HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Report: Commodore would accept cap... but how could it fit over that fro??

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Roots73

vCash: 500
Report: Commodore would accept cap... but how could it fit over that fro??

TSN reports that Calgary Flame, Mike Commodore, went on record to state that he would be willing to accept a cap if it would solve the lockout dilemma.

I think if a cap were to fit Commodore, it would have to be a sombrero.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg commmodore.jpg‎ (10.6 KB, 30 views)

Old
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Madevilz

omfg
good one

Old
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Habsaholic

Lets all guess what the article will say tomorrow:

"I was misunderstood, I would never accept a cap!! I do not know how the media can twist my words around like that!! My 'fro sometimes interferes with my hearing, maybe I misunderstood the question."

Old
10-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Marksman

Its easy for these guys, like Commodore and Ribeiro, to say that ... knowing they wont be making 6M anyway.

Old
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Darz

I think the players should have a general meeting with their representation and maybe get the ball rolling on a few things!!!

Old
10-28-2004, 09:46 AM

This jsut shows how the NHLPA is messed up...all the players that represent the NHLPA, are making alot of $$$, why don't they have a representative among the lower paid players, or for the entry level players, they should have a say as well

Old
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Its easy for these guys, like Commodore and Ribeiro, to say that ... knowing they wont be making 6M anyway.
A cap would not just determine the max amount of money a player can make (in fact it would not at all). It would affect every player on a team, and their perceived value to that team.

A cap at 40M means the GMs will have that amount to pay 23 players. How they distribute it is up to them. If they choose to pay big bucks for the upper guys, that means less money for the bottom ones.

In fact, I think it might affect the less expensive players much more so than the costly ones. The stars will probably always get big money for their services (although not at the insane level of a Jagr), and this will very likely penalize the 3rd and 4th liners, which is a good thing frankly, because nobody wants to see a Joe Juneau get paid 2.5M for his bellow average contribution.

Everybody gets affected by a cap. Not just the richer ones, and in the end, guys like Ribeiro will end up making less as a result. So I would not downgrade their statements, which shows acceptance to make less money than they could under the current system.

Old
10-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
omfg
good one

Yeah its a good one !!

Old
10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic
Lets all guess what the article will say tomorrow:

"I was misunderstood, I would never accept a cap!! I do not know how the media can twist my words around like that!! My 'fro sometimes interferes with my hearing, maybe I misunderstood the question."

Hell never retract his statemants cause he knows that if there is a long lock out the flames could be one of those teams not coming back once the nhl resumes play. therefore he could be one of many without a job.

Closed Thread