HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tatar

Old
07-24-2009, 04:09 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Tatar

Well, it seems that Tomas Tatar will most probably play either in Zvolen next year or if he play in NA then in the AHL. According to this.

And my horrible attempt ona translation:

Quote:
The negotiations about Tomas Tatarīs future that were sheduled to take place on Friday changed to a Thursday afternoon meeting with HKM Zvolenīs president, GM, coach, the playerīs Slovak agent and of course, Tatar himself. In half an hour they came to an agreement.

The most important conclusion: Zvolen will allow Tatar to take part in Detroitīs main camp in September. Almost for 100% they excluded the alternative of his departure to Kitchener Rangers of the Canadian OHL.

"There are three possibilities," Ivan Pivovarci (GM) informed us:"We take CHL for Tatar as a bad alternative. Detroit would have to express really big interest for this alternative, also financial towards Zvolen. We give almost no chance to that. We believe, and we all agreed on his, that a junior league would be a step back for Tomas. The possibility of this alternative isnīt bigger than 2%. We will realease him for Detroitīs camp, while we explained what awaits him after return to Zvolen. Tomas would have to fight for a spot in our team again. That because of the fact that in the pre-season he will probably play in a different spot than he would if he didnīt go to Detroitīs camp. That is related with the preparations for the begining of the Extraliga season, because heīll be in camp by then. Anything can happen, if he does good there and that is the third possibility, that he signs a contract with Detroit and will stay with the first team or will go to Grand Rapids, we have to have a winger prepared as a replacement. Noone doubts that if Tatar stays in Zvolen after the camp, heīll be able to get his spot again."

Tomas Tatar is stisfied with the result of the meeting.

"Yes, I am, " he confirmed for us. " We agreed on this proceeding with my Canadian agent as well as the Slovak one."

Now itīs just up to him what heīll show in Red Wingīs training camp.

" If I return to Zvolen after the camp is over, Iīm not afraid about losing my spot in the line-up, because I have already gained one. I donīt know whether coach Holan will try out some other player on my spot from last season during the pre-season. But Iīm not scared of it, Iīll work on myself."

Pre-season starts for Zvolen next Tuesday against Bansky Bystrica.

According to Milos Holan at the beginning Tatar will play with center Filip Turek, just like last year.

"As his departure to overseas will come closer, will try other alternatives on his spot. Yes, it can happen that heīll impress in Detroit and will stay letīs say in the farm team. So we have to be ready for all possibilities."

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Hmm, I think Tatar can't go to the Griffins, because he is still junior aged, am I right?

I hope he still be in Europe. Playing against men will develop him more.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 04:37 AM
slovakiasnextone

Actually he is eligible for the AHL as an European drafted in Europe, he can play there as an 18 year old. The thing is that (althoug I donīt know much about the players situation in Grand Rapids) how much ice-time would he get there? Thereīs no doubt that heīll get top 6 ice-time in Zvolen and will most probably get international play with the senior national team as well and the WHC in 2010 (although itīs a lil bit too soon to talk about that) is very probable as well for him.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I would love to see Tatar in GR next year.
But after signing some forwards for GR, we're running out of space

McGrath
Oulahen
Williams
Newbury
Ritola
Raedeke
Tardif
Pare
Ryno
Mursak
Emmerton
Axelsson

That's 12 RW contracts in GR -- Just at Forward

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I would love to see Tatar in GR next year.
But after signing some forwards for GR, we're running out of space

McGrath
Oulahen
Williams
Newbury
Ritola
Raedeke
Tardif
Pare
Ryno
Mursak
Emmerton
Axelsson

That's 12 RW contracts in GR -- Just at Forward
Really?

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Let him come to camp and then send him back home for another year. I think coming over for the AHL this year is rushing him too much.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote