HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade with Montreal?

Old
07-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Volks

vCash: 500
Halak is not a bad goalie but he is 5'11 and watched a lot of the games of the Habs and his size his very an handicap for him.

Andrei K with Thornton could explose, you guys might have heard something about the Kostytsyn off-ice behavior and all the history that we heard but A K is less in party that his brother because he have a wife and a kid.

All the youngs players of the Habs were all on the party. Montreal have one of greatest Nighlife in North America, how does players could resist it. In Montreal, the players are like gods i could compare it to Hollywood stars.

Eklund is also talking about a trade with SJS. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...COMING/1/22288

Volks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Volks

I just wanted to report to you that if the deal happen it should be before de first august. Just to be clear, i never said that this deal will happen, i only report it.

I hope this deal will not happen. Eklund is again reporting today that a trade is cooking between Mtl and SJS

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...COMING/1/22288

Old
07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What I do know, from other conversations that I have had over the past few weeks, is that the Sharks really like Plekanec and Halak
I could believe that they might be interested in Halak. But Plekanec? Really? The Sharks have centers. They don't need an underachiever like Plek.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 01:19 PM
onsider

You guys should trade Marleau and Cheechoo and then, go for Heatley, and put him on the left side of JT. Put Clowe on the RW. What about this 3 way deal :
To NYI
Hamrlik
O’Byrne
Cheechoo

To San Jose
Plekanec
Halak
2nd MTL
Comeau
2nd NYI
+ NYI futur considerations
SJS free up roughly 5 M and go for Heatley, in a trade that will involve Ehroff or Vlasic.

To Montreal
Marleau
Gervais
Biron

onsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsider View Post
You guys should trade Marleau and Cheechoo and then, go for Heatley, and put him on the left side of JT. Put Clowe on the RW. What about this 3 way deal :
To NYI
Hamrlik
O’Byrne
Cheechoo

To San Jose
Plekanec
Halak
2nd MTL
Comeau
2nd NYI
SJS free up roughly 5 M and go for Heatley, in a trade that will involve Ehroff or Vlasic.

To Montreal
Marleau
Gervais
Biron

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 01:22 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

The money makes it impossible. Dealing Marleau would be due to salary cap pressure and that means they have to get a talent return that also provide $3 million or so in cap relief. I don't know if the Kost problems are lackof heart or early career inconsistency but it might not make a difference. Tough to make him the center piece in a deal after -7 and 41pts.
At the best case this deal could work out well for the Sharks. I think Halak is pretty good and could improve. Kost scored 53 points as a 23 year old with the unstellar Hab centers so another 20 points is definitely not impossible. On a weaker club Hammer was better last year than Vlasic and there is a good chance he will still be better this year. But without improvement by both Kost and Halak, and if Hamrlik declines at all the deal is a complete bust.
Even if management are big AK fans, Hammer's contract makes this one a non starter. Montreal can't get both the best player in the deal, and a salary dump of their own. .08% chance

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
To NYI
Hamrlik
O’Byrne
Cheechoo

To San Jose
Plekanec
Halak
2nd MTL
Comeau
2nd NYI

To Montreal
Marleau
Gervais
Biron
This deal makes the Sharks worse, and getting Heatley won't change anything about that.

Besides, the five million which are freed up in this deal put the Sharks maybe around 1.5 million below the cap, how are they supposed to get Heatley to fit in there?

And who are they going to trade for Heatley, obviously Vlasic or Ehrhoff alone won't get it done, nor would it fit under the cap. So more core-player would have to go.

This deal makes no sense at all.

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 01:36 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
The money makes it impossible. Dealing Marleau would be due to salary cap pressure and that means they have to get a talent return that also provide $3 million or so in cap relief. I don't know if the Kost problems are lackof heart or early career inconsistency but it might not make a difference. Tough to make him the center piece in a deal after -7 and 41pts.
At the best case this deal could work out well for the Sharks. I think Halak is pretty good and could improve. Kost scored 53 points as a 23 year old with the unstellar Hab centers so another 20 points is definitely not impossible. On a weaker club Hammer was better last year than Vlasic and there is a good chance he will still be better this year. But without improvement by both Kost and Halak, and if Hamrlik declines at all the deal is a complete bust.
Even if management are big AK fans, Hammer's contract makes this one a non starter. Montreal can't get both the best player in the deal, and a salary dump of their own. .08% chance
The problem with including Hamrlik is the Sharks have no need for him or his contract. We have defensemen to give. We could use a backup goalie but those are not hard to find for cheap and without dealing Marleau or Vlasic.

It's hard to envision a deal that would move Vlasic without sending Cheechoo and getting a top scoring forward in return. Including Marleau in a deal would only happen for a top level forward like Heatley and I can't see that happening either.

I'm pretty sure at this point Marleau will be with the Sharks this year. Any deals we will make will include one of our defensemen and we won't take a defenseman back unless its someone that is younger and could be a franchise defenseman as part of a larger package.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 04:29 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Halak is a up and commer and could be part of the future in goal for the sharks. How about Cheecho for Halak straight up?

Montreal gets a winger with some upside if he gets a good set up guy as a line mate + PP production for his team.

Sharks get a Backup goalie to compete/push Nabby and Greiss this season and then compete for the #1 role next year after Nabby is gone

Both players are in need of perhaps proving thems selves some what and changes of addresses could help them both.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Sanderson

1) Montreal wouldn't trade Halak for Cheechoo, because:
2) Montreal doesn't need wingers
3) Montreal can't afford Cheechoo's salary right now
4) He may push Nabokov, though I don't see it, but he certainly wouldn't push Greiss, unless you mean push off the roster

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Halak is a up and commer and could be part of the future in goal for the sharks. How about Cheecho for Halak straight up?

Montreal gets a winger with some upside if he gets a good set up guy as a line mate + PP production for his team.

Sharks get a Backup goalie to compete/push Nabby and Greiss this season and then compete for the #1 role next year after Nabby is gone

Both players are in need of perhaps proving thems selves some what and changes of addresses could help them both.
Montreal's top six currently is Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta and A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty/S. Kostitsyn. So they could potentially use a Jonathan Cheechoo but they don't have the cap space for it.

Sharks this year do not need Halak to push anyone. Greiss can do just fine pushing Nabokov because the team knows and has probably told Nabokov that he needs to have a good season and playoffs to re-sign in San Jose or they'll go with Greiss. Now, next season when Nabby's a free agent and they might want to gamble on Greiss, then you can pick up Halak to have a sort of buffer in case he blows but not this year.

Halak being here this year isn't going to help him at all because he wouldn't get that many starts anyway so there's not much room to show his worth.

The Sharks don't need to deal Cheech for a goalie. Trade him for draft picks or a 3rd line winger like Metropolit or a 7th defenseman like O'Byrne (not suggesting that's Cheech's value but just examples of what the Sharks should deal for).

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Volks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The Sharks don't need to deal Cheech for a goalie. Trade him for draft picks or a 3rd line winger like Metropolit or a 7th defenseman like O'Byrne (not suggesting that's Cheech's value but just examples of what the Sharks should deal for).
Metropolit is not a 3rd line winger, he is a 4rd line guy. I will prefer that the sharks use a 3rd line complete with young players than use a Metropolit who play's very bad.

Old
07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Metropolit is not a 3rd line winger, he is a 4rd line guy. I will prefer that the sharks use a 3rd line complete with young players than use a Metropolit who play's very bad.
Metropolit can play 3rd line center or right wing and it was just an example.

Old
07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

With all this talk about Halak, what does this say about Greiss? Is there a lack of confidence, or is he just not ready yet?

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
With all this talk about Halak, what does this say about Greiss? Is there a lack of confidence, or is he just not ready yet?
Too much time reading proposals from Hab fan.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
All this talk originates from one place and it's not San Jose. The Sharks have already made up their mind about it and this is just fluff. If Cheechoo goes to Montreal, it's for something like Metropolit and O'Byrne, if that. Halak is not coming to SJ.

Old
07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing Halak in SJ, but it makes more sense next offseason (assuming Nabby struggles and doesn't re-sign)

Old
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
To NYI
Hamrlik
O’Byrne
Cheechoo

To San Jose
Plekanec
Halak
2nd MTL
Comeau
2nd NYI

To Montreal
Marleau
Gervais
Biron

Isles are rebuilding with youngsters.They aren't trading 23 yr old Comeau+23 yr old Gervais for 35 yr old Hamrlik+ soon to be 30 yr old Cheechoo.

Also,Hamrlik makes $5.5m next season,Cheechoo makes $3m.The isles aren't taking on $8m in salary dumps.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles are rebuilding with youngsters.They aren't trading 23 yr old Comeau+23 yr old Gervais for 35 yr old Hamrlik+ soon to be 30 yr old Cheechoo.

Also,Hamrlik makes $5.5m next season,Cheechoo makes $3m.The isles aren't taking on $8m in salary dumps.
Shut up, yes you are.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
Shut up, yes you are.
I get more of a kick out of the fans suggestions,then Eklund's vague rumors.

A lot of fantasy proposals suggested

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 08:43 PM
PerfectStorm*

Quote:
It says that some clueless Montreal fans want to get rid of Halak and think the internet segment of the Sharks fanbase can be exploited and taken advantage of.

PerfectStorm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 09:16 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

This is all so tiring......

07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
This is all so tiring......

Sleepy time..

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Habsfan18

Hey guys,

Honest question here..

Let's say you're offered Plekanec & Halak for Marleau.

Do you do it? Just wondering since it'd free up cap space, and Marleau is a pending UFA. Would that work for Marleau?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

I'd rather take a shot at the Cup with Marleau ...