HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jakub Kindl Re-Signed

Old
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
jacK

vCash: 500
Jakub Kindl Re-Signed

capgeek's got him at 3 years, $2.65M total ($883k per)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....eman_jaku.html

Last edited by jacK: 07-23-2009 at 05:35 PM.
jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
FissionFire

If it's on capgeek you know it's true. They only post things they know to be 100% true, not rumors.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
doublejack

He's in the last year of his ELC, so it is distinctly possible. That's pretty similar to Ericsson's post-ELC contract.

If this is correct then I assume Kindl will be on the roster in 2010-11.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
He's in the last year of his ELC, so it is distinctly possible. That's pretty similar to Ericsson's post-ELC contract.

If this is correct then I assume Kindl will be on the roster in 2010-11.
Not necessarily. It depends on his waiver status and whether or not part of the contract is two-way. Howard and Ericsson both has the first year of their new deals as two-way deals.

Old
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
If it's on capgeek you know it's true. They only post things they know to be 100% true, not rumors.
He posts rumors and tentative agreements all the time. They in a different color. I dont really understand why everyone has been referring to capgeek like its authority.

Great site and Matt who makes it has treated us well with redwingcentral but he just scours news sources and posts stuff as we see it. More diligent sure but definitely not confirmed. It shouldn't be a Primary source.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

I must be missing something, I could have sworn his contract was up and the end of next season, not now.

edit: oops, it's just latest contracts, my bad.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
solo16

http://www.redwingscentral.com/forum...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Heres the link the publisher posted. (Primary source). While matt doesnt get too much primary info he is a freelance reporter and certainly capable of calling up the DRW and asking. I am going to stamp this as fairly likely. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he would post his source if it wasnt self created.

Old
07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
He posts rumors and tentative agreements all the time. They in a different color. I dont really understand why everyone has been referring to capgeek like its authority.

Great site and Matt who makes it has treated us well with redwingcentral but he just scours news sources and posts stuff as we see it. More diligent sure but definitely not confirmed. It shouldn't be a Primary source.
You really don't understand if you think that's the case. He does NOT post rumors or tentative agreements, only confirmed contracts. The different coloring means that the exact financial terms aren't confirmed. Irish Blues gave Matt all his source information. Capgeek is basically an extension of IB's old nhlscap site since he isn't involved with it really anymore. IB's info was always 100% accurate, and Matt has it now so he's the new primary source for all this.

In case you haven't been keeping up and stuff.....

http://www.nhlscap.com/news.htm
Quote:
All of the salary and cap information I have has been given to Matthew Wuest, who runs www.capgeek.com. If you haven't checked the site out, please do - Matt has done a fantastic job thus far, and over the next few months will be working hard to get his site to do everything I did and then some. The tools he's built into CapGeek are a cap junkie's dream, and I'm confident that t if you spend 3 minutes there, you'll agree that it blows away every other site that's attempted to show salary and cap information - including what I've had here.
Considering TSN used his information for all their cap information and Eklund did as well, I'd say that him turning it all over to Matt makes capgeek the new primary source, wouldn't you? Just sayin since you always seem to think you know everything.....

Old
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
jacK

one-way deal Matt says.
so are we thinking Kindl's a Wing next year, or just getting paid an NHL salary in the AHL like Ericsson was this year? (does he have another year of waiver-exemption?)

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Matt is also a hockey beat reporter for a paper covering the Q

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAKUB! My man!

What a gun this kid will be, Detroit obviously rates him and he'll be a Wing next in 2010/11.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 12:15 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Not necessarily. It depends on his waiver status and whether or not part of the contract is two-way. Howard and Ericsson both has the first year of their new deals as two-way deals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
one-way deal Matt says.
so are we thinking Kindl's a Wing next year, or just getting paid an NHL salary in the AHL like Ericsson was this year? (does he have another year of waiver-exemption?)
Kindl only has one year left of waiver exemptions. He signed a standard 3 year ELC, and non-goalies only get three seasons of waiver exemptions. Because of Ericsson's age when he was drafted, he only signed a 2 year ELC. Thus, for Ericsson's second contract he still had a year of waiver exemptions, so he played the first year of that deal primarily in the AHL. Howard, as a goalie, got four seasons of waiver exemptions.

If Kindl signing a new three year deal is a confirmed fact, then we can pretty much guarantee he'll be on the roster by the start of 2010-11.

Old
07-23-2009, 12:22 PM
solo16

Quote:
You really don't understand if you think that's the case. He does NOT post rumors or tentative agreements, only confirmed contracts. The different coloring means that the exact financial terms aren't confirmed. Irish Blues gave Matt all his source information. Capgeek is basically an extension of IB's old nhlscap site since he isn't involved with it really anymore. IB's info was always 100% accurate, and Matt has it now so he's the new primary source for all this.

In case you haven't been keeping up and stuff.....

http://www.nhlscap.com/news.htm

Considering TSN used his information for all their cap information and Eklund did as well, I'd say that him turning it all over to Matt makes capgeek the new primary source, wouldn't you? Just sayin since you always seem to think you know everything.....
Keep it classy mate... Anyway why dont you go to the about page and read for yourself. All the recently posted contracts are subject to change and tenative. He scours the internet TSN etc, to find his information and posts it as soon as it is confirmed by a semi-reliable source. He in no way warrants that it is 100% accurate. He is absolutely not a primary source and if you think he is you are naive. IB's site was good sure but frankly he wasnt a primary source either with a few exceptions. Both IB and Matt did make some calls and can only be considered a PRIMARY source in regard to the calls they made. The kindl situation I suspect is a primary source as it hasn't been reported anywhere else and Matt is familiar with the organization (so that he could make a call).

Anyway you look at it Capgeek is a compilation site rather then an actual primary source in regards to 99% of its material. Even with regard to the redwings its mostly scouring the local beat reporters for information. He is damn good at accumulating and correlating information but that makes him a Secondary rather than Primary source so generally people need to stop citing to him when breaking news happens. The Kindl situation is technically a rumor (given we dont know his source) that personally we all put a fair bit of faith in. He himself admits it is subject to change as he receives more information.

Posted from his about page to contradict your assertion:

"CapGeek.com is the creation of freelance hockey writer Matthew Wuest, who has spent the past decade writing about the sport for a variety of publications. The original salary cap calculator — and by most accounts, the first ever developed for the Internet — was published on another site of Matthew's, RedWingsCentral.com, in April 2009. After an overwhelming response, the project was extended and CapGeek.com was created.
This is a new project that is expected to grow over time. We are interested in hearing from users with bugs, contract clarifications, suggestions or comments. Please feel free to email us at admin@capgeek.com if you have anything to say.
Chip McCleary is the source for all entry-level contracts and many non-estimated contracts signed prior to July 1. Data for other contracts — particularly those signed on July 1 or later — has been compiled from media reports and league sources. Some contracts noted with an asterisk in the "recent contracts" list have not been officially confirmed and are subject to change. Capgeek.com strives to have the most accurate data on the Internet. HockeyDB.com is the source for all non-contract player statistics that appear in profiles.
Our database includes every NHL player from the 2008-09 season as well as any signed prospects considered legitimate threats to crack a team's roster next season. If we left someone important out, email admin@capgeek.com and we'll consider adding him immediately."

Old
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Either way solo, Matt Wuest (the owner of capgeek and redwingscentral.com) posted the signing himself on RWC. It's a legit confirmation.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Either way solo, Matt Wuest (the owner of capgeek and redwingscentral.com) posted the signing himself on RWC. It's a legit confirmation.
I agree. Thats why i posted the link to Redwingcentral. I think it is a legit signing... Though matt didnt say how he found out. I trust him . Figure I might as well I read his site 15 times a day .

Old
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Radiohead
Street Spirit

What's Kindl's potential? Offensive dman with top pairing upside?

Radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Fowler524

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....eman_jaku.html

Just another link confirming the signing

Fowler524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
What's Kindl's potential? Offensive dman with top pairing upside?
Basically, yes. His hockey sense is holding him back a bit, as he's prone to make poor decisions under pressure. Kindl definitely has the talent of a top pair D, though. I think Kronwall is a good measure of his upside.

Old
07-23-2009, 06:01 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Basically, yes. His hockey sense is holding him back a bit, as he's prone to make poor decisions under pressure. Kindl definitely has the talent of a top pair D, though. I think Kronwall is a good measure of his upside.
Bigger than Kronwall with a better shot. Not quite as mobile/agile. Hockey sense is probably a bit less too.

Old
07-23-2009, 06:29 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Kindl will need to make some big steps to be a top-pairing guy. Could happen, but as of now he looks like another Cam Barker type, top-4, with not quite as much offense.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Id rather see a Kindl-Ericsson third pairing combo then Ericsson-Lebda/Meech.

Kid has a lot of potential and we could use some fresh yougn legs on the blueline who can actually do something with the puck, unlike Lebda.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 12:21 AM
mottjm7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post

Kid has a lot of potential and we could use some fresh yougn legs on the blueline who can actually do something with the puck, unlike Lebda.
if Lidstrom comes back, I believe you will get your wish. I also agree. Kindl and Ericsson is a good 3rd pair.

mottjm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 12:35 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Watching paint dry on growing grass?

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote