HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect #5

View Poll Results: Who's our 5th best prospect?
Ryan McDonagh 103 66.88%
Ethan Werek 0 0%
Michael Sauer 1 0.65%
Matt Gilroy 16 10.39%
Chris Kreider 6 3.90%
Derek Stepan 28 18.18%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Shake and Bake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
BTW, the fact that Sangs went above McD is kinda showing of our ignorance to our new prospect.

McD add Kundratek
yea, he won because he was the one the Rangers drafted...and most people dont know as much about Mcd

Call me crazy but Id consider Mcd, Stepan, and Kreider all better prospects at this point than Sangs

Old
07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Paging Evgeny Grachev...
JUST drafted. Bourque hasn't had a season in juniors to show us his mettle. To people like me, he is a complete unknown. All I've read is that he has great skating ability but average hockey sense. Where was Grachev ranked in his first post draft poll?

Old
07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
JUST drafted. Bourque hasn't had a season in juniors to show us his mettle. To people like me, he is a complete unknown. All I've read is that he has great skating ability but average hockey sense. Where was Grachev ranked in his first post draft poll?
He was 5th

Old
07-22-2009, 04:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Er, 68% to 16%. I think we can move on now...

Old
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
"at this point" again, I dont understand why people grade prospects on how close they are to the NHL. I guess it should be a minor factor, but it's moreso about what you believe each player will eventually be when the time comes to be in the NHL, not how fast they get there
For the same reason the grading system on HF has a number and a letter. It's about confidence that the guy is even going to REACH the NHL at all. You're right, it's not about how fast they get there but rather whether they get there or not. As in an example, in a trading situation I would always take a guy who's one year away and looks like a 2nd pair D over a guy who's 3 years away and has a ceiling of a 1st pair D. The chances of the latter stalling or otherwise not having what it takes are too great. Too often we forget, on these boards, that around 2 out of every 3 prospects (or at least 60%) don't make it to the NHL.

Old
07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Harrison Ford

McDonagh; add Kundratek.

Old
07-22-2009, 11:25 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
Mcd add volchenko or whatever the other d man prospect we got in the habs trade.

For me next up is
Kreider
D-Step
Then gilroy

I usually do my rankings on potential and where they are right now
Really? Sure you don't just pick whomever has the coolest name?

Old
07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Really? Sure you don't just pick whomever has the coolest name?
I find it hilarious when people try to use proper grammar but fail. I still love you though, Marley.

Can 1 ****ing person vote so we can get to the next poll?

Old
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
I find it hilarious when people try to use proper grammar but fail. I still love you though, Marley.

Ah, grammar. Whom do we blame for our difficulty in understanding it?

100 reached. Bring on the next.

Old
07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
For the same reason the grading system on HF has a number and a letter. It's about confidence that the guy is even going to REACH the NHL at all. You're right, it's not about how fast they get there but rather whether they get there or not. As in an example, in a trading situation I would always take a guy who's one year away and looks like a 2nd pair D over a guy who's 3 years away and has a ceiling of a 1st pair D. The chances of the latter stalling or otherwise not having what it takes are too great. Too often we forget, on these boards, that around 2 out of every 3 prospects (or at least 60%) don't make it to the NHL.
well when it comes to a trade it depends on your system, how badly you need an NHLer, and the risk reward involved, among other things. For us I feel like we've got guys that are definitely going to make it to the NHL in MDZ, Grachev, Sangs, Gilroy, etc. where I'd rather get a guy with a high ceiling that isn't close to being ready for the NHL and may never make it.

Old
07-23-2009, 01:24 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:

And I find it hilarious when people accuse other people of using improper grammar, but fail. The "whomever" was referring to the people picked, and therefore was filling in as a predicate, and therefore was correct.

Anywho, let's get rolling to the next prospect! Things are starting to get interesting....

Old
07-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Anywho, let's get rolling to the next prospect! Things are starting to get interesting....
I already put up the next round. It's clear that McD won this one with Bourque getting the nod to be added (even though I think it's way too early to even think of him).

Old
07-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I usually go with the guys who are closest to being NHL ready, but I had to go with Stepan. The kid is going to be an absolute stud in this league.

Add Byers.
Yeah he is. I went with McDonagh because Stepan has a long way to go still though. I should have went with Gilroy but I voted alittle too quick . I remember when we drafted him everyone had noooo idea who this kid was. They all said it was an ok pick but they would have prefered others. Now this kid is one of the top players in the NCAA for his age group and will easily be a top 6 forward!

Closed Thread