could be expected with Rödin considering this will be his first year in the Elitserien.

It seems as if Rödin has more offensive potential that Silfverberg though, so I guess that remains to be seen.

Also wondering about Rödin's chances at making the WJC U-20 squad.

Any commentary would be greatly appreciated.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Silfverberg - 4th line
I think you're talking rubbish. In fact, Silfverberg had a lot of ice time in the end of last season + the play offs. And he had deserved that ice time, as he had played very well. I totally expect him to play in one of the first two lines and also in a powerplay unit next season, that would reflect both his capacity and how highly Brynäs rate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3001 View Post
From what I have read, Emil Sandin already has a full season under his belt and has stats of 53 6 11 17 . How does his year compare to the rest of the prospect in their rookies in the SEL last year and what role did he have on Brynäs? Will the current team lineup enable him to have more icetime and responsibility on the team this year?
Sandin has showed glimpses of potential, but he was way too inconsistent. I think he collected almost all his points during the first half of the reason. I think this is a little bit of a "make it or break it" season for him. He must get more consistant, and more effective.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Yup, they do. Janne Karlsson, who was brought up within Frölunda's organization all the way from U16 to the SEL team, is taking over. He was instrumental in Frölunda's development of the Lundqvists, Loui Eriksson et al. However, HV has brought back winger Per Ledin for this season, and re-signed winger Teemu Laine as well. Check out the transactions thread for projected line-ups.
wow, great to hear! maybe he can play some off wing if he is really impressive. anything is better than the 4th line minutes teddy got last year.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 05:39 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
I think you're talking rubbish. In fact, Silfverberg had a lot of ice time in the end of last season + the play offs. And he had deserved that ice time, as he had played very well. I totally expect him to play in one of the first two lines and also in a powerplay unit next season, that would reflect both his capacity and how highly Brynäs rate him.
I see. Have fun in Allsvenskan.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Brynäs had 2 kids as goalies last season and a 18 year old as first line center some seasons ago, without going down to Allsvenskan, so I see no reason whatsoever why they shouldn't give Silfverberg a key role. It's not illegal to give young players much ice time.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 11:36 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Silfverberg and Karlsson!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
According to Sens scouts, they beleived that Silfverberg was a 1st round talent in this years draft....

Old
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
ben3001

Quote:
thank you very much more for your insight. i always fee somewhat bad when heeps of fans come flocking to a forum like this to bother its users about the prospects from there teams.

good information on silfverberg. in terms of simple precisions, when you say that he was awarded lots of ice time with brynäs at the end of the season/playoffs, in what kind of role was he being used under (2nd line, 3rd line?)

Quote:
Sandin has showed glimpses of potential, but he was way too inconsistent. I think he collected almost all his points during the first half of the reason. I think this is a little bit of a "make it or break it" season for him. He must get more consistant, and more effective.
thank you once again, very welcomed information and raises points i had not really heard about sandin.

what about pétersson? in the games you have seen him play in the elitserien, how he is doing compared to men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
According to Sens scouts, they beleived that Silfverberg was a 1st round talent in this years draft....

every scout will always say that about any player they pick - just look at vancouver saying the same thing about rodin. furthermore, even first round talents like parjaavi-svensson are not locks for either the 1st or 2nd line time. lasty, change your avatar subtitle: its jakob not jokob.

ben3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3001 View Post

every scout will always say that about any player they pick - just look at vancouver saying the same thing about rodin. furthermore, even first round talents like parjaavi-svensson are not locks for either the 1st or 2nd line time.
They said they same thing about Lehner as well. As for Rodin he might be even better then Silfverberg.

When did I say anything about MSP? And what does that have to do with anything I said?