HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings like Hickey's skills and leadership

Old
07-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Roxo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
No way Johnson is a third pairing this year.
Agreed, but anything is possible with murray

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Omni Owl

Its true, Murray will probably mix and match pairs to the game accordingly. Scuderi-Greene could be combined if the team is trying to hold a lead late in a game. Doughty-Johnson for risky offensive business. Standard pairings could be:

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Greene
O'Donnell-Drewiskie/Hickey

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Me thinks Johnson should be moved to play on the right side (his off-wing). That is his preferred side and it did make a difference in his performance, just as it had an affect on Visnovsky's game when Crawford switched Lubo from the right side to the left. Lubo was great playing opposite to Modry.

I like what I saw in the Double D pairing, albeit they are young and inexperienced, I think Drewiske and Doughty compliment each other quite well.

But, with that said, I believe Scuderi will be paired with Doughty and Drewiske will be paired with Greene, leaving Johnson to play with O'Donnell.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I honestly think Voinov will impress at training camp, He may not make the team out of camp but he could definitely be the first D call up if he continues to play well and improve.
I think he has a great chance to make the team too but I think Hickey has a leg up on him. Yes Voinov played in the AHL for the whole season last year while Hickey played the majority of the season in the WHL but Hickey is almost a full year older the Voynov. I realize this will make less and less of a difference as they both get older but the physical difference between a 19 and 20 year old can be 5-10 pounds of muscle. Not a "night and day" difference, no, but an advantage for Hickey none the less.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Hickey is so ridiculously under-rated

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Hickey is so ridiculously under-rated
All us Pacific Northwesters know this, but you should have seen the forum on 07 draft day.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
NAVYHM

Nice problems to have for the KINGS - Drewiske/Hickey/Voinov/Teubert(least likely) and Quick/Bernier/Jones - soon.

NAVYHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I cannot possibly see how or why we would even think about having him on the team this year. To me, it just doesn't make sense to rush him when we have a more than capable D now as it is... bringing him in would lower the quality of our defence and perhaps hurt him in the long run. All parties would benefit if Hickey spent one year in the A before bringing him up with the big boys.
With all due respect, if Hickey makes the team now, he is not being "rushed."

"Rushed" would be if the Kings had a big gaping hole to fill and desperately needed to push a young player who was too immature to fill it.

The Kings neither have a big gaping hole, nor is Hickey too young or too immature.

Sure, he's a rookie. But as rookies go, he is a very well prepared one.

It will be a luxury for the Kings organization if Hickey is sent to Manchester to start this season, because Hickey can start his NHL career, and will very likely stick in the NHL, at any time from now on.

I am confident that this is the kind of player we're about to see out of him at training camp.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
LAKings4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
That's also what I would do, but I was just pointing out what Murray seemed to go with last season.

I guess with Murray any combo is possible. If Ivanans and can play with Kopitar then who knows what he will try on defense.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote