HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Cammalleri a Hab (5 years/30 million)

Old
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Markov is going to LOVE feeding this guy those cross-ice passes on the PP based on that video.
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Habsfan18

I watched Cammalleri play a lot within the last few years. This guy seriously has one of the best one-timers I've ever seen.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
he reminds me of a smaller heatley, which ill take

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Markov is going to LOVE feeding this guy those cross-ice passes on the PP based on that video.
Hehehe...if teams try to stop it they'll give Gomez more room for set ups. Our PP looks so awesome on paper.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Up to date compilation. You'll know why people call him an expert one timer.

I'm already in love with his one knee one-timers. I take one-timers like that, so it's ****ing cool to see a pro do it. And the puck just flies off his stick.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Jedrik

Nobody's made much of how he seems to be on Tanguay's tail and replacing him wherever he goes -- he's even taking his number this year, no? Kinda funny. Calgary dealt Tanguay and said publicly that they had what they thought was a better replacement, as far as I recall.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Gonna be nice to have a pure goal scorer for once...this guy doesn't waste his opportunities

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
la25ecoupe

why did flames let him go?

and i hiope he onspire ak to necome tbe sames playet

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:35 PM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post

Jay Bo, that's why.

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:

Couldn't afford to keep him after they got Bouwmeester.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Codes

Cammalleri quickly became a fan favourite here in Calgary. His one-timer is deadly; you gotta love when he gets down on one knee when firing his one timers. Very classy guy, and it's unfortunate the Flames couldn't retain him.

For whatever reason, however, Cammy's offense dried up towards the end of the season, and wasn't overly effective in the playoffs. Whether or not it had to do with bringing Jokinen in, or not, will be determined.

He did very well with Iginla who isn't known for his set-up abilities, so I wonder how he'll do with more capable play makers around him.

Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
Cammalleri quickly became a fan favourite here in Calgary. His one-timer is deadly; you gotta love when he gets down on one knee when firing his one timers. Very classy guy, and it's unfortunate the Flames couldn't retain him.

For whatever reason, however, Cammy's offense dried up towards the end of the season, and wasn't overly effective in the playoffs. Whether or not it had to do with bringing Jokinen in, or not, will be determined.

He did very well with Iginla who isn't known for his set-up abilities, so I wonder how he'll do with more capable play makers around him.
Thanks for the info -- good to hear.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 50
Ya definitely need to pair him up with Markov on the PP

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
I'm already in love with his one knee one-timers. I take one-timers like that, so it's ****ing cool to see a pro do it. And the puck just flies off his stick.
the other thing is especially watching the first half of the video is how quick of a release he has. A lot of breaking down the wing and get a deceptively hard accurate shot away for goals.

Cammy by far my favorite hab signing in 15 years.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 03:06 PM
jfont

Awards:
when cammy was in LA, he manned the point on the power play. he has excellent goal scoring skills. he's not a softie and he knows where to go on the ice to get a good scoring chance. he's not very big but can hold his own in the corners with mediocre defenders. his one timers are good ... but he's not a jari kurri.

07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Because they have 21 million committed to their top 4 Dmen.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 12:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Have you watched Cammalleri play? No...you just look at his stats and assume that they are due to Iginla, just like you'd assume Tanguay's good numbers are because of Sakic/Forsberg when in fact he didn't even play on the same line...

Cammalleri had 80pts in LA, how do you explain that?

He's a goal scorer who's fantastic on the powerplay. I'd also argue that Gomez is a much better playmaker than Iginla.
The extremely underrated Alexander Frolov.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The extremely underrated Alexander Frolov.
Its odd seeing Frolov's point totals decreasing for 2 years in a row now.

Cammalleri healthy = Frolov's best year
Cammalleri hurt = Frolov production decline (more case of leveled because of his own games missed)
Cammalleri traded = Frolov's production further declines

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 03:03 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Its odd seeing Frolov's point totals decreasing for 2 years in a row now.

Cammalleri healthy = Frolov's best year
Cammalleri hurt = Frolov production decline (more case of leveled because of his own games missed)
Cammalleri traded = Frolov's production further declines
Frolov's production actually increased in 07-08 on a point per game basis. It's not a case of levelling off. He played better. Period.

Last year, the whole team struggled offensively, including Kopitar. That's because Terry Murray came and imposed a strict defensive system to get the youngsters to learn defense.

Whether you like Cammy or not, he has nothing to do with the decrease in Frolov's production. Frolov is a very good playmaker and he can rack up good points totals playing with many players. Obviously, having Cammalleri capitalizing on chances instead of a lesser player might help, but it doesn't really diminish Frolov's skill in any way.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 03:14 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8 View Post
Frolov's production actually increased in 07-08 on a point per game basis. It's not a case of levelling off. He played better. Period.

Last year, the whole team struggled offensively, including Kopitar. That's because Terry Murray came and imposed a strict defensive system to get the youngsters to learn defense.

Whether you like Cammy or not, he has nothing to do with the decrease in Frolov's production. Frolov is a very good playmaker and he can rack up good points totals playing with many players. Obviously, having Cammalleri capitalizing on chances instead of a lesser player might help, but it doesn't really diminish Frolov's skill in any way.
I think he's just trying to disprove or argue other points that may be selling Cammalleri short, like many seem to be doing.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Dark4ng3l

I'm not scared of Camalleri not doing well here. Looking at that video a lot of his goals come from him using his good shot or going to the tough scoring areas around the net for rebounds than the result of fantastic plays that he just finishes off.

I'm not saying he can score 40 goals but I certainly don't see him doing poorly like most of our scorers last year(or Ryder the year before)

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Hey look, I like Kovy and have a red home jersey with his name on it. I don't plan on not wearing it, though I do own a Jacques Plante and Patrick Roy classic jersey and have Ryder on the white and blue vintage one, so I'm used to wearing former Hab jerseys. But Cammy is a fine replacement. He may not have that playoff demon ability or that wicked wrister but he's more consistent. He has two 80+ pt. seasons, two 30 goal season (three 20 goal seasons) and his last AHL year was fantastic too (46 goals, 106 pts.). He can produce at centre but has the one-timer to be a dynamic winger too. He doesn't shy away from physical play, as does Gionta (Gomez can be worn down once in a while). I think our new "smurfs" have more Koivu than Plekanec in them.

When Kovy got to Montreal, he was in his 12th season in the league but still only had three years of over 30 goals and one season over 80. When he tallied 44-51-95 in 2000-01 he was playing with Jagr, Straka, Lang and Lemieux, which beats out Jarome Iginla and the Flames of 08-09 any day. Kovy had shown flashes of brilliance, but I think Cammy's been consistently good. He's only 27 but by 27, Kovy had yet to put together any season like what Cammy did. I think sticking a healthy Cammalleri with Gomez, Gionta, Markov, Spacek, Plekanec, the Kostitsyns, etc. will bring out a lot of his offensive potential. Anything less than 30 goals, 60 pts. in a full-ish season will be a disappointment IMO.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote