HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question: Hockey Magazines

Old
07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Question: Hockey Magazines

Just a quick question: what weekly/monthly hockey magazines are available-- I'm looking to order a subscription. Is there one to recommend that is better than The Hockey News? Thanks.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2009, 08:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Just a quick question: what weekly/monthly hockey magazines are available-- I'm looking to order a subscription. Is there one to recommend that is better than The Hockey News? Thanks.
god i hope so. But as much flak as HFboards gets, I'd rather read the opinions of my fellow posters and debate here than get a magazine sub.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2009, 08:42 PM
habtastic

ya hockey magazines IMO are worthless. What do they report that you can't get without either coming on here, going to habs inside out (who btw know more about the NHL globally than anyone out there) or just googling. They have nothing new to report and are only good if you want pictures of hockey. The only one I would buy IF I did (not that it's biased or anything) is Les Canadiens. Again, that would just be for glossy photos.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Habsfan18

THN is pretty much the only hockey magazine on the market. And unfortunately, it's nowhere near as relevant as it used to be.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2009, 09:12 PM
GoldenForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
ya hockey magazines IMO are worthless. What do they report that you can't get without either coming on here, going to habs inside out (who btw know more about the NHL globally than anyone out there) or just googling. They have nothing new to report and are only good if you want pictures of hockey. The only one I would buy IF I did (not that it's biased or anything) is Les Canadiens. Again, that would just be for glossy photos.
I do always check/read Habs HF Boards regularly. Sometimes I just like to have a little something to read when I'm not online.

ps. as far as Habs InsideOut, it is mostly just a compilation of articles found on RDS, La Presse, and CBC. The stuff the Gazette writers put out is (IMO) generally crap. Hickey, Todd, Stubbs...I think those guys are a bunch of tools. Red was pretty good back in the day, but it's almost like he's a bit senile and egotistical these days. Truth is (IMO), The Gazette overall is one of the worst newspapers I've ever read (and unfortunately I've read it a bunch).

Thanks for the replies.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote